Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told by someone who knows the QC guy in I.S. thay he is a guy who doesnt care too much about his job and that in asia this statue had a horrible response from customers.
I have # 377 . Love that statue DESIGN but with so many issues...not worth $800...

soooooooo, I'm kind of curious....as people are smashing their pieces...does that make mine even more rare and more valuable?

In some ways yes, but in most ways no not at all. Statues value go by production number build and paint quality! materials used, and popularity! for instance Wolf Predator LSF sold out even though it didn't have a run amount displayed, it's value sky rocketed! even though more than half of the complaints came from it not being movie accurate and obviously over priced for the scale. There have been people posting it on ebay for as high as 4k US which is stupid but it's value has never dropped below 2k - another example is the Amazing spider-man comiquette fetching for well over 2k now, if your lucky enough 1.5k - If it becomes a grail then it's worth having for value sake.

Don't get me wrong this is a fantastic looking statue, I still have mine on order, somethings up at the moment because mine is still pending and I think it's been pulled, i'm expecting an email of apology from sideshow I bet. Best thing to do is wait and see what happens

I'd be so pissed if Sideshow decided it was their right to make that decision for me.

It is what it is man. I had the Kratos on Throne statue on pre order. The quote they sent me for shipping was almost $1000 US the box is only marinally bigger than The Wolf Predator which I only paid $200 for shipping! I sent them an email asking why so much. Their only answer it's two big! then they just exchanged my deposit over to something else I had on order. Sucks but I guess we will never know really

That's the best part. They do something like that, and then you can't get your money back, or you have to fight to get rewards points back if you used them. They don't make anything easy.

That's the best part. They do something like that, and then you can't get your money back, or you have to fight to get rewards points back if you used them. They don't make anything easy.

Yeah that's true!

Just not sure what's going on with them and this piece. To just wait list it then pull the page completely spells serious disaster. Mind you Iron Studios took the risk. Sideshow also took the risk too. I hate to compare but if XM studios was doing this it might have turned out better. Just an assumption of what ifs

Yeah that's true!

Just not sure what's going on with them and this piece. To just wait list it then pull the page completely spells serious disaster. Mind you Iron Studios took the risk. Sideshow also took the risk too. I hate to compare but if XM studios was doing this it might have turned out better. Just an assumption of what ifs

I had spoke with a rep when I canceled mine, and I was told that it was waitlisted because the interest of the statue was still there by customers ... And that thier inventory on this piece had finally hit thier max units. I just couldn't gamble over $800 with all the problems.

If that statement is true though, do you think it would be tough to ontain this statue later on down the line as others have also said it was a pain to repackage? I know if I was a seller id be very worried it would break during transition.

WOW haven't been on here lately...but I am having the some issues with the doc oct arms fitting and the oscorp sign , the stairs hand rail keeps popping off spidey seams are okay but not great....
not sure if sideshow would let me smash it and give me a refund I didn't think it was worth while contacting them.....this piece is not worth the money paid to be honest.....Think I would get a full refund?

WOW haven't been on here lately...but I am having the some issues with the doc oct arms fitting and the oscorp sign , the stairs hand rail keeps popping off spidey seams are okay but not great....
not sure if sideshow would let me smash it and give me a refund I didn't think it was worth while contacting them.....this piece is not worth the money paid to be honest.....Think I would get a full refund?

Yes you will do. I did. Great concept, awful execution.

I see some got a replacement. How long did it take to get a replacement? I'm waiting to hear back from SS for my exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, reading all those complaints and quality issues is truely disheartening. :( It's looking so great but with all these issues I can't help but worry for future Iron Studios pieces. I dunno what I'd do if their Civil War statues turn out like that. :/ I got Winter Soldier on preorder and was already set on getting Cap too but now I'm not so sure anymore. You really expect a lot more quality for a price like that. I guess I'm really glad that I preordered with a local retailer.

Wow, reading all those complaints and quality issues is truely disheartening. :( It's looking so great but with all these issues I can't help but worry for future Iron Studios pieces. I dunno what I'd do if their Civil War statues turn out like that. :/ I got Winter Soldier on preorder and was already set on getting Cap too but now I'm not so sure anymore. You really expect a lot more quality for a price like that. I guess I'm really glad that I preordered with a local retailer.

I am a tad worried myself. I have the Iron Studios AoU Cap and Iron Man statues and they are awesome. But, this one is worrying me.

I ordered locally so it was a lot easier. He just gave me another one : )

Did you order it from Eric at Toys by chance? God knows how many times I had it in my cart but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I figured I'd have saved more if I ordered it through him vs SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this statue and mine is clean but let be honest can be painting a way better, and for the price that is what we deserve but well i dont like comparation but i have SS pf and if u can get sideshow pick that one, alot issue with a $800 statue, sorry just my opinion

Even with all the complaints on here about this piece the vast majority was still most likely problem free.
I have this and there were no real flaws that I could find. My neighbor has this and his was fine also. I know of one other guy and he said his was fine too. It's an amazing piece. I would recommend it. And if you unfortunately get a flawed one you can always return it. It's worth the risk from a reputable seller.

Yep I had the same issue as you. Sideshow said to smash the statue for refund.

Back