Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this beginning of the month and just got around to setting it up. First thing i'll say is it looks amazing once it was all set up. It's also a lot bigger then i thought it was going to be. But it feels very very cheap to me. Nothing like a $750 statue should be like in my opinion. Almost every part is plastic like and feels like it will break at the slightest touch. A few pieces didn't fit together easily and were a pain to get together since i felt like every piece would snap if I moved it too much. I somehow got it all together without breaking anything and i got it in the place i want it.
I really do love the look of it and how dynamic it is with Spiderman breaking though the glass and it does look really great. But i'm not sure i would buy another statue at this price point from Iron Studios with the way this one feels to me.

It's comments like this and worse and the very real upset of Spiderman fans that had me wondering if buying the CW dio pieces was up there with stupider things I've done. But to be fair I am guessing that issues with this piece, the returns and complaints of a cheap feel, and maybe even Sideshow chewing them out, it just seems like IS fell over itself to correct anything and everything with the CW dio pieces. At least the ones I own - so much is quality even the key and socket connections are nicely finished. Nothing feels flimsy, unbalanced or cheap.

Am truly sorry as the issues you describe could have been done better. Am sure the Spiderman issues cost IS preorders at least with folks wary of Iron Studios. It was an ambitious piece for a relatively new company to take on. I think IS learned tho and Spidey does look spectacular in the pics.

It's comments like this and worse and the very real upset of Spiderman fans that had me wondering if buying the CW dio pieces was up there with stupider things I've done. But to be fair I am guessing that issues with this piece, the returns and complaints of a cheap feel, and maybe even Sideshow chewing them out, it just seems like IS fell over itself to correct anything and everything with the CW dio pieces. At least the ones I own - so much is quality even the key and socket connections are nicely finished. Nothing feels flimsy, unbalanced or cheap.

Am truly sorry as the issues you describe could have been done better. Am sure the Spiderman issues cost IS preorders at least with folks wary of Iron Studios. It was an ambitious piece for a relatively new company to take on. I think IS learned tho and Spidey does look spectacular in the pics.

Great Post! I mean it's one of those pieces you look at it and you want it to succeed and be polished. If this was delivered to me already set up in a display box I would be 100% happy with it. But the point being it's about the whole process of buying statues the feel the assembly the weight and the quality and price.

This piece was very ambitious for a new company but you could see that IS have learned from this with their Civil War line. I'm so delighted with Falcon and would continue to buy from this company. They are doing fantastic future pieces that are shaping up nicely. They could always revisit this piece and properly correct all the mistakes that were made in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Post! I mean it's one of those pieces you look at it and you want it to succeed and be polished. If this was delivered to me already set up in a display box I would be 100% happy with it. But the point being it's about the whole process of buying statues the feel the assembly the weight and the quality and price.

This piece was very ambitious for a new company but you could see that IS have learned from this with their Civil War line. I'm so delighted with Falcon and would continue to buy from this company. They are doing fantastic future pieces that are shaping up nicely. They could always revisit this piece and properly correct all the mistakes that were made in the future?

Thank you:) and I KNOW that if IS did learn from the "Spidey debacle" it hardly helps displeased Spidey owners:(. Having read/watched a lot of Spidey reviews really do feel for upset owners - and another thing, at least in the U.S., Spiderman is an iconic figure - very important. Not some lesser-known character you want to drop the ball on. :(

My own feeling is that IS should have sucked it up, re-cast all the plastic to a better grade, and sent out upgrade kits to any owner w. proof of purchase/pictures. Replace any Spideys w. bad paint/seams. They HAVE done a number of replacements I guess. So things fit better but not necessarily FEEL better w. Spidey. :pfft:
For sure I think this misfire cost as it's hard to rebuild a reputation.

But bein' fair - w. the job they've done on the CW pieces, now if they came out w. something I wanted - especially a grail (for me) like an "assassin" Winter Soldier - I wouldn't be able to get the card out fast enough:cool:. Hope one day they re-do a Spidey - but this Spidey piece does look amazing IMO. One thing I love about it is the glass shattering and the way that was done. LOL love Iron Studios designs they seem to feel go big or go home :lol

IS Studios needs to release another Spidey in the future. They're CA:CW pieces are killer. I'm still tempted by this Spidey piece, but man, there's just too much to choose from lately. SSs latest PF wins for me, but they detail in the IS one is second to none.

IS Studios needs to release another Spidey in the future. They're CA:CW pieces are killer. I'm still tempted by this Spidey piece, but man, there's just too much to choose from lately. SSs latest PF wins for me, but they detail in the IS one is second to none.

I recommend this statue for sure! It's a beauty. I think it's a must have for a spider man fan. It's a lot bigger than it looks too.

So i've had this set up for about 2 weeks now and i think looks wise it is probably my favorite statue in my collection. But I'm still not happy with the quality of it. Any one else have any issue with the web he is shooting. Mine keeps sagging. I've had to adjust it a few times already and everytime i do it feels like it is getting looser and i'm worried it will eventually not stay in.
This is what I think it should be
IMG_20170705_032059 by zuko1312, on Flickr

But less then 24 hours later it looks like this

IMG_20170704_144317 by zuko1312, on Flickr

I finally decided to be drastic and put a little glue in it to see if that will hold it in place better. At the very least that should stop it from falling out because it was getting loose with every time i had to adjust it. If it stays in place i'll be happy. I'll probably never move this since I think if i tried to ever move it i'd almost definitely break something on it so i'm not too worried about ever having to remove the web. I feel like they could have come up with a better way to attach the web. I really want to love this piece and i do love the look but for an almost $800 piece i just expect better quality.

