Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is all very disappointing to hear. I had a lot of faith that IS would be one of the best statue makers out there after their first two Cap and Iron Man pieces. :(

If anyone is not 100% happy with this piece they should get a refund. But to be fair this piece has many qualities and it's been reviewed by others as being just! Yes there are issues here and there that comes with this piece but I don't think it's across the board. All I can say even with all these flaws that people are reporting. The people that received this in perfect condition should be smiling knowing they have a great piece should keep it for that alone. I just cannot afford to take the risk of getting something that costs so much and not knowing if it's in perfect order or with annoying defects. So I had to cancel in the end.

But to all that got this and love it congrats to you all!!! This won't deter me from buying any of the new Iron Studios Civil War pieces I can't wait to get the Falcon and Black Panther statues

I hear you Kain, I ultimately canceled in fear of taking a risk with such an expensive piece. Yours also sat in pending for quite some time after the final payment had been scheduled to, which made me feel a bit more uneasy back when you posted you were still going to go through with purchasing this guy. It is a bummer as this is a really cool statue.

I ordered the IS Civil War Black Panther from Sideshow. I hope IS gets their act together before shipping that piece. It appears they dropped the ball on this one.

I was thinking of getting WM, but will just wait it out as far as this company is concerned. Too much headache.

What a shame that most of this Spidey statue is plastic. I think IS will lose a lot of potential customers over this.

What a shame that most of this Spidey statue is plastic. I think IS will lose a lot of potential customers over this.

Probably. Even though I'm "ok" with the one I received I don't plan on purchasing another IS statue any time soon. Spidey just might be a one and done for me.

Not me. And the plastic thing is blown way out of proportion. It's the same as saying a mixed media statue from Sideshow is mostly cloth.

I completely misread fastballs comments lol. I was referring to the mishaps that IS is having with all of the statues. Not the parts being plastic.

Due to all of the issues I think a lot of people will be turned off from ordering their products again, or potential new customers ordering from them.

Sorry, Izeroi. I was just continuing the thought after you, so I didn't quote fastball. I knew what you meant.

So I finally contacted SSC about mine still being on processing or shipping soon. She said they are opening every one and inspecting them before shipping, well opening and inspecting is one thing, but from what I understand it's the fitting of the parts that's the biggest issue. So unless they're going to spend an hour per statue assembling and repacking I don't really know how that's going to work... Such a pain in the arse..

It's still the most amazing looking piece I've seen in person. Once you get over the Lego aspect of assembly every day it looks better the further you get away from your own problems of putting it together. I spoke to Sideshow and they've never had to deal with something like this so they are still in limbo. They did tell me that the 30 Day return policy is out the window if it gets to that point so don't worry about that.

A silver lining happened in that the day I emailed Sideshow about the piece I got an email saying my wait list for the EX Spidey converted 5 months later.

It came today. I didn't open it. But it's nice to have the Plan B just in case.

Just a quick question guys, with so many people cancelling do you reckon if I jumped on the wait list it would convert pretty quickly?

Just a quick question guys, with so many people cancelling do you reckon if I jumped on the wait list it would convert pretty quickly?

I doubt it. My order didn't convert and I ordered this as a pre order. Two things happened. Sideshow sold out or they cancelled the orders all together because they also deleted the wait list page. My bet is they are simply having too much QC issues! And maybe going through their stock to see which ones they can sell. It's worth a try but at this point it's a 50 50 chance wether you get a good one or not! Good luck to you if you do I still think it's a great piece if you get one without any issues

As long as you don't get one that was returned....Mine had fitment issues plus rough/jagged weblines and slight paint wear on one of the black parts of the eye.
The left hand was a completely different shade of red(more orange). But hopefully you get a good statue.... I was told that Iron Studios is collecting any returns so you should be okay.

Hmm that's a shame the plastic doesn't really bother me, I'm surprised if they have had so many issues that they haven't removed him off the website altogether, if anyone was selling one on here I'd take him in a heartbeat I think he looks great

A friend of mine just received his Mark 43 replacement - it has broken shoulder pads and some portions of the armor are WHITE. As is, unpainted resin. He's been told "they're all like that" and he won't have a refund easily, it appears. Not sure if he bought from brasilian resellers or some local shop.

I think the people that got one are lucky, I see the problems but when its all together the sum is greater than the parts and it looks awesome

Back