Is there any Collectible you bought and later regretted?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bardoon

Super Freak
Reaction score
In lieu of the "is there any figure you regret selling.." thread...I thought it'd be interesting to do a thread of the OPPOSITE.

Are there any figures,statues,etc. that you bought that you later regretted? Whether it be because it was too much, quality was bad, or you just wanted it for a little bit and ended up selling it for less? Was something better made later on? Whatever the reason, tell that too!!!

I'll go:

-SS Lara Croft figure: Thought I'd like her, but I didn't...ended up selling for less.
-HT Reg. Leon Kennedy: Great figure but overall couldn't get into the RE/Zombie theme
-The Dead Tac.Ops Zombie: Same as above...and he came out GREEN.Green wtf?
-That extra HT Joker v1: Cause Hot Toys is making the DX one...*sigh*

Obi Wan Kotobukiya . i hate these statues . i dont know why i hate them so much but i do ! i dont like them !!

Dc Direct Joker - rubbishy figure. i sold it . fortunatelly only 5 euros less.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The NECA V for Vendetta statue. What a huge disappointment.

So far I haven't regretted anything...not everything I have purchased has stayed in my collection....but no regrets....

Well maybe kinda one. :lol The Mindzeye Midnight Bronze Hellboy statue. It's too metallic blue and not enough bronze. Sticks out like a sore thumb in my collection. I LOVE the sculpt...just hate the color of it. Wish I would have just gotten a regular painted one....I may try to paint this one...can't make it look any worse (imo). :lol

ss jurassic park dio, 3 different ones came damaged, at least i got my money back ,
imo the paint really sucked on these, even if i had got a mint one, i would have been sick of it.

So far I haven't regretted anything...not everything I have purchased has stayed in my collection....but no regrets....

Well maybe kinda one. :lol The Mindzeye Midnight Bronze Hellboy statue. It's too metallic blue and not enough bronze. Sticks out like a sore thumb in my collection. I LOVE the sculpt...just hate the color of it. Wish I would have just gotten a regular painted one....I may try to paint this one...can't make it look any worse (imo). :lol

Maybe you could do a simple bronze coat.

Maybe you could do a simple bronze coat.

I kinda want to try my hand at painting him normal....not bright vivid colors...more dark tones.....if I mess up I can always slap on some bronze. :lol

Got any pics of this masterpiece?

For me, it isn't so much that the statue sucks, which it does, but the fact that they upped the ES from 500 to 1500 without telling anybody. I never would have ordered that damn thing, because with an ES that high, I would have just gotten one off ebay cheap had I really wanted it.
dscf0893.jpg

Look at his awesome curved daggers.

Got any pics of this masterpiece?

I never bothered. I didn't even display it. I took it out of the box, looked at it, boxed it back up, and sold it at a loss. :lol

And yeah, the edition size was a joke.

I bought a limited edition bronze of Steve Urkel from Family Matters but strictly for resale. It turns out no one wanted to buy it. I didn't see that one coming! ;)

Seriously, there's a slew of things I've owned and now can't believe I spent money on them! Mainly hot properties like Austin Powers, South Park, etc. Now, I'm more selective; I purchase higher end collectibles and haven't regretted a single purchase in years.

medicom spiderman. Just a little too small and the joints on mine were very loose.
I didn't pay much for it though anyway , I sold it later on.

Then xenoviper made that awesome Parker head and I wanted it back. :lol

AVP Wolf bust.

Pictures made it look cool. First in person impression floors you, but as time goes on it just looks like garbage. The mouth is the glaring deficiency. The lack of detail was just sad. The way the dreads start sticking together and the stories of other owners dreads falling out and breaking forced me to sell this one.

The Black Roboraptor. I do not know why I bought that, it can barely even walk and takes up room. My boyfriend thought I was wasting my money but I thought it was cute. That's the only time I should have listened to him.

roboraptor_platinum.jpg

Yes, Scarface 1:1 bust....because it led me to meeting Pam...:monkey4

Back