Statue Iron Studios: Avengers Endgame: Thor 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thor's character arc was utter rubbish in endgame.

agree 100%. after laughing my a$$ off for the first 5 minutes of Fat-Thor's screen time, it became sadly obvious the directors completely gutted and demoralized him in this movie. Thor definitely deserved better treatment, after being such a bad ass in IW. he was even pathetic in the final battle, slow, fat and took a massive beat down from Thanos without a single infinity stone :slap

I don't love it from what I can see and for $700ish plus a bunch of display real estate I better. I'm still leaning towards passing on all the IS Endgame stuff but we still haven't seen high quality photos or the swapouts. I wonder why not?

I'm disappointed by the likeness here. I would have been o.k. with it if it was a 1/10 statue, but at 1/4 scale it's a let down.

I don't love it from what I can see and for $700ish plus a bunch of display real estate I better. I'm still leaning towards passing on all the IS Endgame stuff but we still haven't seen high quality photos or the swapouts. I wonder why not?

Srsly tho IS is slowly getting better about PR, I had a meltdown about the CW pieces for months - no photos, nothing....read the Darth Vader threads and the same.

IMO just seems like Brazil as a culture is more into its concept stores - when I watch CCXP vids there is so much blabbing - u have to depend on fans like Maniageek on YT to do the PR work.

NOT THOR but for example here's fan vid Cap (IMO the track here is awful:horror):

I'm disappointed by the likeness here. I would have been o.k. with it if it was a 1/10 statue, but at 1/4 scale it's a let down.

I'm not sure I can get an accurate gauge on the likeness from the videos I've seen so far. I'm in for all three of these guys at this point though!

I'm not sure I can get an accurate gauge on the likeness from the videos I've seen so far. I'm in for all three of these guys at this point though!

I knew from the vid I'm in for EG Cap at least. He'll fit nicely IMO with the CW pieces I own, if they have the full shield and portrait.

Thor I wanna see more of. I really wanted glowy eyes and bringing the lightning, but maybe that will be the 1/10.

Srsly tho IS is slowly getting better about PR, I had a meltdown about the CW pieces for months - no photos, nothing....read the Darth Vader threads and the same.

IMO just seems like Brazil as a culture is more into its concept stores - when I watch CCXP vids there is so much blabbing - u have to depend on fans like Maniageek on YT to do the PR work.

NOT THOR but for example here's fan vid Cap (IMO the track here is awful:horror):

You would think they would promote their stuff better, they do make incredible statues. Just saw a new pic in the Cap thread. That statue looks terrific with the helmet, hammer, and busted shield. That one is probably bought.

You would think they would promote their stuff better, they do make incredible statues. Just saw a new pic in the Cap thread. That statue looks terrific with the helmet, hammer, and busted shield. That one is probably bought.

Oh, for sure. Drove me crazy 'coz the CW pieces were a lot of money for me to spend; drove the DV 1/4 scale folks crazy too. IS does put out the odd production pic on Insta every now and then. I used to wonder how they planned to really make it in an already crowded business (SSC, WETA, XM etc.)

My interpretation is that with 3 concept stores and distribution within Brazil, "foreign" dollars are just gravy. But they seem to be expanding, slowly. They still need to up their PR tho - even their own page videos are short and lo-res. I'm too used to SSC and WETA and even Hot Toys doing high res, slow, vids. Plus if you watch a Braziian con "official vid" there's more time spend on people blabbing than images of the pieces.

C267B408-8B2B-47DD-A2D0-34FB9EDEB316.jpg

full body shot

I’m on the fence about this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why companies keep doing that, putting that wrapping around Stormbreaker's handle. It's not screen accurate to IW or EG. HT did it with their Stormbreaker, but that could have just been based off early concept art. But now IS has done it too.

I doesn't look bad, it's just not accurate.

I wonder why companies keep doing that, putting that wrapping around Stormbreaker's handle. It's not screen accurate to IW or EG. HT did it with their Stormbreaker, but that could have just been based off early concept art. But now IS has done it too.

I doesn't look bad, it's just not accurate.

Re e-mailing over the CW pieces, IS told me - and there was a translation/context issue but the representative and myself hung in through it:cool: - that they "receive files or a file" from the studio and there's some back and forth. I take it - like with BP eyes - if the studio changes stuff late in production it's too late for pieces that are already in work. I got the impression IS tries hard for screen accuracy.

I don't mine the wrapping; I just wanted a more dynamic pose. I don't mind Cap being more "museum" as with the CW pieces he'd look great. But I think Thor is accurate re the film re standing and watching Thanos. Maybe there will be switchouts?:dunno

Re e-mailing over the CW pieces, IS told me - and there was a translation/context issue but the representative and myself hung in through it:cool: - that they "receive files or a file" from the studio and there's some back and forth. I take it - like with BP eyes - if the studio changes stuff late in production it's too late for pieces that are already in work. I got the impression IS tries hard for screen accuracy.

I don't mine the wrapping; I just wanted a more dynamic pose. I don't mind Cap being more "museum" as with the CW pieces he'd look great. But I think Thor is accurate re the film re standing and watching Thanos. Maybe there will be switchouts?:dunno

Yeah, I don't mind the wrapping either, just noticed everyone was doing it.

Switchout arms for either of these would be cool, but without seriously good lightning effects, I'm not sure it would work.

tenor.gif

avengers-endgame-thor-mjolnir-stormbreaker-700x305.jpg

I think the marketing machine for this movie, Marvel overall, has made companies really greedy. They’re pumping out sub par products because of popularity.

I love this character but these products look a little cheap and dated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back