Iron Studios - 1:4 movie Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's second on my list. Wish they kept that final look from AoU, the brown hair really popped for her. She's quite underappreciated.
I don't even know why! She's gorgeous and Lizzie is too. I'd take Wanda over BW any day of the week.

Anyway, I hope they show Cap next and he's looking awesome next to WS ... I mean, I bet the trio will look stunning but I just can't justify spending almost 1,000€ on Falcon. T_T

I don't even know why! She's gorgeous and Lizzie is too. I'd take Wanda over BW any day of the week.

Anyway, I hope they show Cap next and he's looking awesome next to WS ... I mean, I bet the trio will look stunning but I just can't justify spending almost 1,000€ on Falcon. T_T

They seem to be alternating between members of Team Iron-Man and Team Cap. So I believe the Mark 46 should be next.

Hmm. Never thought of that custom base idea.... I would probably need to buy/commission one, since I'm not very handy myself! LOL.

And yeah, unfortunately I would need it to fit in ONE Besta cube, due to space limitations.

I wish they'd show IM and Cap too already. I really need to know the dimensions of Cap and Buck posed together ... I mean Buck is like 30 deep and Cap should attach to the front and a bit to the side ... T_T now my desk only allows for 30 ... great ... literally the only place I could display it and it's not deep enough ....

Oddly enough this is already up for preorder at Popcultcha (Australia), before it's even available over at Sideshow.

Oddly enough this is already up for preorder at Popcultcha (Australia), before it's even available over at Sideshow.
Oh wow, that was fast!

Just a quick question, for people outside the US, is it cheaper to get statues like this locally or from SS? I'm still undecided as to where to get this baby. ^^

If you don't care about possible exclusives it's usually cheaper to get them locally.

But that's not always the case, like it was for me with regards to the Iron Studios Spider-Man.

If you don't care about possible exclusives it's usually cheaper to get them locally.

But that's not always the case, like it was for me with regards to the Iron Studios Spider-Man.
I just wonder, when you get them locally and they arrive broken, it's probably harder to get a replacement, right? As they most likely ain't got that much stock. Is SS usually good with replacements? They told me it was no problem at all but what a shop says and what is actually true are sometimes two different things. ^^

It all depends. As long as your retailer is a direct authorised dealer of Sideshow it should be okay. Just might take a bit longer.

And SS can have as many stock issues as anyone else.

If you check out some of the other threads you will read sometimes that within days / weeks that SS don't have any better pieces or any replacement parts available.

Oh wow, that was fast!

Just a quick question, for people outside the US, is it cheaper to get statues like this locally or from SS? I'm still undecided as to where to get this baby. ^^

The think I like with SS is the payment plans. To me its easier to pay $60 bucks, $100 bucks whatever a month than the total in one lump sum. But I am in the US so it might be a little different for you.

If you know how to budget, I've never really seen the benefits of payment plans. At the end of the day you pay the same.

Heck with payment plans you've lost potential interest income. Probably only cents.....but still ( :cuckoo: )

Well, I'll try and make up my mind and hopefully I've found a solution until Cap is shown. :)

The more I look at Buck here, the more I like how IS handled him. I mean, he does look fantastic! Do I prefer a statue of him from TWS? Yes, definitely but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate this sculpt here.

I really think not getting this Buck won't be an option so I'm already measuring my furniture and trying to decide which figures to sell. XD

I just wish I could get Falcon too ... the 4 of them would look so gorgeous together but I don't think I can afford that. :(

I'm the opposite. The more I look at him, the more I dislike the statue.

Was his metal arm that bulky in the movies? I guess I just don't remember...

I'm the opposite. The more I look at him, the more I dislike the statue.

Was his metal arm that bulky in the movies? I guess I just don't remember...
Actually it was, yeah. ^^

ca3-9.jpg

Not a flattering photo of him. LOL.
^^'' nope, definitely not. But that's why I'm saying, it's not really that IS made him too ... bulky ... ^^'''' they actually did a great job in making it look good. I really dunno who decided to give him that vest but I think that person should be fired. It just adds more 'puff' and doesn't really look cool ... as Sebby said, it's like a ski jacket and they just ripped one sleeve off. XD

Oh yeah, agreed. It seems to be an accurate statue. I just....eh. The combination of the size (I would need a new base made) and his (accurate) puffy look just... Do I wanna spend over $600 on this? Right now, I'm thinking no, which is a major bummer. I need another IS piece to go with my Ultron Cap.

Oh yeah, agreed. It seems to be an accurate statue. I just....eh. The combination of the size (I would need a new base made) and his (accurate) puffy look just... Do I wanna spend over $600 on this? Right now, I'm thinking no, which is a major bummer. I need another IS piece to go with my Ultron Cap.
Yeah, I hear ya. This could have been tons better if it had been Buck from TWS instead ... they could have made a smashed in car the base and have the Winter Soldier on top of it doing the murder strut .... DAMN! That would have been a sight to behold ... well, a girl can dream, right?

Anyway, for me this is 800€ ... so I'm thinking really hard on it. Ultimately though, I think I'll get it coz I love the character and I'm sure Cap will look gorgeous. Also, if you look at Buck and Sam side by side, I don't think Buck's legs are that much thicker, it's really just that horrible jacket imo and the sideview of the head sculpt that seems a bit too much, other than that, I think it looks nice.

Winter Soldier is, at least for me, still the best Marvel movie to date. And we have so few, good statues from it... Sucks. Big time.

Back