Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish XM, ECC, CM....or ANY company for that matter that specializes in quality made these. They're to amazing to be screwed up by a company that just doesn't care anymore.

Chris

Let wait for IA's MK7, but too bad not selling to US, but can get it from retailer, which total cost about $2K as well, might be slightly lower also
Their paint job is much better

Hi
Just my humble experience
When I 1st jumoed to statue line (1/4 mk6 n WM), I was shocked that statue painting is suck. It just can't compare with HT 1/6 nomatter on painting or details. The price is not "worth" it. However, it give difference feeling, may be becoz of its weight, and size

Til now, I have been in this line for few years and have seen quite # of statues especially sideshow one. I just can't really remember how many SS product come with good painting, and good likeness. I was told it is becoz the size, the material and etc therefore it won be as good as HT. Somemore, it is hand made, painted by worker one by one, but not by machine like HT. And it lastly make me accepted the "fact".

And back to few years ago, MK3 bust and legendary scale, when it was 1st released, everyone complain on its quality as well, leg broken, painting suck, scale is off and etc. But today, a alot ppls are looking for it either.

How could it happen? I am not sure. May be it is becoz only SS has good license and collector has to accept watever provided as limited source? However, I still feel SS product is OK but not really fasntatic or really worthy. When talk about worthy, we definitely won get $2k worth job. reason is, $2K has included the shipping cost from China factory to USA, the management office labour cost, warehouse cost, and etc. Additionally, SS provided 1:1 exchange if anything broken during shipping. I do think SS has bundled this cost into $2K as well. So, how much balance is really for the statue?

So, what could we done? Of course, we do hope SS can improve the accuracy, detail and painting job. But alternatively, may be just consider to get other brand like IA, XM Studio which new but pay more efforts on their product. Or, just buy custom and repaint it!! (not recommended) LOL

From all the photos, I do feel SS has improved on its detailing, design (parts assembly), packaging as well. Hope it could be even better

I will keep my piece nomatter wat. But still have few mths to go.

Enjoy

My thoughts as this was the LSF I was going to get. $2000 is just too much from what I'm seeing. Even if the real maquette doesn't have the arc reactor detail or you can't see it in the movie, I can't understand why Sideshow would leave that out on a $2000 collectible that should be the Iron Man piece to own. If they want it exact as the prop version, I believe there will still differences. I remember reading about Lucasfilm and how even though the prop lightsabers were accurate, there were little things off to prevent people from passing them off as filming versions. Perhaps I didn't notice the missing arc reactor detail on Sideshow's site or in SDCC 2013 pics and videos. But this missing detail alone makes this LSF a pass for me.

Looking at Sideshow's site they don't even have the different website design for the legendary scale like they did originally. It's the same as the normal statues just higher priced. I think I'm out on Legendary Scale Figures. Even if they make a Jedi Luke unless it's really good I'll be passing. I know Hot Toys will eventually make a Jedi Luke. No doubt he'll be awesome from what I've seen of their Empire version and some custom Jedi versions. $2000 is just way too much to ask unless you are the type of collector that needs a statue and wants 1/2 scale no matter what. I need the best versions and this should be it for $2000. But it isn't.

And I'm seeing more differences in the pics you guys are posting. I just don't get this LSF. Why make a copy of the FX maquette and not make it better or get it exact. The video mentions something like the paint doesn't look like metal. That's a major problem on a $2000 Iron Man.

PS - I looked at Sideshow's site and I don't know if they updated it. But none of the pics show the arc reactor up close without lights on. So maybe I assumed the detail would be there.

So this statue looks good when low lighted. I remember seeing foto of him in super bright SDCC and he looked amazing. I have him on locally PO and doubt my local retail will let me cancel. Such a let down for a LSF. Where is the SS rep or Alex when an item is being question. WW will be my last SS PO, no more. Learn my lesson expensive.

Next time don't even bother state Movie Accurate, Legacy, blah blah blah statement SS. It's just false advertisement.

yeah I didn't get this but I did order the mark42 bust. All the pics have the reactor lit up and I was gambling there would be some sort of detail in there when unlit. Feeling like I made the wrong play. Looks awesome lit but most of us keep these unlit a majority of the time. Hmmm

yeah I didn't get this but I did order the mark42 bust. All the pics have the reactor lit up and I was gambling there would be some sort of detail in there when unlit. Feeling like I made the wrong play. Looks awesome lit but most of us keep these unlit a majority of the time. Hmmm

The prototype of the Mark 42 bust is by far the best looking Iron Man bust I've seen from Sideshow, but at this point I have zero confidence that the production piece will look anything like it. :(

i feel that any thing ordered from sideshow at this point and time is the "wrong play". To many other companies out there making statues 10000X better then Sideshow.

I remember when I used to look forward to their announcements and pre orders. Those were the days.

Now it just seems like disappointment after disappointment. :(

Am I the only one that thinks this looks great? Fair enough it's not exactly like the prototype but when are they ever and that's why they put the text saying its a prototype and the final product may differ. I will be keeping my order and putting it alongside the Mark III and hope they make the other Marks in the future. I know I will get ripped apart but everyone has different views on things and I don't see what the fuss is about.

You would expect on. LSF, it would receive the highest qc. It don't apply here. Prime1 shows what qc and detail is all about. Please enlighten us SS rep.

Hi sideshow Alex can you pleas cancel my order and refund in full it has not shipped even though you charged me for shipping last week

Order number TC298517

Thanks will contact them Monday I actually sent 2 messages and got nothing back even though they told me on Thursday it was being loaded on the truck

Maybe the truck got stolen

Based on what sideshow Alex said I should not lose my NRD ?

Hmmm... I think you will unless you move the NRD to another item and you haven't done it before.
You're allowed to move it once.
Speak to Customer Services they will give you the options available.

Back