Iron Studios - 1:4 movie Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on the fence about this but the more I look at the group shots, the more I want WS and Cap. I'd love to get Falcon too but he's just too expensive. I mean, come one! THAT'S an amazing display!

IMO it is. Love at least the proto paint seems to capture a luminousity? aliveness? in the eyes. Love the mind-boggling detail when you zoom in on store proto shots. And the way the eye travels from WS to Falcon and then down to Cap w. Falcon wings kind of framing the whole thing. Love the "energy" of the pieces. :clap

LOL I REALLY fell off the fence w. these:lol. Now I can't NOT have them:panic:. Guess that's a good thing, to change your mind for the positive, because these will be with me for a good while. Except that last Instagram thought has me freaking (no pun intended) over Falcon too. I think I NEED him - oh, gawd $$$$$:slap:panic::banghead:drink

But WS was already PO'd. Cap ordered (w. *sad* $20 coupon).:cool:

trio.jpg

I think these 6 will make for a great display on their own. No more is needed. They speak for themselves.

I think these 6 will make for a great display on their own. No more is needed. They speak for themselves.

True. And who knows what else IS has planned - Guardians, Thor, Infinity War characters...like maybe a Scarlet Witch coming into her full powers, or BW being even MORE badass....

IM_trio_iron_studios.jpg

falcon_pic.jpg

iron_studios_ant_man.jpg

But my collection will never be complete without the ULTIMATE fig!!!:monkey3

Nerd_action.jpg

:lol

:lol You can't live without the ultimate fig. :lol :rock

And yeah, a Guardians collection would be insane!!!!

OK, out of the 6 dio figs this is my most-wanted, and even w. CCXP 2016 it's been real hard trying to get a look at the portrait on Bucky (aside from the online store ad shots - very nice, but not "real"). Hope some better in-hand ones come up, but...

Huge kudos to Radsack Prime who has quick, but excellent vids of CCXP 2016 dios up of Team Cap and Team IM:clap. Taken through glass, but awesome.

Check out radsack.prime on insta:
https://www.instagram.com/radsack.prime/
and Pictaram etc.

https://www.pictaram.com/user/radsack.prime/1698540294/1405300882844788206_1698540294

Vid cap (yeah! Finally a look at the face, which wasn't easy thanks to the yellow spotlight IS used in the display:slap)

Winter_soldier_screencap.jpg

Far as I can tell, THIS. IS. A. GORGEOUS. FIG. :love (So is his best friend. And Falcon.:clap) Re few pics and vids, IS *seems* to be knocking it out of the park w. the CW diorama. Now if I can get a Bucky that's problem free (e.g. googly eyes) and a Cap that's problem-free (ditto on the eyes). :horror

Edit: FINALLY. FINALLY a *hero* in Brazil who put up a great vid of all of the IS 2017 stuff - better than anything on IS' page. Finally.:clap:clap:clap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y1v0YWDtq0
Lançamentos 1/10 e 1/4 Iron Studios para 2017

Couple of portrait captures. For all I know, these are the same proto figs used for the studio artwork re online stores....

Winter_Soldier_Iron_Studios_Civil_War2.jpg

Winter_Soldier_Iron_Studios_Civil_War1.jpg

Captain_America_Iron_Studios_Civil_War.jpg

Can't wait to get these guys - beautiful:clap:love and I won't talk about how Iron Studios couldn't be bothered to put up a nice vid like this or even good pictures:monkey3...or why Bucky really was given greenish eyes but that's a minor thing (and to be fair, Seb's eyes do look greenish in some of the movie scenes):cool:

E-mail from SSC today - payment pushed back a month...

However, delays do occur periodically in production or transport schedules that require us to alter your original payment plan.

So much for having Bucky in February like I thought.:(

*Grins* there is that. And anyway, if it means in the long run we'll get stellar pieces w. great QC, am happy to wait - esp. w. full portraits.

Yes I'd rather a company not rush a piece. Look at SS's BvS Batman PF. The body and base is great. The portrait is meh. All because they rushed it.

Yes I'd rather a company not rush a piece. Look at SS's BvS Batman PF. The body and base is great. The portrait is meh. All because they rushed it.

I know I wouldn't be too happy w. Bucky or IM portrait, faced w. a return or a repaint (by a pro). Not after a long wait and the price. But Falcon under goggles looks great, paint on BP and Falcon pics looks amazing - that's what I want for WS and War Machine - guess those are supposed to be out next.

