Is it just me that find Hot Toys to be very addicting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've definitely found it difficult at times to stop buying figures for my collection. I think that is a testament to the high quality and wide range of characters that are offered by companies like Hot Toys and Sideshow. There are a ton of figures being released that I want to buy--sometimes I jump on the preorder and sometimes I hold back--it depends on money/display space available. Also, as my collection has grown I've started looking for specific versions of characters as opposed to buying every figure available. The most widespread example would be Iron Man figures. When I first got into collecting 1/6 scale I started buying every IM figure I saw. Now I am looking for ones that I feel complement my collection--I don't need to complete the line. I think my binge-buying days are over. However, when you consider all of the releases by Hot Toys, Sideshow, and custom figures that are available, chances are every month I'm still buying something (maybe a couple somethings) I guess to some that would be considered an addiction. Look at my preorders, lol. Maybe I do have a problem.

Self-control. Figure out what you want your collection to consist of, what you think is an important piece, and focus on just that. It's really hard, even for me. I started with The Dark Knight Trilogy since I worked on that film and then expanded to Captain America since I worked on the sequel. And I somehow ended up getting War Machine Mk1 and Mark7 and that became Mechanic Tony, Mark42, Iron Patriot, and I'm planning on stopping there w/ respect to Iron Man. I also have Terminator DX10 and DX13 and Robocop incoming, and I really want to stop there, but I'm worried the collection will just continue to grow, as I have Thor pre-ordered at the moment, but I really don't want an Avengers collection.

New collector here :wave

In two months, I have bought thirteen Hot Toy figures, and three1/4 scales (Endo, BD T-800, Enterbay Batman)

I must say this is some crazy hobby ! Thank god I'm not into Iron Man or Avengers :lol

Now I'm just waiting for my Bane figure to arrive and won't be purchasing anymore until August (RoboCop !)

I went crazy last year and got into a pickle with my finances, but then I was able to pull out for a while. I think it helped me to set rules for myself (e.g., I only collect 1/6 and will NOT under any circumstances buy a 1/4 figure, no matter how awesome that HT QS Batman looks, or that Enterbay BD T-800).

I went crazy last year and got into a pickle with my finances, but then I was able to pull out for a while. I think it helped me to set rules for myself (e.g., I only collect 1/6 and will NOT under any circumstances buy a 1/4 figure, no matter how awesome that HT QS Batman looks, or that Enterbay BD T-800).
I screamed when I checked my credit card balance few days ago :D

Yea..1/4 figures are $$$$.
My Batman was an impulse buy due to newb excitement, but as a Terminator fan, I could not pass on Endo and BD T800.

No more 1/4 figures for me...well...untile they decide to release T-800 from the first Terminator movie.

I prefer 1/6 scale anyways:thumbup:

Must resis ...temptation ...to buy Enterbay T-1000...

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

I definitely feel like HT are addicting. It's just like getting tattoos, once I started, I kept wanting more.

These are some of the best figures out there and remind me of my favorite characters in great detail. I have quite a few now lol.

Once I get a figure I really wanted I kinda forget about it, and then I find something else I want... and can't think of something else until I have it

excited-gif20.gif

:lol I don't know if I'm addicted, I assume I could live without all of the things that I don't really need but I dunno..

Back