Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know you had this! Thoughts? Worth it?

It depends on who you ask on this piece. Very divided. Some people love it and some people hate it. I personally love it. I never had any problems with it because I bought it off of someone who already assembled it and there was no QC issues. The only negative I could say is that the stairs are plastic but make no mistake about it, the statue is a heavy piece. Doc ock arm weighs a ton. I think it's one of the best Spider-Man's out there.

It depends on who you ask on this piece. Very divided. Some people love it and some people hate it. I personally love it. I never had any problems with it because I bought it off of someone who already assembled it and there was no QC issues. The only negative I could say is that the stairs are plastic but make no mistake about it, the statue is a heavy piece. Doc ock arm weighs a ton. I think it's one of the best Spider-Man's out there.

I think the QC concerns and then trying to disassemble it should I ever want to sell scare me a bit. It sounds dumb, but hey.

Didn't know you had this! Thoughts? Worth it?

yes worth it as long as you get a second batch one...most of the issues seemed to be with the first batch and stuff not lining up or huge seams..
Seems that the biggest issue still is with the steps but even if you have to glue them I wouldn't be to concerned about it as it's the last thing you'll ever notice with this piece..lol.

I realize so many want perfection with these pieces and it's obviously achievable with what I've been getting from XM, but still for what you get and the dynamic pose with this piece I think it's more then worth it as there's nothing even close in detail or vision.... YET..

Remember second batch....lol

yes worth it as long as you get a second batch one...most of the issues seemed to be with the first batch and stuff not lining up or huge seams..
Seems that the biggest issue still is with the steps but even if you have to glue them I wouldn't be to concerned about it as it's the last thing you'll ever notice with this piece..lol.

I realize so many want perfection with these pieces and it's obviously achievable with what I've been getting from XM, but still for what you get and the dynamic pose with this piece I think it's more then worth it as there's nothing even close in detail or vision.... YET..

I heard the second batch had issues also. But not as bad as the first lot. If only the second batch was their first it would have probably made people smile a whole lot ore that had damaged ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh I didn't know that. even mine had a couple minor issues. I sometimes wonder how bad some of these issues really are......Like the Wolverines teeth on the Hulk Maquette......God talk about the most over blown issue ever...lol

oh I didn't know that. even mine had a couple minor issues. I sometimes wonder how bad some of these issues really are......Like the Wolverines teeth on the Hulk Maquette......God talk about the most over blown issue ever...lol

I've thought that also. I don't think it's as bad as some have made out. But the main concern for me is stability when assembling dissembling and moving the statue!

sort of like the leaning tower of Batman.....lol. among others...
My spidey webbing has certainly started to sag noticeably with the hear we've been getting lately....lol
Oh well guess I'll get a new one made as that's my only complaint and I can guess the response if even bother to ask SSC about it....lol

Man, I think I may just stay clear of this one. Not judging Iron Studios as a whole tho. The Civil War pieces are crazy good looking. But because XM, Prime and Sideshow I don't NEED this one. It still looking really great tho.

Man, I think I may just stay clear of this one. Not judging Iron Studios as a whole tho. The Civil War pieces are crazy good looking. But because XM, Prime and Sideshow I don't NEED this one. It still looking really great tho.

Yes there's so much to chose from now a days it's crazy.....a crash is coming I still predict

This statue in my newest acquisition. It is extraordinarily, I'm fascinated by so much spider is going thru. I believe it is pure art and I wish more statues like this existed. So much can be achieved when you dont fear, hats off IS, I feel privileged.

This statue in my newest acquisition. It is extraordinarily, I'm fascinated by so much spider is going thru. I believe it is pure art and I wish more statues like this existed. So much can be achieved when you dont fear, hats off IS, I feel privileged.

From a concept point this is flawless. Execution wise it was a mixed bag which is a real shame. Had it not had all these issues this would have easily been a grail for sure! Congrats if you got this with zero issues

So I have another issue with this statue. The doc oc arm is slipping down a little.
Here is what it looked like originally
IMG_20170703_233718 by zuko1312, on Flickr

Here is what it now looks like

IMG_20170814_000719 by zuko1312, on Flickr

The arm has definitely moved and is now almost sitting on the O from the oscorp sign. I've tried re-adjusting it but it doesn't stay. Hopefully it doesn't sag any more.
Just really dissapointed in this as i really like this statue a lot and want to love it but I'm worried that it is going to fall apart over time.
I can't even think about selling it because i wouldn't want to sell it to someone with the issues i think it has and even if someone wanted it knowing the issues i think there is no way i could ever pack it up to ship without brreaking something on it. Same thing if I contact sideshow or iron studies directly. Even if they by some they chance agreed to do anything for me at this point i know there is no way i could ever pack this thing back up and ship it without damaging it.
The thing is i still really love the look of this statue and if it holds up i'd be happy but i am not confident it will hold up over time.

That is why I ultimately passed on this. I don't see this piece holding up over time. Love how dynamic it is, but it is just not made well enough from a materials standpoint. Sorry to see it is degrading faster than I thought possible. Perhaps too ambitious?

It displays really nicely on a top shelf. It kinda asks for air/height. Damn, everything else looks boring now :)

That is why I ultimately passed on this. I don't see this piece holding up over time. Love how dynamic it is, but it is just not made well enough from a materials standpoint. Sorry to see it is degrading faster than I thought possible. Perhaps too ambitious?

That's what I was worried about as well.

Ugh. I don't like seeing things like this pop up. Visually, this piece is amazing.

So the issue i was having with the web he is shooting sagging just kept getting worse. It just looked terrible with it really sagging so much. But i was willing to live with it but then I started to notice the whole statue starting to lean also. After a few days it was really noticeable and the whole statue just became unstable. I barely touched it and it just fell over. I caught it and no damage was really done but it is totally unstable now and will not stand on it's own without falling. I knew from the moment i opened the box and started to put this thing together that it was going to fall apart but hoped i was wrong. Sadly i was not wrong.
I have no idea what i am going to do with this thing now. Probably just throw it into my storage unit and write it off as a loss and a lesson to listen to other people's reviews. There was a bunch of people saying this statue was fantastic in theory but in execution it was terrible. I should have listened and cancelled my order. It's just a shame for a $700 statue to have such problems.
I just know i am done with Iron Studios. I know others say the other stuff they put out is good but after feeling like i threw away over $700 i just could never bring myself to give them business again. This is the only thing in my entire collection that i regret buying.

Sorry to hear.

That's a terrible feeling when knowing that spending money on this statue is equivalent to throwing 700$ in a trash can and never seeing it again.

Back