And, maniageek via YT commented that IS will be? expected to be? at SDCC. So imagine the showpiece 1/4s like Darth Vader, CW, Wolverine production needs to be in good shape. I know if I were at SDCC I'd be wanting to talk to the IS folks!

Given how awesome IS is with likeness, I'm really hoping they do a Scarlet Witch and Thor soon.... Those two would complete my Avengers collection...

Agree on the Scarlet Witch and Black Widow. I have the Sideshow Thor Dark World and while it isn't perfect, I think the likeness is close enough.

It is looking good. It is on my "right on the cusp of ordering" list.

As a side note, would love Iron Studios to do a movie Dr. Strange as well.

Trash Cat, many thanks for posting that! :):clap!!! Been looking for more WS 1/4 pics, ESPECIALLY the face - which IMO is critical w. any full portrait. But hadn't found ANYTHING and from the looks of it, they've done a mind-blowing job w. the eyes. E.g., they remind me of the best glass eyes - I'd thought they looked luminous before, in the few pics I'd seen.

Congrats on the order:clap!:) Yeah, I've come a LONG way from my early Bucky 1/4 quibbles LOL:cuckoo:. Even the hair, 'coz it finally occurred to me re the sculptor that in his part of the world, w. an ocean nearby, that hair DOES get knotted up and "piece-y" and "beachy" and windblown - kind of clumped together. At least, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe it's true!:cool:

Just hope for 1) no google eyes:horror - perfect eyes; and 2) well, something as good as my new Black Panther. Yeah, all of this COSTS:horror. But, for me, as cast-packed as Infinity Wars seems to be, it was my last chance to get a representation of my favorites looking just this way. I mean, Cap in theory is no longer Cap, I can see with everything going to **** a whole storyline of Falcon struggling to maintain his wings (since Tony isn't around); Bucky may look different being tended in Wakanda; and these are pieces from a tremendous film.

At least, if WS and the rest have BP's quality (even w. my *flaw*) consider it worth the money. LOL maybe I am too new at buying 1/4 to know:dunno, but was thinking IS can make you crazy - not many "real" pictures, delays, not easy for me to reach, expensive, but if you hang in there you may end up owning something spectacular.:thud:

Edit:
IS_vidcap_civilwar2_polystone1_4.jpg

Looks like the concept store in Brazil finally turned the diorama around so folks can get pics (facing front). But their new FB vid still is low res and "may cause motion sickness" LOL

https://www.facebook.com/ironstudios/https://www.facebook.com/ironstudios/

Last edited:
Given how awesome IS is with likeness, I'm really hoping they do a Scarlet Witch and Thor soon.... Those two would complete my Avengers collection...

I believe they will. Black Widow as well. As complex as IS dioramas and scenes seem to be, imagine the conversations with the artists have already started. (Whatever problems Spidey had, that design didn't happen overnight!)

And the dreaded payment delay e-mail just arrived. *&^%$#!

However, delays do occur periodically in production or transport schedules that require us to alter your original payment plan.

:(:mad:

*Sourly* guess I won't worry about paying for Cap, 'coz he probably won't be out until the end of the year.:pigfly:

oh damnit ... so they pushed him to when? April?

Yeah, April, seems like. SO FAR Cap is listed as May-July - just thought originally Bucky was on schedule and would be shipping by March - this is my second delay - and they'd want all of these shipped except Iron Man, maybe before SDCC in July.

Also, it's better when releases are staggered, am waiting on Falcon, if I start getting slammed all at the same time $$$$. Suppose it's better they get WS and Cap right, I guess - who knows why there's another delay:dunno. Haven't looked at the old threads to see if this was the same kind of thing for Ultron Cap and IM.:monkey2
-----------
Another edit - well, no way I was gonna sit around waiting for my Sideshow WS PO:devil - rolled the dice again w. PopCultcha as they have Bucky:drool already (seem to have just gotten a truckload of IS stuff including the 1/10s) and this - my most-wanted piece:drool - is on its way:panic:. Feels kind of surreal 'coz been staring at the Falcon/Bucky figs for so long in pictures! Just crossing my fingers:pray::pray::pray:! Then more crossing my fingers re Sideshow - I hate dealing w. returns. So far so good tho.:panic: Then I hope the bank account can start to recover.:monkey3

(And I can start getting some sort of display case together - originally I was going to put these figures on some tall bookshelves I have - Falcon looks great if you are looking up at him - but the space is off by a few inches, and then I got too nervous having these figures up that high. Besides, the details on these are too great not to be able to look at them).

IS_teamCap.jpg

IS_winter-soldier_conceptstore.jpg

IS_wintersoldier_face.jpg

Last edited:
Back