Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Live it up while you can Spidey fan b/c before you know it you'll be left begging for any company to visit him again. :lol

Oh I'm definitely living it up. I'll have more than enough I won't be begging for any revisits... I have the old Comiquette which is my favorite statue so I never was begging for any revisits even though I was excited to see some revisits.

I'll have a lot of these Spideys before the next Spidey dry spell. Aside from the old Comiquette I have Iron Spidey and JSC, too. The new PF is on PO. Lined up for Sosa and the XM dio. Can't imagine skipping the XM solo and I plan to PO the PF Symbiote Variant. Not sure about this Iron Studios but I like what I see so far.

But when you look at things again, you see what you didn't see before.

The Deodato art is dynamic (and appropriate reference since he actual was a lead artist on "Amazing Spider-Man" for a while) but the sculpt has his leg on his back. Seems a bit more twisted than the artwork. But I'll wait for a full reveal. I like the mixed media so far.

11406120_997138323631236_4916813872519311947_o.jpg

11412169_997210096957392_7000187725130343051_n.jpg

Also, I know we're working with a translation but still, this was amusing:

From their Facebook (translated):

The Iron Studios, biggest Brazilian company of Collectibles Graduates, proudly presents the preview of The Newest Legacy Reflica 1:4 With The Spider-man. The concept and the basis of creation brings a single model and dynamic of the character will get you through the window of oscorp at the exact moment that is attacked by two of their main enemies, Elf Green and Baron Octavius. Full of details, the play was created so that the collector can appreciate it from all angles. Check out a preview in the picture attached.

when you look at things again, you see what you didn't see before.

The Deodato art is dynamic (and appropriate reference since he actual was a lead artist on "Amazing Spider-Man" for a while) but the sculpt has his leg on his back. Seems a bit more twisted than the artwork.

Personally I think it's a very risky pose and that it will be hard to pull it off. This has the potential of looking ridiculous. It might not translate as well in statue form as it does in the drawing. I'm very curious to see it the whole thing and from different angles. I have faith in these guys though. They have done great work so far and the quality of their 1/10 line is impressive, considering the size of the canvas they got work on.

with shipping, I'd bet this will cost at least $200 more total over the SS pf. It seems SS has cut out everyone else from distributing to the US directly with Marvel and DC. It's a shame.

with shipping, I'd bet this will cost at least $200 more total over the SS pf. It seems SS has cut out everyone else from distributing to the US directly with Marvel and DC. It's a shame.

I bet they paid a VERY heft penny to have the rights like that. It is the way of the business world.

I like the SS one better than this. :)

I do to so far.... I haven't been quite able to figure out the base on this one... It looks like he is braking a chimney with his butt.

The Deodato art is dynamic (and appropriate reference since he actual was a lead artist on "Amazing Spider-Man" for a while) but the sculpt has his leg on his back. Seems a bit more twisted than the artwork. But I'll wait for a full reveal. I like the mixed media so far.
It's not mixed media, it's fully sculpted just like their Cap 1/4. Iron Studios doesn't use mixed media for their 1/4 statues. The sculpt is so good though that it looks like MM indeed.

Since there not many 1/4 Spiderman figures.. I'll take a XM and a SSC if possible.. I wouldn't mind a SSC PF of the last Spiderman from the Movies.. a nice PF of that would be great...

It's not mixed media, it's fully sculpted just like their Cap 1/4. Iron Studios doesn't use mixed media for their 1/4 statues. The sculpt is so good though that it looks like MM indeed.

Idk man, that sure looks like mm to me. Check it out on a hi res tablet and blow it up, then let us know what you think. Theres a first time for everything.

Check out their Captain America 1/4 piece and you'll see that this is not mixed media and fully sculpted just like that one is.

They get incredible texture on their sculpt. I'm assuming it's digitally done for that.

Hmmmm...looks like it could be really amazing. Generally haven't been a fan of bases with parts of villains sticking out like Otto's arm always looked disjointed to me. If they can pull it off though I'll have to give it a serious thought against sideshows version.

Check out their Captain America 1/4 piece and you'll see that this is not mixed media and fully sculpted just like that one is.

They get incredible texture on their sculpt. I'm assuming it's digitally done for that.

You'd be surprised what can be done for textures even by hand. It's just the willingness and patience to do it.

I like this and will be looking forward to seeing more of it. Does anyone have any info on the sosa 1/4 spidey?

Back