Iron Studios - Ayrton Senna 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's actually quite a good likeness.
Better than the first pics made it out be. I think it's the hair that's throwing it off a bit.

Released, but.. :mad:

senna1.jpg senna2.jpg

maybe it's just the camera works.

pretty sure the lightings made the hat look rubbery.

I had high hopes for this. I would have got it if it was priced regularly, but at $600, no chance.

The headsculpt looks nothing like him, that flagpole is huge, and that helmet is tiny.

I'm on the fence about this one now that in hand photos are appearing. I really want a figure of Senna in my collection, though I'd prefer a version from his 1988 championship year, but though this looks great on the whole, that crash helmet looks way too small, and isn't 100% accurate to the one he used in 1993. Those gloved hands look on the small side too. Do I wait for further Senna figures to appear as has been rumoured and hope the creases have been ironed out or jump on this one now in case they don't make any others and modify what I can?

Franck, thanks for the photo, would you recommend it?

If you can get it at a good price, don't hesitate and go for it.

Because there will be no more Ayrton Senna in scale 1/6, this was a very special authorization from Ms Neide. Limited to 2000 pieces

I wish this looked better for the money and was easier to get hold of, I'd love a figure of Senna. Before my time (I was 7 when he died), but watching footage of his races (and the recent documentary) I got the distinct impression he was the best driver ever put behind the wheel of an F1 car.

Ayrton Senna is one of my heroes in F1 but this figure was not given justice at all.
A friend of a friend from Brazil got me one of these in which we do the same for him for figures he wanted.
Below are my quick comments on this figure. I really tried not to be picky but there's really a lot wrong with this figure.

1) Headsculpt is just average. Senna is a good looking guy and the actual HS in hand was not even close.
I should had trusted my thoughts when I saw the promo pics looking not good at all.
2) HS paints is just average. There are some 6"-7" figures with better paints than this one.
3) Oh Man! Look at the neck of the helmeted one compare to the other. The helmeted head is so small compare to the one without.
Proportions are all wrong.
4) Switching the heads is a nightmare. The socket of the helmeted HS is so small, fitting it in
the neck peg is very frustrating.
5) The bare hands and the gloved hands in the promo pics seems different and the in-hand ones are really like that.
The bare hands are bigger than the gloved hands. Proportion is so bad.
6) Wrist joints are very loose on mine and switching hands is so frustrating too.
7) Hip joints are bad on my figure and it feels like a rag doll from the waist down.

I did not bother to check on the other accessories and the clothing since I've decided to just sell this one and get a second
VTS Wasteland Ranger in which this Senna figure doesn't come close to it in terms of everything.

I know this is Iron Studios first shot in 1/6, well sorry but you've just killed your product in the 1/6 market.
I would just stick with my die-cast F1 cars of Senna and no more figures for me.
I don't care if this will be the only 1/6 figure of him out there. I surely gave up easily on this figure anyway and not worth to keep.
Photos below.
HS-1.jpg
HS-2.jpg
HS-socket.jpg
senna hands.jpg

Back