Is it just me that find Hot Toys to be very addicting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I pretty much limit myself to 1 hot toys a year. Kinda sucks, and I have a really hard time making up my mind on what to get. It's really hard when the wait is so freaking long from announcement to release. I think this years figure will be the new Captain America (love the new suit). The problem is, I'll probably have to wait til next year when he comes out. The fact is, I probably could buy a couple more, but my lego addiction has kinda overtaken my HT. Oh, and the dang Wife/kids/house thing also screws things up :)

Don't you hate when responsibilities get in the way? :lol

Would it be wrong to skip birthdays, etc? Lol..

Yeah HT is addicting so we need to control it...the good thing is they keep reissuing so I feel it is just right to stop on HT because I feel it becomes masses BARBIE & not collectible anymore. If the price tells that how valuable they are and how limited these items going to be, I dont mind...but see the 3 in 1 Bats bundle, the price is becoming so much cheaper because it is becoming regular toys and from my point of view, it is so expensive if this becoming masses productions.....you know. So, better to choose your Line if you still love it NOT TO FOLLOW THE FLOW.

i think if you know what you want and plan the purchase its kinda okay, since with preorder waiting time you can save up some money, but just remember
1. money budget (willing or able to spend)
2. space (or its all gonna sit there like mine in the corner of the room ahahha)

Yeah, I pretty much limit myself to 1 hot toys a year. Kinda sucks, and I have a really hard time making up my mind on what to get. It's really hard when the wait is so freaking long from announcement to release. I think this years figure will be the new Captain America (love the new suit). The problem is, I'll probably have to wait til next year when he comes out. The fact is, I probably could buy a couple more, but my lego addiction has kinda overtaken my HT. Oh, and the dang Wife/kids/house thing also screws things up :)

Lol about the wife/kids/house statement.

At first I thought Lego was killing me because it was so expensive and I had to get pretty much everything they came out with. When I switched over to Hot Toys and Sideshow, Lego was like chump change. Lol.

I would buy way more if my gf wouldn't be angry. I didn't get any Marvel Hot Toys because I feared what I would do if I bought a single, lonely Avenger.

WTF, if my gf gave out about what I do with MY money, out the door she'd be.

I said I wasn't addicted, it was just a case of getting into the hobby and catching up
I only had a couple more per orders, than I was done buying
Next thing I know, I bought a fig that wasnt even on the radar, from a fellow freak
Looks like I'm addicted

When you get MARRIED there is no such thing as YOUR money!:lol

28682-Hell-no-gif-CD0Y.jpeg

I think it's really hard to not buy these days, with so many licenses and different companies offering a wide variety of choices with good quality figures (dam toys, vts, soldier story, hot toys, enterbay, threezero, smaller companies etc). You think you'll never need a figure till it pops out for pre-order and then its a must-buy or an impulse buy (sometimes to avoid after market price increase). I thought I only needed 1 figure this year (cap's new suit from the winter soldier) but since the walking dead license was picked up, its turned to 1 figure n almost a whole line of figures (at least 4). So its crazy and going to get worse. I need help... Counselling anyone?

And the constant updating of figures is annoying. Sure it benefits those that missed out or just started collecting, but even they will be in the same boat as those that got 1 version only for another to come out 1 year later. With versions 3.0 - 10.0 expected within the next 5 years for each ironman, batman and joker etc. Kinda makes collecting less special if you understand my point. Gone were the days when dx1 meant something special.

Last edited:
And the constant updating of figures is annoying. Sure it benefits those that missed out or just started collecting, but even they will be in the same boat as those that got 1 version only for another to come out 1 year later. With versions 3.0 - 10.0 expected within the next 5 years for each ironman, batman and joker etc. Kinda makes collecting less special if you understand my point. Gone were the days when dx1 meant something special.

I don't collect things for a "special" feeling, I collect them because I enjoy them on my shelf. :cuckoo:

Maybe it's because I own a home, cars and have a kid...but 3 figures a month is a BIT much for sure!!! Doing quick napkin math thats around $9,600 USD using an average of $275 a pop.

Then not to mention the space I would need to display them properly. ha ha

Congrats to those who can do it though! A bit jealous here!!

:lecture

IMHO...knowing your priorities, and handling situation like this is something to be proud of, it just shows that you have evolved into a responsible man..

I'll never marry or have kids, absolutely HATE babies! More toys for me and whatever bit on the side I have that week :p

Collecting Hot toys will pretty much ensure that :lol

I’m not addicted to Hot Toys but I am currently “infected” by them, Iron Man in particular.

I call it an infection because I will buy what I want and then the desire dissipates and I move onto to a different hobby for a while, meteorites, guns, movie props, etc.

I have been collecting for 37 years and I realized a long time ago that the best way to control yourself is to only buy what you can afford, so if I can't cash flow it, I don’t need it.

Back