Iron Studios BDS Art Scale 1/10 - Avengers: Infinity War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m really considering getting that Doctor Strange, but for whatever reason I just don’t like the pose of the Bucky. Just looks awkward to me for some reason; maybe something to do with the head placement and hair I think.

Bucky looks a bit odd in my pic cuz of the perspective but in hand, he looks really good. And from viewing angles, he also works great. But Dr Strange looks really good...likeness, sculpt, pose, paint...all great! After seeing the End Game trailer, I just hope they don't release End Game statues in those white oufits.

Anyone else from the UK waiting an eternity for these statues? I'm still waiting on Hulk, DS, Cap and Thanos. Also looks like IM has been pushed back to November release?

Anyone else from the UK waiting an eternity for these statues? I'm still waiting on Hulk, DS, Cap and Thanos. Also looks like IM has been pushed back to November release?

In Australia, of those only Hulk and Thanos were released two weeks ago and were almost immediately out of stock.

Here is my new Doctor Strange which looks awesome for being 1/10 scale. Sorry for just iPhone pics. I also included pics of my new (for me anyway) Age of Ultron Hawkeye and my collection of 1/10 overall. Need to find another spot for the DC statues and make this wall all Marvel. :)

IMG-5678.jpgIMG-5679.jpgIMG-5680.jpgIMG-5681.jpgIMG-5683.jpg

Here is my new Doctor Strange which looks awesome for being 1/10 scale. Sorry for just iPhone pics. I also included pics of my new (for me anyway) Age of Ultron Hawkeye and my collection of 1/10 overall. Need to find another spot for the DC statues and make this wall all Marvel. :)

Really nice set-up and wow - that is a great Hawkeye! Guess I might amuse myself after EG by trying to pick up some of the older pieces - maybe. I wonder if IS is getting better known - well deserved but for a while they seemed to be this amazing secret.:lol

And Cap is in the house, and once again am thrilled:thud:. Just cannot believe the details and paint washes:clap - beautiful face at this scale, LOL he has great hair. Every small inch a Captain America - tried to get in closer w. cell phone....

Iron_studios_IW_Cap.jpg

Iron_studios_IW_Cap_face.jpg

Iron_studios_IW_Cap_side.jpg

Course the immediate question was did I need Cap #2 to go w. Bucky #2. I had to check, d@mmit.:banghead

Iron_studios_IW_Cap_Bucky1.jpg

Iron_studios_IW_Cap_Bucky2.jpg

IMO the pair are amazing as a small display. Well, if they're your 2 fav MCU characters:love and another Cap already ordered. Sorry not sorry. Perfectly balanced, as my favorite MCU characters should be.:monkey3

Yea they pair up beautifully! These IS pieces are just awesome. I am still in awe at how good Dr. Strange is! Definitely going to pick up IM when he starts shipping. But I am super excited for future releases!

Really nice set-up and wow - that is a great Hawkeye! Guess I might amuse myself after EG by trying to pick up some of the older pieces - maybe. I wonder if IS is getting better known - well deserved but for a while they seemed to be this amazing secret.:lol

And Cap is in the house, and once again am thrilled:thud:. Just cannot believe the details and paint washes:clap - beautiful face at this scale, LOL he has great hair. Every small inch a Captain America - tried to get in closer w. cell phone....

View attachment 447567

View attachment 447568

View attachment 447569

Course the immediate question was did I need Cap #2 to go w. Bucky #2. I had to check, d@mmit.:banghead

View attachment 447570

View attachment 447571

IMO the pair are amazing as a small display. Well, if they're your 2 fav MCU characters:love and another Cap already ordered. Sorry not sorry. Perfectly balanced, as my favorite MCU characters should be.:monkey3

Thanks and I like your Cap. Need to order this one!

Yea they pair up beautifully! These IS pieces are just awesome. I am still in awe at how good Dr. Strange is! Definitely going to pick up IM when he starts shipping. But I am super excited for future releases!