So i've had this set up for about 2 weeks now and i think looks wise it is probably my favorite statue in my collection. But I'm still not happy with the quality of it. Any one else have any issue with the web he is shooting. Mine keeps sagging. I've had to adjust it a few times already and everytime i do it feels like it is getting looser and i'm worried it will eventually not stay in.
This is what I think it should be

But less then 24 hours later it looks like this

IMG_20170704_144317 by zuko1312, on Flickr

I finally decided to be drastic and put a little glue in it to see if that will hold it in place better. At the very least that should stop it from falling out because it was getting loose with every time i had to adjust it. If it stays in place i'll be happy. I'll probably never move this since I think if i tried to ever move it i'd almost definitely break something on it so i'm not too worried about ever having to remove the web. I feel like they could have come up with a better way to attach the web. I really want to love this piece and i do love the look but for an almost $800 piece i just expect better quality.

That is not cool at all. But at the same time it looks like an easy fix

Mine spiderweb holds in place. I bought mine off of a trusted seller on eBay for $600 something. I forgot the exact amount, it's been a few months lol. He put it together beforehand so I knew I was getting one of the good ones. I'm guessing you got the second batch from sideshow? I think putting a little glue on it should do the trick. It should definitely hold. The webbing doesn't weigh much.

Mine spiderweb holds in place. I bought mine off of a trusted seller on eBay for $600 something. I forgot the exact amount, it's been a few months lol. He put it together beforehand so I knew I was getting one of the good ones. I'm guessing you got the second batch from sideshow? I think putting a little glue on it should do the trick. It should definitely hold. The webbing doesn't weigh much.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Thankfully, it doesn't look like it's the web, as much as it is the adhesive.

So i glued the web in and it's not coming out but it is still slowly sagging. I really don't know what else to do with it so i guess i'll just have to live with it and maybe keep straightening it and hope it doesn't eventually break or something. Not happy but don't know what else to do.

IMG_20170710_225223 by zuko1312, on Flickr

So i glued the web in and it's not coming out but it is still slowly sagging. I really don't know what else to do with it so i guess i'll just have to live with it and maybe keep straightening it and hope it doesn't eventually break or something. Not happy but don't know what else to do.

Not sure if I can help you on this one Zuko,

I am interested, what type of glue did you use to try and hold the web in place?

From looking at your pictures and comparing to my statue, it looks like the web piece maybe has not been pushed far enough into the hole on Spidey's wrist.
(I would recommend trying to remove the glue that you have added to the web piece and once back to original condition without any glue carefully / gently trying to push the web piece further into the hole in his wrist - see if it can go in a little deeper). - Yes, yes, I know "that's what she said". :)

Maybe I am wrong about the web piece not going in deep enough, not sure. - Only trying to help..

webzz.jpg

He shouldn't have to keep pushing that every time to straighten it because of sagging.

The web is pushed in as far as it will go in. Before i glued it in i made sure i put it in the hole as far as it would go. Maybe the hole on mine isn't deep enough? I wouldn't be suprised if they messed it up considering the overall way i feel about the quality of this piece. At this point the web is in and isn't coming out unless I was to really try to pull it out. I'll just have to keep straightening it if it keeps sagging. Not thrilled but nothing else i can do.
I do want to say that i really love the look and design of this piece but at the price point they put this out at it should be much higher quality. Web should have been either a fully sculpted part of the statue or made out of a better material then the plastic that it is made out of.
I think i've decided that Iron Studios is just overpriced for what they put out. I just got the Shazam 1/10 art scale statue from them and it's also very nice but again i think overpriced for what it is. I think for me i'm done with Iron Studios. As nice as i think there products can be, for me they do not live up to the price they are charging.

I do think because they are based in Brazil the price becomes a bigger factor. Not sure though

He shouldn't have to keep pushing that every time to straighten it because of sagging.
I should have been more specific,
I meant to try this once to see if the web-piece would maybe go further into the hole and help fix the problem,
- didn't mean to confuse. (I agree with you Kain - He definitely shouldn't have to keep pushing that every time to straighten it).

I do think because they are based in Brazil the price becomes a bigger factor. Not sure though
I agree, I think you are correct with the whole Brazil / price factor unfortunately.

The web is pushed in as far as it will go in. Before i glued it in i made sure i put it in the hole as far as it would go. Maybe the hole on mine isn't deep enough? I wouldn't be suprised if they messed it up considering the overall way i feel about the quality of this piece. At this point the web is in and isn't coming out unless I was to really try to pull it out. I'll just have to keep straightening it if it keeps sagging. Not thrilled but nothing else i can do.
I do want to say that i really love the look and design of this piece but at the price point they put this out at it should be much higher quality. Web should have been either a fully sculpted part of the statue or made out of a better material then the plastic that it is made out of.
I think i've decided that Iron Studios is just overpriced for what they put out. I just got the Shazam 1/10 art scale statue from them and it's also very nice but again i think overpriced for what it is. I think for me i'm done with Iron Studios. As nice as i think there products can be, for me they do not live up to the price they are charging.

Man that sucks, real sorry that I couldn't help, was hoping that you might be able to get the web-piece to come out of the hole, clean the glue off it and with a bit of gentle persuading get it to go in further into the hole. Bummer.....

Back