Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me yes, but I'll never see it the with the way I have him displayed. Check out the two photos below.

Here is a quick pic I took the other day when I set him up. Very bad quality and isn't flattering at all lol. In the picture Spidey's fist appears to be higher than the the IS statue, but as I recall the top of the IS statue is just slightly taller than the overall height of the ssc symbiote.

On the second pic, the paint app on his left shoulder where it connects to his traps looks messy. What's going on there?

Paint rub. I can't tell if they were trying to do some shading or if it's just from being lazy/messy. With any case I had the flash on, but in person I can't really notice it at all. Doesn't make it acceptable though.

BTW Spidey is all in one piece. No part of him comes a part aside from the webbing. So if you try and get a replacement for any paint defects they're going to have to send you a entirely new Spidey.

Wow, I didn't know that. I thought the forearms come off at the glove seams and I thought the calves come off at the boot seams. I've noticed a few in hand pieces where the seam gaps are bigger in those areas.

Got mine in and set up. Have to say its amazing but mine had QA QC issues. Theres a chip on Spidey, it didnt come with webbing and the staircase was broken in the packaging. The plastic that holds up the handrail is in three pieces and a piece of the stairs was snapped clean.

Wow, I didn't know that. I thought the forearms come off at the glove seams and I thought the calves come off at the boot seams. I've noticed a few in hand pieces where the seam gaps are bigger in those areas.

Yeah I had the feeling that was the case at first. But then I noticed on the SSC piece the seems don't line up perfectly with his head.

Got mine in and set up. Have to say its amazing but mine had QA QC issues. Theres a chip on Spidey, it didnt come with webbing and the staircase was broken in the packaging. The plastic that holds up the handrail is in three pieces and a piece of the stairs was snapped clean.

Wow that's too many issues to overlook. Send that back man

Not really feeling this for the price. Mine has a grey paint on the black part of the eye. Separation in the leg. I need a new spidey

The chip on the paint hurts but it's not something you can see I could definitely feel and touch that up and you d never notice. Not having a weapon hurts LOL and if they just sent me a new staircase with the wedding I'd be good to go minus the chip. I think the statue itself is absolutely breathtaking. The neckline is fine by me because that's where he takes off the mask anyways. I could have done a better job with a blue meets the red on the boots but pound for pound this statue is without a doubt the most impressive piece that I own

Damn so sorry

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about those with QC issues. Really hope you can get it sorted out.

Question. Does the grating thing under the stairs attach to the base or do you just place it under there loose?

Good evening guys

I have been away from the Forum for a while.
I have seem too many posts of people with quality problems.
I still deal Iron Studios products and I contacted them about all these issues with the Sideshow batch. The Brazilian batch still have not been received here as our Customs can Be really bad.
Iron Studios told me They have sent replacement parts to Sideshow so They should be able to take care of the replacement parts. You guys can also contact them directly if you have problems getting the replacement part from Sideshow @ [email protected]

You guys take care and let me know if You still have problems as I am in Brazil and can try helping contacting IS.

Last edited:
if there is a major flaw on spidey does sideshow have a replacement on just the statue itself or do you have to send everything back and get it replaced. Help!!! Everything else in the statue is perfect

if there is a major flaw on spidey does sideshow have a replacement on just the statue itself or do you have to send everything back and get it replaced. Help!!! Everything else in the statue is perfect

We'll have to find out. I contacted them already

IS 8.jpg

I can live with the other flaws as they are very minor and barely noticeable but i don't know how this passed IS QC. But i have to say this statue is awesone.... but of course without the major paint issue.

Damn. That doesn't much look like paint, but rather like dirt has adhered to it after being left on the mud of the factory floor before packing!:slap

Good evening guys

I have been away from the Forum for a while.
I have seem too many posts of people with quality problems.
I still deal Iron Studios products and I contacted them about all these issues with the Sideshow batch. The Brazilian batch still have not been received here as our Customs can Be really bad.
Iron Studios told me They have sent replacement parts to Sideshow so They should be able to take care of the replacement parts. You guys can also contact them directly if you have problems getting the replacement part from Sideshow @ [email protected]

You guys take care and let me know if You still have problems as I am in Brazil and can try helping contacting IS.

Thats great to know. Thanks man.

I will say for anyone who is getting this in be prepared to have your socks knocked off. Even with the few problems I am dumbfounded at how amazing this dio is. It's a scene straight out of the comics. But what amazes me is the geometric gravity weight distribution on this thing. It is perfectly sound.

My biggest thing to relay to anyone is... FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. If you don't there may be balance issues. Take your time with this one. It is like an Engineer built it to be a work of art that requires science. But once it's complete you will be amazed they actually pulled this off.

The three things you can take off during assembly are:

When putting Spidey on his base you might want to remove the OSC in Oscorps. This is to give yourself some area to manipulate him into his hole if you have larger hands.

Maybe because my staircase was damaged I was able to remove it at times when moving the statue. It doesn't sit snug enough for movement.

The Doc Oc claw should be removed from the tentacle when moving this to another location.

Getting through all of this is just a matter of patience. Like climbing Everest, when you get to the top it's glorious.

Back