Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't stand the seams. It's one of the main reasons why I will not buy a figure (unless it's hidden well).

I don't like the seam on Spidey's neck. :(

This is an amazing piece, however, and as a whole looks very good.
From what I am seeing I can live with it but since it comes as one piece I am surprised at so many seams in the piece

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have currently have 5 Iron Studio pieces (including 2 1/6 pieces) and it seems all but one (maybe 2) of them had their bodies casted in multiple pieces and then assembled.

Not that this is a knock on them as I believe other studios do the same. Though in the ones that I know of, they had mixed media to cover the seams.

I finally put mine together a few hrs ago. Currently editing video.
This thing is magnificent. If you've been sitting on the fence on this one....definitely get it.

I finally put mine together a few hrs ago. Currently editing video.
This thing is magnificent. If you've been sitting on the fence on this one....definitely get it.
Looking forward to the video, everything I have seen even the issues still makes me think this is the best spiderman piece to date

I was really hoping that the in hand pictures would blow me away and drive me over to order it, but with so many pieces from SS and XM coming out I might have to pass on this. Those seams are pretty bad and if this were a SS piece the complaints would be endless. I think my expectations were pretty high, I do own the IS Iron Man and Captain America and they knocked it out of the park with those two.

Anyways! Congrats to all that got it! It does look great overall.

As everyone has said, the seams aren't bad. You're basically looking at it through a magnifying glass when judging by those pictures.

In general, I think a lot of people are convincing themselves to be glad not ordering, which everybody does to an extent in life. It just seems statue collectors are especially guilty of it.

As everyone has said, the seams aren't bad. You're basically looking at it through a magnifying glass when judging by those pictures.

In general, I think a lot of people are convincing themselves to be glad not ordering, which everybody does to an extent in life. It just seems statue collectors are especially guilty of it.
True I can understand at 750 this piece may be out of some peoples reach. Though for size and complexity it's a fair price in my opinion

I think it's an outstanding piece and concept and it started growing on me. The in hand pictures just didn't wow me as much as I thought it would. Even though the macro shots amplify the severity of the seams I think just knowing it looks like that would bother me. And it looks like you don't have to be that close to see it.

I still think it's great, but if I received that I wouldn't be that happy about it.

guys i received mine. i need your help!! while i did love the statue, loved the pose the texture on the suit the base the colors. everything on it its a winner for me i actually think that this is the best spiderman statue that i have ever seen and thats counting the new sideshow one that i owe. my problem is that the seams on mine looks way off and visible, specially on his right lower foot. i am wrong here? should i return this because of that or i am being picky ?

I got mine in yesterday, and it's going back as soon as I can get a response from Sideshow. The seams on the one I got really were pronounced, the paint on his webs was incredibly sloppy, but the reason I'm returning it is Ock's tentacle. On mine, they absolutely would not connect tightly, so the whole assembly wobbled like crazy.

I will say the Spider-Man sculpt is amazing, even if the assembly (seams) and paint on mine sucked. It's beautiful.

I got mine in yesterday, and it's going back as soon as I can get a response from Sideshow. The seams on the one I got really were pronounced, the paint on his webs was incredibly sloppy, but the reason I'm returning it is Ock's tentacle. On mine, they absolutely would not connect tightly, so the whole assembly wobbled like crazy.

I will say the Spider-Man sculpt is amazing, even if the assembly (seams) and paint on mine sucked. It's beautiful.

The spidey is really cool, I agree. But this McDonalds toy just isn't worth the money. Going back, and I'm hearing that sideshow have had a hell of a lot of complaints.

The spidey is really cool, I agree. But this McDonalds toy just isn't worth the money. Going back, and I'm hearing that sideshow have had a hell of a lot of complaints.

Now that's just being plan mean..... though I can and do understand peoples complaints on this. Heck I think my post may have started it on this thread with my macro shots.

guys i received mine. i need your help!! while i did love the statue, loved the pose the texture on the suit the base the colors. everything on it its a winner for me i actually think that this is the best spiderman statue that i have ever seen and thats counting the new sideshow one that i owe. my problem is that the seams on mine looks way off and visible, specially on his right lower foot. i am wrong here? should i return this because of that or i am being picky ?

Hmm... I can't tell by your video how bad yours is on the right leg. But out of the one macro pic of the seams I forgot to take (posted a couple pages back), it looks like the right leg on mine is in fact worse than the others. :doh

Worse in that I can see a slight blue gap under directed 'torchlight' between the red and the blue, and I'm not talking about the 'red grooves' that most are complaining about which I now believe are intentional (at least on the arms and legs) and are I believe more or less by design.

As from that gap I'm guessing that the piece will only slot into the body so far, as it appears that the way the lower arms and lower legs are attached are via a male connector on the main body (blue) which slots into the female connector of the lower arms and legs. So I'm thinking as long as the seams/grooves are in red it's probably gone in as far as it can go. But if your seeing a lower blue groove (which would be the male connector) then there may be an issue....

Mine i got it on friday and i was going to put it together today...i did everything and yes theres no balance on it...w after i got comfortable with the no balance stuff...i decided to put spiderman in..it wont go in...it goes into the peg like 3mm...and then it stops...tried so many ways and still wont go in...no for trying to many times a small piece chipped...

20160903_180624.jpg
[/URL]

Lol I had the same issue including the chipped off part.
Insert him as far as he will go and slightly lean him downwards and then it will slide in automatically (the curved section next to the peg should hug his inner thigh.)

Lol I had the same issue including the chipped off part.
Insert him as far as he will go and slightly lean him downwards and then it will slide in automatically (the curved section next to the peg should hug his inner thigh.)

Ditto on the chip as well. Heck that could've been a pic of mine before I glued and touched up the paint.

Can you confirm with a pic on how low on the base peg you get yours to? As I posted a couple of pages back I have about 2-3mm of space.

I believe the front curved section is touching a tad on mine, but from the side and back I see a space.

Thanks man...i was able to pur it jn (thats what she said). ..anyways...i even measure it to later on look for something to display it

Back