For real I am so impressed with the quality! Usually to me smaller figs seem to end up kind of blobby w. poor paint, but looking Cap over - even the base had washes + they did great with the resin water. He's perfection at 1/10!

DS is so good am seriously tempted:panic:, tho I gotta back off for now re the budget:horror. I might get him anyway just because he's so good and I like the pose - cape flying out etc. IF he's still available :(

IF I have the cash I'd like WM and BP too. Guess I am pretty much ending up with the whole Wakanda group:lol. I've thought about IM - and I COULD pair him with DS.

But for now gotta relax. Tho my Hulk is due Monday which is a great:clap - really looking forward to adding him to the group.

Hulk wasn't at the Battle of Wakanda. Banner was sporting the Hulkbuster suit in that sequence.

True, true. But he WAS in that stinger trailer. I know some wanna be movie correct. For me I'm taking a more liberal approach - and I just plain wanted a classic green Hulk. Plus for me there's a nod to Hulk in Ultron IMO (tho that's true for Hulkbuster too)

Not that the IS Hulkbuster isn't spectacular. :thud:

Meanwhile since BP is waitlisted at SSC - what better to use a BBTS credit on:lol. I really like the head switchout option:love. Then I can decide down the road about War Machine - anyway, my Wakanda group will be almost complete.:banana

32e467a591fc92eea2503456c351b102.jpg

I went even further off than just adding Hulk! I’ll eventually have the whole Titan and Wakanda crew, plus Hulk on the shelf! These little guys are just amazingly well done! Can’t wait to add the others to the mix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went even further off than just adding Hulk! I’ll eventually have the whole Titan and Wakanda crew, plus Hulk on the shelf! These little guys are just amazingly well done! Can’t wait to add the others to the mix

Wow that is fantastic display!:clap

Not only are these really well done, thanks to the naturalistic sculpts they make a surprisingly strong statement even at a distance. IS just knocked it out of the park with these:clap

Nice setup! Who is next on your incoming list?

Hulk wasn't at the Battle of Wakanda. Banner was sporting the Hulkbuster suit in that sequence.
I guess I still missed that after 5 viewings of IW. :dunno

Thanks Sassafras! Yes very AOU feel to it. Same thoughts exactly that I could reuse him for my own toy photography.
I don't feel the SHF Hulk as it still looks cartoony. Then I learnt about Iron Studios with their 1/10 scale. Hulk being my first IS purchase.

sarakawa Thank you! It's a bootleg SHF Widow.

I guess I still missed that after 5 viewings of IW. :dunno

Thanks Sassafras! Yes very AOU feel to it. Same thoughts exactly that I could reuse him for my own toy photography.
I don't feel the SHF Hulk as it still looks cartoony. Then I learnt about Iron Studios with their 1/10 scale. Hulk being my first IS purchase.

sarakawa Thank you! It's a bootleg SHF Widow.

I envy good photographers with these pieces and HTs. I do a bit of Gimping/Photoshopping so u sort of get an appreciation for the possibilities of lighting and angles and color, even if you can't do that yourself:(. Just looking thru my cell phone, IS did such a great job they are worth hauling outside to photograph - such great paint.:clap

Really looking forward to my Hulk - been re-watching Avengers 1 and Ultron - just thinking about all the magnificent imagination we've been treated to onscreen in the last 10 years - including the intro of the Hulkbuster:clap! But I hadn't even planned on getting BP - I just think with my little Wakanda group, BP ties it all together. Then looking the BP piece over in HT vids - of course IS did a great job w. textures and even the writing on the debris he is standing on.

I own the 1/4 BP, so I know what IS can do with a sculpt/pose. Later I'll have to think about other pieces like IM. I like the beefier armors, but it's true these pieces can fill in where you don't want a 1/6 or 1/4. Because the nanotech is kinda critical re the ongoing arcs.:panic:

Back