Statue Iron Studios X-Men vs Sentinel BDS 1/10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That?s up to you really to decide if they?re worth it or not. All these BDS pieces are more or less in the same price window.

Even some 1/10 ArtFX pieces are more than these new Iron Studios pieces.

And I?m not sure if they?ll ever catch up to 1/6 scale prices, as the only one holding prices in that scale is Tweeterhead, but Statues and even Hot Toys are continually rising in price. Just look at those 1/6 XM pieces.

Depends on which 1/6 scale statues he's talking about, most of DC Collectibles 1:6 scale statues are around $120-$150 so yeah that does put them close to the same price range as Iron Studios 1:10 scale statues which are running around $100-$120

Tweeterhead 1:6 statues average around $250 (around $150 if you find them on sale) and XM 1:6 average around $450 although to be fair to XM $100 of that is shipping which they can't control

Depends on which 1/6 scale statues he's talking about, most of DC Collectibles 1:6 scale statues are around $120-$150 so yeah that does put them close to the same price range as Iron Studios 1:10 scale statues which are running around $100-$120

Tweeterhead 1:6 statues average around $250 (around $150 if you find them on sale) and XM 1:6 average around $450 although to be fair to XM $100 of that is shipping which they can't control

Ah yeah, I rarely ever think about those DC Collectible statues, though I did buy that WW on Horse piece, but I’ll probably box that one up soon enough.

Though I will say this, they’ve probably improved their quality the most these past few years, though I doubt I’ll buy another.

Cy base.

Attachments

• cy.jpg
    cy.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 134
I've never got into a line and dropped it like this before. These statues where great when they were in the $90-$150 range. They tried to lure me, but I quit before they sunk in. Keep your overpriced statues and shove them where the sun don't shine.

I'm just getting a few of the individual figures, maybe up to five, depending on how they look in the other two sets. I'm fearing what the Thundercats pricing may be.

Brazilian video tour on YouTube. Search for "#ccxp19 - Iron Studios" and skip to 8'12" and then again at 13'00" to see the backside.

New to statues. I was thinking about picking up the Sentinel and doing a dio with SS 1/6 Wolverine and possibly Cyclops and Gambit if they make them. Has anyone mixed in statues with 1/6 figures? How was the overall aesthetic? I know scale is off (1/6 & 1/10) but Sentinel being 35" and the figures roughly 11-12" it I think it still would look awesome.

Ideas/thoughts?

New to statues. I was thinking about picking up the Sentinel and doing a dio with SS 1/6 Wolverine and possibly Cyclops and Gambit if they make them. Has anyone mixed in statues with 1/6 figures? How was the overall aesthetic? I know scale is off (1/6 & 1/10) but Sentinel being 35" and the figures roughly 11-12" it I think it still would look awesome.

Ideas/thoughts?

Mixing scales to that extreme imo doesn’t look good at all. And believe me I’ve had to on occasion as I’m a bit of a hoarder when it comes to my collection, and I put pieces wherever I can fit them.

Mixing scales to that extreme imo doesn?t look good at all. And believe me I?ve had to on occasion as I?m a bit of a hoarder when it comes to my collection, and I put pieces wherever I can fit them.

Appreciate the reply. What about the overall aesthetic? Do the figures look odd next to the statue because of lack of detail or mixed media? Using 1/12 Mezcos would fix scale issues but I'm guessing they would look too toyish and cheap next to the Sentinel.

Appreciate the reply. What about the overall aesthetic? Do the figures look odd next to the statue because of lack of detail or mixed media? Using 1/12 Mezcos would fix scale issues but I'm guessing they would look too toyish and cheap next to the Sentinel.

Some IS statues use softgoods, like capes, but the figure proportions are a little different than Mezco?but it might work with some figs. If you're only using non-IS figures with the Sentinel, then I think you could get away with using Mezco, Figuarts or Mafex (not mixed though).

Some IS statues use softgoods, like capes, but the figure proportions are a little different than Mezco?but it might work with some figs. If you're only using non-IS figures with the Sentinel, then I think you could get away with using Mezco, Figuarts or Mafex (not mixed though).

Appreciate the courteous and speedy reply :clap

Brazilian video tour on YouTube. Search for "#ccxp19 - Iron Studios" and skip to 8'12" and then again at 13'00" to see the backside.

WTF?! ...Only now I noticed the Odin on Throne statue in the video at 10:54 seconds mark!

It looks too big to be 1/10 scale, but looks too small to be 1/4 scale. I'm thinking its 1/6 scale. Damn! I've been looking for an Odin statue!

Back