Statue Iron Studios: Avengers Endgame: Thor 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He had the short hair at the beginning of the movie so it would be nice to get that head too. You can see more of hemsworth in it too which would be nice.

I know I am in the minority but I still like my SSC Dark World Thor as my 1/4 Hemsworth statue of choice. This one's likeness is ok (granted, I'm not sure these are the best pics).

I know they won't do it but man, it would be PERFECT if they included an IW head sculpt with this statue.

It's the only way I would consider this I think.

The inaccurate handle stormbreaker is indeed a head scratcher at this point. Would Marvel mandate something like this?

It's the only way I would consider this I think.

The inaccurate handle stormbreaker is indeed a head scratcher at this point. Would Marvel mandate something like this?

This is unlikely but its possible when IS had to sculpt the statue, they thought it would have the wrap and then later found out that it didn't from the footage.

This is unlikely but its possible when IS had to sculpt the statue, they thought it would have the wrap and then later found out that it didn't from the footage.

But that would mean they started working on this before Infinity War. And even if they did there should have been plenty of time to change it after Infinity War came out.

They refused to fix the lack of silver paint app (sculpt was fine) on CW Black Panther and they had over a year between prototype and release.

It's growing on me, so this is the scene where Thor is staring at Thanos outside. What would have been cool and different, would be to give us that version of Thanos, sitting down waiting for the avengers, so we can do our own diorama.

It's growing on me, so this is the scene where Thor is staring at Thanos outside. What would have been cool and different, would be to give us that version of Thanos, sitting down waiting for the avengers, so we can do our own diorama.

actually no cuz when he was staring at Thor, he had his fat hoodie on lol. He didnt have either of his weapons either.

IMG_2107.jpg

Likeness is off to me

But it’s great he has so much hair to cover most of it up [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 453393

Likeness is off to me

But it’s great he has so much hair to cover most of it up [emoji23]

Likeness is way off :/ Looks more like if Disney did an animated adaptation of Endgame, and this is how the animators interpreted Thor.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Though I’m probably still going to get this. I would say this is Iron Studios worst facesculpt to date where an actor’s likeness is concerned.

Iron Studios normally does better work than this i am a bit surprised at the likeliness to be honest.

Iron Studios normally does better work than this i am a bit surprised at the likeliness to be honest.

Greed

It’s because it was rushed for the movie. They knew people would buy it no matter cause of all of the excitement.

I have their Vader and that seemed like a beloved passion project the way it came out looking soooo great.

Let’s hope it’s not the new norm with them, otherwise I’ll wait for Prime1 to get their marvel license.

Greed

It’s because it was rushed for the movie. They knew people would buy it no matter cause of all of the excitement.

I have their Vader and that seemed like a beloved passion project the way it came out looking soooo great.

Let’s hope it’s not the new norm with them, otherwise I’ll wait for Prime1 to get their marvel license.

I don’t really get why you’ve been consistently saying these pieces were rushed. It’s not really any different from any of their prior MCU pieces, or any other manufacturer.

Their 1/4 Age of Ultron statues were shown off in April 2015, and guess when the film came out, April 2015.

Their Civil War pieces were shown off in June 2016, just a bit over a month after the film came out at the end of April 2016.

Most companies in this field are given material many months ahead of the movie’s release (if not longer) in order to produce merchandise for movie related pieces. Of course there are sometimes disadvantages to this when some CGI is still being worked on until the month of the films release, but more often then not it’s fine, otherwise we might have to wait up to another year for release.

Not trying to make an excuse for the portrait, which I agree could be better, but fat Thor doesn’t even look like Hemsworth at times...did they fatten his face too?

e59159b346fa90be8b4579063b4442c2.jpg

Back