Is Chris Nolan On Track To Becoming The Best Director Ever?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

No offense dude, he's a good director, and I enjoy his movies, but he hasn't done anything yet that puts him in the Best Director category...

I didn't say he was I just wondered if people were the same as me in believing he will be eventually if he can sustain the level of quality he's produced so far.

Last edited:
I think if I see one more Dark Knight/Nolan fanboy lovefest thread, my head is going to...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/oep4mRpmrkQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/oep4mRpmrkQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So no, I don't think he is now, or ever will be, the best director ever.

He's a good director but nowhere near great.

"Dear Christopher Nolan,

Please learn how to direct action before making your next action movie.

Kthnxbye!"

I think if I see one more Dark Knight/Nolan fanboy lovefest thread, my head is going to...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/oep4mRpmrkQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/oep4mRpmrkQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He's not in Cronenberg's league either.

Is it that inconceivable that he could eventually be the best, most of the directors that people call great struggled to create notable movies in their first few attempts and became brilliant learning from their experiences. Within his first decade in the business three of his films have Oscar nominations & he has one as well, four out of his six movies so far are in the top 250 films voted for by movie fans. He's only 38 man so he isn't any where near his peak of film making, Lucas & Spielberg had just hit the big time around that age.

I'm not saying he's the best or that he will ever be the best but he's done pretty well so far.

I am so glad that you are joking here....Joker...

Uwe Boll...if there was ONE person on this earth who i would choose to shoot into the sun for the bettering of all humanity...it would be him

I can't wait for BloodRayne 3.
happy0060.gif

i think Christopher Nolan so far has an excellent track record. I have thoroughly enjoyed all his films. Not only a great director, but also a great screenwriter as well, as he has written, or been involved in the screenplays of all his films.

As for best director - it is very hard to characterize that. I have my favorite director (James Cameron), but I couldn't say he is the best director.

So although i can't say he is on track to being the best director, if he continues as he is, he may become my favorite director... maybe.

i think Christopher Nolan so far has an excellent track record. I have thoroughly enjoyed all his films. Not only a great director, but also a great screenwriter as well, as he has written, or been involved in the screenplays of all his films.

As for best director - it is very hard to characterize that. I have my favorite director (James Cameron), but I couldn't say he is the best director.

So although i can't say he is on track to being the best director, if he continues as he is, he may become my favorite director... maybe.

James Cameron is my favourite director too, I'm a Terminator addict & I can't wait for the new one.
happy0034.gif
Oh & Christian Bale rocks.

Yea i think James Cameron is/will be the best Canadian born director in Hollywood history.

Once he gets out, and stays out of the freakin ocean. I had to suffer through Aliens of the Deep. Not fun. Sorry Jimbo.

Watch the original Insomnia and then watch Nolan's, then you'll see what a hack Nolan is. He obviously didn't understand the main character and the film. like Shai said, Nolan is mediocre.

Back