Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see Weapon X completed. I've loved their DC comic statues but I don't collect DC.

Man, shocker ... I had a wait list on this piece since Sept 16, 2016 and it converted ... Now I do not know what to do :(. I had this day 1 pre-order ... almost paid off then it got recalled and I was refunded in full. It is from SS, but I do not know what to think with this piece. Any advice/thoughts on this ... I know it has been plagued with issues.

That is a hard question: I guess you have to do what you think is the best thing to do. (nobody can make that decision for you).
The piece is brilliant but you are correct that there have been many issues unfortunately.

I think it is worth the risk to order and if you are not happy return it, but I understand that it is a lot of stuffing around with returning it, etc.
Your username tells me that you are a fan of the web slinger, so I guess it comes down to how much the piece calls to you.

Man, shocker ... I had a wait list on this piece since Sept 16, 2016 and it converted ... Now I do not know what to do :(. I had this day 1 pre-order ... almost paid off then it got recalled and I was refunded in full. It is from SS, but I do not know what to think with this piece. Any advice/thoughts on this ... I know it has been plagued with issues.
I think you'd be okay getting it.

My problem was that I did not get sold one from the new batch. I got one they had sitting in the warehouse (as a SS customer service person told me over live chat) when it arrived it had clearly already been assembled by someone else, beaten up and had the pumpkin bomb broken off. I was told that all of the old batch was destroyed and then they said something about human error. They later insisted that mine was from the latest shipment even though mine was dispatched before they had received it. Now they have 'no replacements'
That's why I'm cranky. I'm not the kind of customer who returns everything either. One replacement ever: the dodgy IM bust and that was for see through paint, not the upside down reactor.

Yours should genuinely be new batch. From what I've seen and heard the new ones are really good. This is a really great piece when it works.

That is a hard question: I guess you have to do what you think is the best thing to do. (nobody can make that decision for you).
The piece is brilliant but you are correct that there have been many issues unfortunately.

I think it is worth the risk to order and if you are not happy return it, but I understand that it is a lot of stuffing around with returning it, etc.
Your username tells me that you are a fan of the web slinger, so I guess it comes down to how much the piece calls to you.

Hahaha, the username gives it away much :hi5:

I just contacted sideshow and they did confirm this:

"I am happy to confirm that Iron Studios has remade all pieces and Sideshow will be inspecting every piece thoroughly before shipping them. We currently have this piece at our warehouse, so your order will ship out immediately after conversion."

I will have to cancel my wait list sadly because they can not do a flex plan on this item though. I have way to much coming out this month and next so I have to pass on this :gah:

I'll reiterate that I was one of the first to get a remanufactured statue, and it was near perfect.

Yes. I've been holding out on this since Sept 2016. I think it's the best looking statue of Spidey and would regret not getting it.

I would still get this to, however so many new items have come out since this. I already own 4 different Spider-Man statues ... so I am actually going with Groot and Rocket over this piece.

Mine converted and was charged. So I'll reply back here with the state/quality when I get it.

Mine converted and was charged. So I'll reply back here with the state/quality when I get it.

Congrats man! Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Has there been any videos on the recall pieces yet? I know they changed the connectors for the base. But was other stuff changed too.

I still love this one! I just hate the idea of something potentially breaking! But will still have an open mind considering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Did you want me to take pictures or video of something specific? I'll do it just let me know.

Thanks. Did you want me to take pictures or video of something specific? I'll do it just let me know.

Yeah just the connectors on the base as that was my real concerns with this piece. I.e. Moving the piece around and something snaps off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll put my two cents in on this piece for whatever it's worth.

I fell in love with it when I saw what Iron Studios was doing. I had noticed Iron Studios when I saw their original Avengers Diorama. When Iron Man came out there were alot of complaints to the QA/QC aspect. However Iron Studios showed tremendous ambition at a time when things were somewhat stagnant in the statue game. XM was new to the game as well. What Iron Studios was struggling with was the larger statues but some of their smaller stuff was damn near flawless *ie Magneto*. So when this Spidey was first teased it was revolutionary. I bought in and patiently waited once Sideshow got the rights.

The concept was brilliant. It was beautiful and it had the potential to blow the doors of any Spider-Man piece and, to be be honest, any 1/4th piece statue I had ever seen. It was a diorama of sorts. Of course, many people had their opinion on the pose, the fact it looked "too busy". Some said Spidey had metal killing his balls which was an epic fail. Arm Chair comments at best and investors of the new Sideshow Spidey and old Sideshow Spideys scared of their status would lose stock at worst. Again, I'm stating my own opinion, albeit an honest look at a time when statues were more of an investment being lost.

When the statue came, I was excited. While putting it together very carefully and slowly, pieces didn't fit. When they did fit, the pieces snapped. Mainly the secondary pieces around the base. The seams on the Spidey itself were shotty if you looked at them closely. Despite that, as an entire piece. It was phenomenal. However, the customer service on the replacement parts like the staircase were non existent. And the one critique of a statue is that if you pay the high price you should receive the same amount of excellent QA/QC XM brings to their pieces. So, ultimately I realized the piece would not be fixed unless reimbursed. I had a difficult decision ahead of me. I either needed to live with what I had or destroy the piece. Had they been able to provide me a proper staircase, Oscorp sign and goblin bombs that were like paper... I would have been OK with the seams. But as it stood, despite the fact I dont buy statues to invest in them, if an emergency happens and I need to sell something I at least want to have something I can sell that is intact and just like I bought it.

Ultimately Sideshow somewhow made an EX Spidey PFF available to me within the same time they stopped distributing the Iron Studios Spidey so I smashed it and got my reimbursement. It was a sad moment for me.

If they have made this statue with more durable accurate pieces that do not break or snap on a whim then it is worth it if you are a Spidey fan. It is beautiful, it pushes the bar, and it is a talking piece in a collection among numerous collectibles. I feel like I bought a Note 7 or a first generation video console that burned up because I didnt wait for the second generation. Which kind of sucks but it is what it is.

I think Iron Studios has a ton of potential.

Back