Statue Iron Studios: Avengers Endgame: Thor 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they nail the likeness on this and Cap, the trio is a no-brainer purchase for me. I guess Cap will have the masked sculpt as well so it's all down to nailing Thor. Come on IS!

There aren't enough movie based thor statues so I hope they do it well. I can see an endgame version working, it's not like he'll be topless

I don’t give a **** what people think about what they did to Thor’s character in End Game. I think what they did was great and funny. And regardless, he looks completely bad ass in the final scene all geared up.

This will be my grail if they do him right. He’ll go right next to my other 1/4 scale statues or maybe I’ll buy some 1/6 stuff to surround him with in a separate display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t give a **** what people think about what they did to Thor’s character in End Game. I think what they did was great and funny. And regardless, he looks completely bad ass in the final scene all geared up.

This will be my grail if they do him right. He’ll go right next to my other 1/4 scale statues or maybe I’ll buy some 1/6 stuff to surround him with in a separate display.

Story wise I totally understood what they were going for, it's just that imo they went too far with the physical side off the jokes (with too many lingering camera shots). It became one of those laughing at, rather than laugh with kind of jokes. And at the end of the day they had completely depowered the guy from both the 3rd acts of Thor 3 and IW with Cap being far more effective in the end.

And I know chances are as much as I may not like the physical portrayal, I'll probably buy the statue, but I've got a feeling if Iron Studios produces one even further down the line, this one will probably get boxed up if it's based on what I think it will be, rather than on the first 20 minutes of Endgame.

Story wise I totally understood what they were going for, it's just that imo they went too far with the physical side off the jokes (with too many lingering camera shots). It became one of those laughing at, rather than laugh with kind of jokes. And at the end of the day they had completely depowered the guy from both the 3rd acts of Thor 3 and IW with Cap being far more effective in the end.

And I know chances are as much as I may not like the physical portrayal, I'll probably buy the statue, but I've got a feeling if Iron Studios produces one even further down the line, this one will probably get boxed up if it's based on what I think it will be, rather than on the first 20 minutes of Endgame.

They didn't "depower" him, they demoralized him. He lost the most of all of the Avengers, and his failures put him into a dark place. Letting his physical appearance go is the ULTIMATE statement on how devastated Thor was after failing repeatedly. And it was shocking, to everyone, and they played that shock for a lot of (great) laughs. But I don't think any of that detracts from the idea that Thor was brought so low by Thanos' defeat, that over the course of five depressing years he'd basically given up.

Cap was huge in Endgame's third act, but it was also his final movie. Thor is likely to go on from here, and there's nothing fun about watching a character who is automatically always at the top of the power food chain. Sometimes a hero needs to be torn down so we can watch him be built back up.

They didn't "depower" him, they demoralized him. He lost the most of all of the Avengers, and his failures put him into a dark place. Letting his physical appearance go is the ULTIMATE statement on how devastated Thor was after failing repeatedly. And it was shocking, to everyone, and they played that shock for a lot of (great) laughs. But I don't think any of that detracts from the idea that Thor was brought so low by Thanos' defeat, that over the course of five depressing years he'd basically given up.

Cap was huge in Endgame's third act, but it was also his final movie. Thor is likely to go on from here, and there's nothing fun about watching a character who is automatically always at the top of the power food chain. Sometimes a hero needs to be torn down so we can watch him be built back up.

I think there's a pretty good chance of that happening with Thor, now that Hemsworth seems re-enthused about the part. And I gotta admit he can be funny, which not everyone can do. Another reason I'm not concerned about his trajectory - they'll power him up in time for another huge villain. Not that he wasn't the God of Lightning in EG anyway. I roll with a lot of that - to me it the Russos were bound and determined to have Cap and IM front and center, and that's what they did. They highlighted Thor in IW.

You'll still buy it even if you don't like how it looks?

Agreed! Never was a huge fan of Thor until Ragnarok. He started to win me over there. Continued into IW. And I enjoyed his story arc into EG...he could definitely feel the weight of the universe on his shoulders. But dual wielding Mjolnir and Stormbreaker? Badass.

2c1f5a314cb19ca5eb570ec84c73c578.jpg

As I said I totally understood his arc, I just didn’t like the cheap laughs they were going for. And with the continued camera work towards his gut towards the end of the film, that’s obviously what they were going for.

You'll still buy it even if you don't like how it looks?

If it’s well made yes. Wouldn’t be the first time. I’ve bought every single piece since 1/4 Iron Studios MCU piece since AOU. Heck I bought the Sideshow DW Thor, and that one looked terrible from day one.

Agreed! Never was a huge fan of Thor until Ragnarok. He started to win me over there. Continued into IW. And I enjoyed his story arc into EG...he could definitely feel the weight of the universe on his shoulders. But dual wielding Mjolnir and Stormbreaker? Badass.

2c1f5a314cb19ca5eb570ec84c73c578.jpg

Honestly Thor Ragnarok is one of my least favourite of the MCU films. I know I’m in the minority, but other than the action scenes I didn’t really like much of it. I guess I just don’t go for that level of comedy.

Ugh, really? Your troll game started weak and it's just getting weaker.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I saw the conversation you guys had about Thor and i added that Thor's arc was utter rubbish in endgame because i thought it was utter rubbish. If he worked for you good on you i am not going to change your mind. You are the troll for calling me an idiot for my opinion.

You got give it to Iron Studios man, they know how to pose these suckers! People had one reservation about this piece, and they managed to make those disappear with this genius move of putting Storm Breaker at the front of the belly. :clap

Now, I just wish Iron Man had more of static, museum pose.

Damn...likeness is a bit rough :(

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Could be better for sure. And like dfanatic said they hid the belly with Stormbreaker. I was hoping for a crazy lightning pose double fisting Mjolnir and Stormbreaker.

I dunno... I'm glad they're making this but this isn't a slam dunk for me. I love that it's third-act Endgame Thor, but between the questionable likeness and the really relaxed static pose (means I can't slot him in with my CW diorama)... I'm going to have to think about this one.

Last edited:
Back