Statue Iron Studios: Avengers Endgame: Thor 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I see it ...it's still a representation of Fat Thor. Others can still enjoy this, tho.

I myself very much hate Fat Thor with a passion....and yet I’ve still got this on its way to me :cuckoo:

In each of the last two Avengers I only hated one thing from each. Hulk in IW, and this travesty in Endgame.

It’s not that I didn’t mind the narrative beats of his journey, just that I thought they went a bit too far with the fat journey.

Yea, agreed ...it did go too far. I knew it was humor to make Thor fat, but I also knew he would need to fight again at the end. And I would've cringed if Thor looked fit and muscular again when he armored up for that fight.

Yea, agreed ...it did go too far. I knew it was humor to make Thor fat, but I also knew he would need to fight again at the end. And I would've cringed if Thor looked fit and muscular again when he armored up for that fight.

Supposedly it was the actors‘ decision to keep him fat, as the original script had him reverting somehow. Honestly I myself would’ve preferred if somehow his mothers parting gift was to cast a spell to change him back after he found out he was still worthy of Mjolnir, rather than just saying eat a salad.

Supposedly it was the actors? decision to keep him fat, as the original script had him reverting somehow. Honestly I myself would?ve preferred if somehow his mothers parting gift was to cast a spell to change him back after he found out he was still worthy of Mjolnir, rather than just saying eat a salad.

That would have been a great way to deal with it! I really wish they had taken that route.

This piece is growing on me. I went from not really feeling it to almost certainly planning to buy it along with Thanos and Cap. Still unsure about Iron Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would have been a great way to deal with it! I really wish they had taken that route.

This piece is growing on me. I went from not really feeling it to almost certainly planning to buy it along with Thanos and Cap. Still unsure about Iron Man.

Come on, you know you're going to end up with all four! :)

Supposedly it was the actors‘ decision to keep him fat, as the original script had him reverting somehow. Honestly I myself would’ve preferred if somehow his mothers parting gift was to cast a spell to change him back after he found out he was still worthy of Mjolnir, rather than just saying eat a salad.

I'm glad they left him husky for the final battle, it showed that despite his five year fall, he was ultimately still the mighty Thor. I also thought the comedy went a bit long with bro Thor but in the end, I found his character just as likable, if not more likable than his previous movie versions...

Humour aside, I liked seeing fat thor in battle as he looks more like a viking warrior, he doesn't need a six pack.

I also would have preferred if he had kept his eye patch, how he looked at the end of ragnarok like odin looked great. But the tie in to guardians and rocket with the replacement eye took precedence

Come on, you know you're going to end up with all four! :)

Pretty much!! Lol..

Ultimately I want my Iron Man representation to come in the form of the Mark 7 suit so I would be buying this as a placeholder which makes me hesitate. He is not feeling like a must have at this point and that price helps me keep things in check lol

Pretty much!! Lol..

Ultimately I want my Iron Man representation to come in the form of the Mark 7 suit so I would be buying this as a placeholder which makes me hesitate. He is not feeling like a must have at this point and that price helps me keep things in check lol

Yeah, the price is salty for sure and I think it's a must to get the deluxe with the switch out portrait. I think the Mark VII is my favorite of the armors but I have to have the Mark 85 to pair with Cap and Thor so that's my rationale. A bit of relief that it's delayed so my wallet can catch-up...

Fat Thor was awesome. As dude said looked like a Viking and I?m glad he got his hair back.
Long hair and fit Thor at the end battle would of been dope.

I actually think they do a nice job "hiding" the fatness lol. He is a bit thick for sure but the pose and the axe mask it really well. In the end, even from the side view, he didn't feel that "fat" to me. They knocked it out of the park. Can't imagine not having him next to Cap. Ironman would have been nice but he's just too pricey for me.

I actually think they do a nice job "hiding" the fatness lol. He is a bit thick for sure but the pose and the axe mask it really well. In the end, even from the side view, he didn't feel that "fat" to me. They knocked it out of the park. Can't imagine not having him next to Cap. Ironman would have been nice but he's just too pricey for me.

I agree with everything you said and also am just going with Cap and Thor. Shame they priced Iron Man so high.

I agree with everything you said and also am just going with Cap and Thor. Shame they priced Iron Man so high.

The price doesn't surprise me. he is floating, hard surface stuff is just more costly to paint up, etc. He also has a lot of add-ons and light up features. I think they could have kept the cost down by keeping him on a level surface instead of the weird floating. Not a huge fan of that so already, the pose irks me. I have my Mark VI maquette from Sideshow but I think it's going to be quite undersized in comparison. Eh, I don't have space to put him next to these 2 right now anyway :lol. I'll have to just dream of a day when I move to a larger house and can display all my statues again:pray:.

Back