Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this is definitely a must have. Don't know if I'm going to sell my 1:2 Mark III or keep it and have them as a pair, but I do know this looks like the best 1:2 scale statue SS has ever done so there's no passing on this one. Wonder what other retailers will be selling it for...surely less than $2k, right?

He's just 5 inches taller than Wolverine, who's hunched over. The scale seems wrong?

It says 36" on the product page, but I just measured my Mark III and on the base it's right at 39"(the armor itself is over 36") so surely the Mark VII wouldn't be smaller.

I love everything about him except the hight! as my first LSF, I'm expecting something BIG (like Doom), I hate the fact the IM LSF will have the same hight of my Sauron PF. Probably will order one, hope the production piece will be as shinny and slick as the prototype.

So is it confirmed that this one is shorter than the mark III? I don't own that one, but I was thinking about getting this one. Why would there be a height difference of 4"? That's pretty substantial, especially if you wanted to display them together. They should be the same height otherwise they'd look funny beside each other.

So is it confirmed that this one is shorter than the mark III? I don't own that one, but I was thinking about getting this one. Why would there be a height difference of 4"? That's pretty substantial, especially if you wanted to display them together. They should be the same height otherwise they'd look funny beside each other.

thats exactly what i was saying…and in my earlier post i pointed out how doom is listed at 50 inches..that would make him 14 inches taller than this and using real scale that would mean they are saying he's 28 inches taller than IM (in real life)..seems odd, especially when comparing it to the mk 3 lsf

If this is out of scale to the mark III were gonna have problems.

It makes no sense to me why they would do this? 4" shorter means the mark VII would top out at shoulder level to the mark III. How odd would that look displayed next to each other :dunno

I think we need to hear the real facts from SS. These conversations usually get blown out of proportion when everyone's assuming.

Chris

I'm just going by the height listed on the item page which is 36" and my Mark III is right at 39". It doesn't make sense that Mark VII would be shorter.

Would it be a good idea to re watch some of the footage from comic con to get an idea of scale amongst the other LSFs? I know they're not lined up next to each other but maybe use the people walking by the displays as a reference guide to scale...what do you think?

Four inches shorter is a big difference. If someone has the other IM LSF they can't display it next to this short stuff. It would not look right.

If this is out of scale to the mark III were gonna have problems.

It makes no sense to me why they would do this? 4" shorter means the mark VII would top out at shoulder level to the mark III. How odd would that look displayed next to each other :dunno

I think we need to hear the real facts from SS. These conversations usually get blown out of proportion when everyone's assuming.

Chris

It's not assumption...

Mark III...
40" H (1016mm) x 20" W (508mm) x 20" L (508mm)*

Mark VII....
36" H (914.4mm) x 23" W (584.2mm) x 12" L (304.8mm)*

Stan Winston studios & legacy effects

Founding partners Lindsay Macgowan,*Shane Mahan, John Rosengrant, and Alan Scott supervised projects at*Stan Winston Studio*for over 20 years before Winston’s passing in 2008.[2]*After his death they created their own separate company, Legacy Effects, a difficult and controversial decision

If only we could get this picture with a better perspective.

a9e9yny4.jpg

They all look about the same height, though.

Back