Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It surprises me that so many people say "well, as long as you get a refund". That's not acceptable to me in this hobby. With the amount of money we pay and the amount of time we wait to finally receive a statue after the initial tease, getting a refund is not much of a consolation.

It surprises me that so many people say "well, as long as you get a refund". That's not acceptable to me in this hobby. With the amount of money we pay and the amount of time we wait to finally receive a statue after the initial tease, getting a refund is not much of a consolation.
I agree I would be heartbroken to not get a statue I have been waiting months for to only get it broken and have to return it. But it beats the alternative it comes broken and you dont get a refund

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It may suck, but the point is that is all anyone is really owed. I would be totally annoyed, but as long as I hadn't actually been screwed over, it would be hard to justify the way some of these people, especially on Facebook, go on and on and on about it like Iron Studios kidnapped their children. SS does the exact same things like "We don't have anything better. You don't like it? Send it back." And I would tell them the same thing: Don't give them your business, then. It's pretty simple.

It should be a given that you receive a refund if dissatisfied with the purchase. If you ever order from a company where it's not, I wouldn't give them any business, and I would have my CC company reverse the charge, if applicable.

People are entitled to their complaints if they wait a year for a statue and it arrives in poor condition. If I order seven statues from SS and one of them doesn't meet my expectations, I don't think "don't give them your business" is a valid response.

It should be a given that you receive a refund if dissatisfied with the purchase. If you ever order from a company where it's not, I wouldn't give them any business, and I would have my CC company reverse the charge, if applicable.

People are entitled to their complaints if they wait a year for a statue and it arrives in poor condition. If I order seven statues from SS and one of them doesn't meet my expectations, I don't think "don't give them your business" is a valid response.

Well said.

As you said, SSC hasn't distributed until now. If you look right above my original comment someone mentions receiving a replacement. Frankly, I think they recycle broken statues as replacements, but I don't know that for sure and is purely my speculation. Either way, they do replacements up to a point. I have also heard of them willing to do repairs if shipped to them. I don't know how much more you can ask. I know you love SS, Spidey, but just as many people get a raw deal from them.

And in those Facebook groups, all I see are whiny people who can't get over themselves. If they have a problem with their dealer making them pay return shipping for a broken statue, they should have purchased elsewhere or complain about the retailer. That is not Iron Studios' fault. Everyone feels so entitled these days, especially Americans spoiled by Amazon. I admit they spoil me too, but try to find other retailers with as liberal customer policies.

This isn't about me loving SSC, and if you were around you would have seen me calling them on their crap as well. I call stuff the way I see it and when guys have bases split down the middle because of shoddy packaging paying for a repair doesn't cut it; not at the prices these things bring. Not having basically any replacement parts to speak of is bush league. As for SSC not honouring every replacement request I can see why that happens. In have seen guys request replacements for microscopic problems to a banged up shipper box. When I first started here it the replacement request were, at times, ridiculous so yeah they had to get more choosy. There is a big difference between almost no returns and selective, and I can guarantee if SSC got a request for a new base when the one they shipped was cracked in half they would probably have one of it wasn't the end of the production run. That can't be said for IS.

You missed my point. If a company makes restitution for a problem, you don't really need to cry and wail like a baby about it. I take it you are not on these Facebook groups. It's the same 2-3 people just going on and on about it, yet their problems are really with their retailers. It's tiresome.

You missed my point. If a company makes restitution for a problem, you don't really need to cry and wail like a baby about it. I take it you are not on these Facebook groups. It's the same 2-3 people just going on and on about it, yet their problems are really with their retailers. It's tiresome.

Lol...Facebook

Just got mine in, a day early, and while opening the box I cut my damn finger pretty badly :/

Not out of excitement, just pure clumsiness.

Just got mine in, a day early, and while opening the box I cut my damn finger pretty badly :/

Dont bleed on the statue... Hope you are OK I have done that myself

Dont bleed on the statue... Hope you are OK I have done that myself

I'm good now lol.

This thing was a complete pain in the ass to put together but after setting him up and standing back he really looks great. The total depth on this thing is insane.

*Izeroi wakes up in the morning. Glasses are blurry when he puts them on. Takes them off and eyesight is perfect. Takes off pajama top and is buff as hell. Grabs hair brush and it won't unstick from his hand.*

for what it's worth, a birdie told me SS WILL have replacements...no clue how many, but I am itching for mine to ship asap, just in case.

f83459ad7cadddb630b0710319ed5380.jpg
1184111424cf2d907634b198fe327324.jpg
839ef3d8f783c48ccbd14513f0d04cf2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back