Iron Studios - 1:4 movie Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winter Soldier is, at least for me, still the best Marvel movie to date. And we have so few, good statues from it... Sucks. Big time.
Couldn't agree more. That movie's just brilliant and I never really got why we didn't get more for it. :( They could still do it, I guess but I'm probably just grasping at straws here ... ;__;

Hrm... It's up for PO. I'm not running to the shopping cart as quickly as the other three. I don't want a lopsided team though :/

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well, I like him and I'll most likely preorder. :) He'll look amazing next to Cap (and Falcon, for those who got the money and space). :D

I just need to collect some cash before I preorder. ^^

I'm warming up to him. I think alone, the minor issues with the likeness are bothering me, but he won't be alone. In the group I'm sure he'll look amazing :D

So I'm curious...has anyone here ever done a custom base for a 1/4 statue? Or know of anyone who does?

I THINK - not positive though - Bucky might fit in a Besta or Stuva cube with another Iron Studios piece if he had a much smaller/shorter base...

I dunno. Just can't make up my mind about this piece. But if I do get him, that base has to change.

So I'm curious...has anyone here ever done a custom base for a 1/4 statue? Or know of anyone who does?

I THINK - not positive though - Bucky might fit in a Besta or Stuva cube with another Iron Studios piece if he had a much smaller/shorter base...

I dunno. Just can't make up my mind about this piece. But if I do get him, that base has to change.
I've never made one but it shouldn't be that hard. You could use softer stones and drill holes in it to fit the pegs or make something out of putty. Best thing would be to look at garage kits, people who build them have some amazing ideas and can definitely give you some directions. I'll probably make a custom base myself. :)

I preordered him now at a local shop. Ultimately, I think think that's the best idea seeing how many issues the IS Spider-Man has. If the CW statues turn out like this as well, I can still cancel easily. Although, of course I hope they'll be fine.

I would only buy this if I could find someone to make me a new base that isn't so monstrously huge. I don't think I could do it myself as I have no tools and I'm probably not creative enough. :( If I can find someone I'll buy even though his hair kinda looks like noodles. LOL.

Since they've gone back and forth between the two sides, I think Iron Man will be next (with Cap and Ant-Man finishing it off).

After hearing about all the issues with the Iron Studios Spider-Man, I hope their Civil War statues have better quality control.....

After hearing about all the issues with the Iron Studios Spider-Man, I hope their Civil War statues have better quality control.....
Seriously, I'm so glad I preordered him with a local shop now instead of going with Sideshow. Like this I can now at least wait till he's released and people post reviews before he's even available over here and if he has quality issues like Spidey, I'll just cancel. :( No way I'm spending ~800€ on a statue that has so many flaws ...

Back