Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did contact is...and they told me since i bought it from sideshow website , ss will be responsible for the replacement

It's so wasteful when Sideshow ask's you to smash a $800.00 statue even if it has either just a few chips, minor break, some bad paint. I had to that with the SS Hulkbuster and Three Life Size Busts. Breaks your heart to smash such beautiful piece's for such minor flaws.

It's so wasteful when Sideshow ask's you to smash a $800.00 statue even if it has either just a few chips, minor break, some bad paint. I had to that with the SS Hulkbuster and Three Life Size Busts. Breaks your heart to smash such beautiful piece's for such minor flaws.

I don't understand this concept. How do they know you smashed it? Do you have to send in the smashed piece? If not, what's stopping people with photo editing skills from pulling a photoshop?

Well for one thing you have to know what the inside looks like and what's in it. When I smashed Hulkbuster there were some rods in certain places. The Busts, some of the resins were certain colors inside and some parts were shredded like fiberglass. I think if they catch you trying to photoshop and scam them, it's pretty much a life time ban. I Love Sideshow Statues too much to ever play that game.

Has anyone had any luck contacting Iron Studios directly (via email) and getting a quicker response / replacement rather than going with SS? Waiting over week now for parts.:taz

That's about the average wait time, unfortunately. Definitely frustrating, but CS stays plenty busy with this stuff.

Has anyone had any luck contacting Iron Studios directly (via email) and getting a quicker response / replacement rather than going with SS? Waiting over week now for parts.:taz
Iron studios will tell you to go through sideshow

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

THanks guys. I think at this point I am really debating now on returning this statue. Its very sad when the Spiderman still sits in his box while all I have displayed is the frame.

Yeah as others have said...would of been nice if we had less plastic. Has anyone tried putting this on a rotating platform? I just don't feel confident that this would be stable at all. The ORP piece is really the only piece that stabilizes this thing and that feels weak.:thud:

I wouldn't think that the ORP stabilises anything at all. And I doubt that it's supposed to.

That's right the os corp sign is supposed to clip onto the window frame of the base has nothing to do with the stability of the base and I believe the lower tentacle part Is what is keeping the base stable along wth the frame

Yesterday I contacted ss and told them i wasn't happy with it...they sent me a return label and they told me i was going to have a full refund...i guess since people are complaining about it...they wont even ask questions..lol

This is really bad guys. I feel sorry for all of You getting this without a proper inspection. By the pieces I am inspecting here It seems IS inspected the painting on the parts but definitely the fittings have not been inspected. At least in the majority of pieces.

This is really bad guys. I feel sorry for all of You getting this without a proper inspection. By the pieces I am inspecting here It seems IS inspected the painting on the parts but definitely the fittings have not been inspected. At least in the majority of pieces.

It is a shame really because this is such a good statue imo.

and ya from what I'm seeing there are some paint issues here and there, but the majority of the problems are the fittings. I know some of my pieces won't go into place and I even broke part of my statue trying to initially put it together.

I had to contact ssc about a broken piece I ended up noticing. Got the "we will get back to you" email which to me sounds like I might be out of luck on replacing the part. Hopefully they at least offer some sort of credit.

I used hundreds of dollars in Rewards Points, so even if Sideshow offered a refund to me, they would steal all that money.

Just goes to show how cheaply these things are produced.

Yeah the problem with this piece is the concept is A+ but the execution is shocking. People paying $750 is bad enough. But then you got international buyers paying $1000 just to find that most of it is plastic. I think I would feel cheated if I had this in person knowing how much it cost me.

Yeah the problem with this piece is the concept is A+ but the execution is shocking. People paying $750 is bad enough. But then you got international buyers paying $1000 just to find that most of it is plastic. I think I would feel cheated if I had this in person knowing how much it cost me.

And to answer my own thoughts I still want this piece but in the back of my head don't want to pay that amount of money for it not knowing if mine will have issues or not lol

I don't understand this concept. How do they know you smashed it? Do you have to send in the smashed piece? If not, what's stopping people with photo editing skills from pulling a photoshop?

You have to smash the part/statue up and send in multiple pictures. If they decide it's not smashed up enough they'll ask you to smash it more until they're satisfied. As far as PS and what not I suppose someone could do that who is really good at it. I'm not sure what the penalty is if they find out you're lying or if you don't comply with their request to smash the part/statue. A fee maybe? Have your account canceled? I'm not sure.

EDIT: Hulk Smash.

Back