Statue Iron Studios: Avengers Endgame: Thor 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t really get why you’ve been consistently saying these pieces were rushed. It’s not really any different from any of their prior MCU pieces, or any other manufacturer.

Their 1/4 Age of Ultron statues were shown off in April 2015, and guess when the film came out, April 2015.

Their Civil War pieces were shown off in June 2016, just a bit over a month after the film came out at the end of April 2016.

Most companies in this field are given material many months ahead of the movie’s release (if not longer) in order to produce merchandise for movie related pieces. Of course there are sometimes disadvantages to this when some CGI is still being worked on until the month of the films release, but more often then not it’s fine, otherwise we might have to wait up to another year for release.

Well, there are other companies that take 2 years or more on their pieces. And maybe that just it. These iron studios pieces are $700 pieces and not $1,000 or more, so their might be a limited amount of time they can sink into them, along with timing for the movie releases.

Whats the run on these going to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, there are other companies that take 2 years or more on their pieces. And maybe that just it. These iron studios pieces are $700 pieces and not $1,000 or more, so their might be a limited amount of time they can sink into them, along with timing for the movie releases.

Whats the run on these going to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately movie based statues aren’t nearly as popular as comic based ones seem to be. So they have to strike while the iron is hot.

Iron Studio MCU pieces have run as high as 850 for Thanos and as low 300 for the Mark 46.

Iron Spider was 730 and the rest of the Civil War line of Black Panther was 470, War Machine was 400 and Falcon, Winter Soldier and Cap were each 350.

Unfortunately movie based statues aren’t nearly as popular as comic based ones seem to be. So they have to strike while the iron is hot.

Iron Studio MCU pieces have run as high as 850 for Thanos and as low 300 for the Mark 46.

Iron Spider was 730 and the rest of the Civil War line of Black Panther was 470, War Machine was 400 and Falcon, Winter Soldier and Cap were each 350.

With the popularity of the series at its peak, these should be a decent ES I would think. It would be mainly price keeping people away, Iron Studios isn't cheap, but the quality is pretty good. I still think my Civil War Falcon is my best 1/4 scale piece.

With the popularity of the series at its peak, these should be a decent ES I would think. It would be mainly price keeping people away, Iron Studios isn't cheap, but the quality is pretty good. I still think my Civil War Falcon is my best 1/4 scale piece.

Yep Falcon is definitely one of my favourites. It’s pretty much the main reason that I got duplicates of the CW Team Cap set. But that was also when I had more than enough display room to spare, which is certainly not the case anymore and unfortunately this weekend I’ll be boxing up that duplicate set, as well as a few others.

Price and since I only got into Iron Studios with the Civil War pieces - I think new-ish collectors are uneasy about a company they don't know much about, unlike WETA, Sideshow, and XM. I know I was *fretting*.

And IS is a relatively new company. I also was uneasy about being based in Brazil if something went wrong; it's not like Sideshow where I could pester them - Brazil is a long way away. It was great when Sideshow started offering IS pieces, and even better now there's and Iron Studios U.S.

So far tho I'd say they were worth every cent - beautiful clean work; feel solid; great sculptures and details.

I honestly don't mind that it doesn't look more like Hemsworth. He looks like the god of thunder to me, I know we're used to a buff thor but he looks like a warrior and pretty cool with this look

I'm defiantly getting this. I want to paint the cape in red, I think it looks more like thor that way.

Collage 2019-05-14 10_55_48.jpg

What to you guys think?

I'm definitely getting Capt but I'm on the fence on this piece. Head sculpt aside (sculpt isn't that bad to me), the pose looks extremely boring and the textures of the suit look cheap and dull. The base is even worse.

Im just waiting to see what are the switch outs but i cannot imagine what are they with such a pose. It looks like one entire piece to me.

I'm defiantly getting this. I want to paint the cape in red, I think it looks more like thor that way.

View attachment 453723

What to you guys think?

If painted I'd go for a darker red myself, for me I wouldn't want it to pop too much, as the whole scene was kinda grim and smoky.

I've got mixed feelings 'coz this has that epic Norse feel and museum pose is easier to deal with on shelf; but I am really missing him calling the lightning down....

Im just waiting to see what are the switch outs but i cannot imagine what are they with such a pose. It looks like one entire piece to me.

I bet the arms and axe use magnets. Head probably separate too. Just give me some glowy eyes maybe I can overpaint w. UV stuff myself:frank

I'm definitely getting Capt but I'm on the fence on this piece. Head sculpt aside (sculpt isn't that bad to me), the pose looks extremely boring and the textures of the suit look cheap and dull. The base is even worse.

I am on the fence as well. Cap is a must have. I need to see how this looks in the promo pics and like you said, what sort of add ons they plan on including.

So far I'm really liking this. I prefer museum poses most of the time and love that it doesn't look like it will take up much space. I was originally only going to get the IS EG Cap and EG Thanos to display with the SSC MK III maquette, but I think I might have to fit the god of thunder in as well.

So far I'm really liking this. I prefer museum poses most of the time and love that it doesn't look like it will take up much space. I was originally only going to get the IS EG Cap and EG Thanos to display with the SSC MK III maquette, but I think I might have to fit the god of thunder in as well.

This will be hard for me to pass up despite being on the fence. I will display with EG Cap, my Mark VI maquette, WM maquette, IM2 BW PF, and my Avengers Hulk Maquette.

Why??? why IS did you had to put this mustard on thor! :slap
View attachment 453993

I wouldn't worry about it, the light looks awfully bright/high contrast. I've loved the dirt on my CW pieces perfectly done. IS knows how to do weathering IMO.

Actually all the dirt is making me want this more - it's Thor with a gritty badass Viking vibe. *Argh* my wallet:monkey2

Edit: Closeups all ~1:22

Really curious about the switch outs. None have been teased. Considering the amount captain has could we possible see short haired head or lightning eyes, action pose arms and removable stormbreaker? Could totally enhance an already good looking statue.

Switchout arms holding both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir would be cool.

That's my dream! I really hope IS will do a switchouts for Thor, since they didn't reveal any switchouts so far i doubt that they will do.

Back