Statue Iron Studios X-Men vs Sentinel BDS 1/10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the 247usd price reasonable for the 1/10 magneto?

yea the prices have gone up drastically over a 6 month period. I have stopped ordering them pretty much. I have a bunch from the Endgame line and then stopped. Was tempted by the Thundercats til I saw Lion-o was like $200. Yup, I'm done lol. Maybe the occasional one here and there but that's it. Same with these xmen ones, just priced too high IMO. And I wasn't going to go for the giant Sentinel version.

Given I buy pieces across many scales, I’m quickly running out of space (these I put up top of my cabinets), so I’m probably on my way out of this scale.

For my remaining preorders I just have the Endgame pieces including Black Order (14+5), a couple from Far from Home and all the Spiderverse ones.......

I didn’t actually realise I had 25 pieces on order until I started counting them :slap

I should be getting Starlord, Hulk, Doctor Strange and Groot either today or tomorrow, and I haven’t even built the small cabinets for them as of yet.

And I just received Professor X yesterday, which is a lot heavier than I thought it would be.

I'm not a fan of sentinel #2. Magneto looks bad up close and the character selection on this one is very very odd. Sentinel #3 looks good.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Did #3 come out yet? I saw #2 on IS website but haven't seen #3. I might get #3.

They've revealed all the X-Men, just not the diorama.
At the moment only Beast and Archangel are definite buys, with Cyclops being a maybe.

I'm really tempted to splash out on a few of these individually, does anyone have any pics of any Iron Studios 1/10 statues in a Detolf?

The single statues are a little pricey, but some of them have some really nice bases, the Storm one is cool, love the tornado.

I?m either going to buy the female characters individually, or i?ll buy set #3 with a Rogue added onto it. Not sure yet.

I read they will be releasing more characters outside of the 3 sets, so.... that may give me a reason to buy individuals.

I'm basically considering buying all the initial X-Men from the 90s run, so Prof X, Cyclops, Wolverine, Iceman, Gambit, Psylocke, Rogue, Colossus, Beast, Storm, Jean and Archangel. I have a Detolf spare so I was thinking I'd love to have 3 X-Men on each shelf and then Magneto on top. I haven't bought anything this scale so I don't know whether that sounds feasible or not.

I might be with the minority, but some of the poses on some of the X-Men in this diorama are awkward.

For example, Gambit, Cyclops, Archangel and Kitty have awkward poses, IMO.

I agree with you on all of them except Cyclops. I just started rereading all the 90s X-Men comics and I believe ive seen that pose in the comics and or the cartoon.

I'm not a fan of kitty so if I do buy it she won't be displayed. Angel is ok. Gambit is ok.

My only issue with this line are the prices. If they were more in line with the movie avenger pieces, I would have ordered most of the separate from the sentinel.

I?ve decided to buy individual figures rather than a set. I like the bases too much. Just picked up Mystique and will collect the other female characters as they release. I heard Emma Frost and Jean are on the horizon too.

These are made of polystyrene right?

For those that have collected these types of statues for years, do these things last the long haul? With the product they?re made from and the paint apps?
Obviously you need to take care of them but I?m just curious.

I have become more selective with Hot Toy figures based on what they?re made of and how long they would last on a shelf, i want to get my money?s worth, that?s why i avoid rubber joints that tear and fake leathers and rubbers that peel ect.

I?ll invest more time in statues now i think, but have only bought a couple and only had them a couple years.

I?ve decided to buy individual figures rather than a set. I like the bases too much. Just picked up Mystique and will collect the other female characters as they release. I heard Emma Frost and Jean are on the horizon too.

These are made of polystyrene right?

For those that have collected these types of statues for years, do these things last the long haul? With the product they?re made from and the paint apps?
Obviously you need to take care of them but I?m just curious.

I have become more selective with Hot Toy figures based on what they?re made of and how long they would last on a shelf, i want to get my money?s worth, that?s why i avoid rubber joints that tear and fake leathers and rubbers that peel ect.

I?ll invest more time in statues now i think, but have only bought a couple and only had them a couple years.

These usually have mixed materials, like on mystique, the long white loin cloth is some type of semi pliable plastic. But the figures are usually polystone, although there are exceptions.

Oh crap. That might be a pre order. I decided not to get #3 and instead just get the solo figures. I want the full xmen team (except angle and pride)

Back