Statue Iron Studios X-Men vs Sentinel BDS 1/10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super awesome!

Attachments

• xmen.jpg
    xmen.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 154
Oh no, yet another Gambit with his leg up that makes no sense. There seems to be no leaping motion. I guess his arm is just attached to his leg and comes up when he throws cards.

Oh no, yet another Gambit with his leg up that makes no sense. There seems to be no leaping motion. I guess his arm is just attached to his leg and comes up when he throws cards.

hah, he does look kinda strange. man, buying all 3 would be some insane cost. One on the left still looks the best IMO.

I've been looking at the bases on these three and I don't think they actually connect. Nothing seems to match, especially that third one, which is very low compared to the middle one. So these end up looking more like three themed statues sitting next to each other.

Re: Iron Studios Sentinel BDS 1/10

07b9aa12708321af7ed0faf497969a4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone noticed how drastically the next two have changed from the concept art that was displayed just a couple of months ago? We had Colossus there and now he's out completely.

I've been looking at the bases on these three and I don't think they actually connect. Nothing seems to match, especially that third one, which is very low compared to the middle one. So these end up looking more like three themed statues sitting next to each other.

I think they would have to make the bases so much bigger if you want them to connect, without making the sentinels looking too cramped together.

Re: Iron Studios Sentinel BDS 1/10

Has anyone noticed how drastically the next two have changed from the concept art that was displayed just a couple of months ago? We had Colossus there and now he's out completely.

Hmmm, ur right. it's almost like they replaced colossus with juggernaut. I would much rather have colossus.

Not only that, but thematically as well.

The first statue has four X-men fighting and handily destroying a Sentinel in the school.

The second statue looks more like Juggernaut, Magneto, and a Magneto controlled Sentinel are all ganging up on a solo Gambit (who, with the leg up, looks like he's pitching a baseball) with the base looking, to me, like a Sentinel breaking into the school from outside.

The third statue has five X-men fighting a Sentinel outside, though this Sentinel looks to be in pristine condition.

The middle one has the worst cohesion to me because it's hard to see who's fighting who. It looks like Magneto could be controlling the Sentinel to attack Gambit, with the raised arm, but Magneto isn't even looking at Gambit, he's staring at the audience. Juggernaut looks like he could be running at Gambit, but the angle looks off. I would have rather they just depicted all of the X-Men heroes, anti-heroes, and villains teaming up to take on the Sentinels.

These are very cool. I?m not into X-men enough to invest but what a bold concept. Getting all three would be a hard core fans dream. Wondering who has almost 5k and a 9 foot long by 3 foot high shelf to display? Looking forward to pics when these are compete and displayed together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting to see if Sideshow offers these. I'm planning to get all three. Hopefully they'll add Colossus back in. Jean Grey (I think) pose makes no sense. They should replace her with Mystique or Nightcrawler and move Jean over beside Professor X (assuming that one is still going to be produced). Would also like to see Polaris and Havok worked into the scene.

Man, no colossus and no nightcrawler? The more I look at this, the middle one doesn't make sense. I dunno. I think I still want the first one on the left. I want gambit though he does look a bit odd. I would probably still purchase just gambit as I assume magneto will the one that comes as the exclusive with the sentinel. One on the right with no damage is just weird. Curious which character will be the exclusive for that one. I would probably buy most of them on their own though.

Put in a pre-order with sideshow. I'll be happy with the #1 left side only.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Promo code "Getit10". Got me $170 off the price at Iron studios website for this badass piece

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

So we have the Beast for $169.99, Rogue for $139.99 and now we have Wolverine for $149.99.

And maybe not so surprisingly the standalone Wolverine doesn’t look like it comes with the slash effect.

Are the prices on these individual 1/10 X-men still reasonable? The 1/10 prices are slowly approaching 1/6 territory. I'd only pickup wolverine.

Are the prices on these individual 1/10 X-men still reasonable? The 1/10 prices are slowly approaching 1/6 territory. I'd only pickup wolverine.

That’s up to you really to decide if they’re worth it or not. All these BDS pieces are more or less in the same price window.

Even some 1/10 ArtFX pieces are more than these new Iron Studios pieces.

And I’m not sure if they’ll ever catch up to 1/6 scale prices, as the only one holding prices in that scale is Tweeterhead, but Statues and even Hot Toys are continually rising in price. Just look at those 1/6 XM pieces.

Back