Iron Studios - 1:4 movie Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted in the interest section to see if anyone was interested in custom head sculpt for this statue with the mask and goggles. So far only a few views but I thought people that were actually interested may not see it there so I thought I would drop a link to it here.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/interest-threads/183144-iron-studios-winter-soldier-1-4-custom-head-sculpt.html

I don't have this statue but would potentially seek it out if this alternate head sculpt was an option.

WS listed as almost sold out at SSC.:horror

Just glad I have my two Buckys - beautiful fig:love. Well, all of them are. But pulling off a full sculpt always impresses me plus this fig has everything that IMO made this dio great - texture, pose, paint. And he's my favorite MCU character so couldn't be happier except for getting an IS TWS Bucky...

Sort of getting my display finally done - it's kinda cramped 'coz I shoved BP in there too - but it's like having my own 3-D Team Cap + 1 splash panel.

Except for SW. I'm gonna guess tho if she is ever done, with possible fire effects, she'll need her own cabinet (like some of the Phoenix polys):dunno.

As much as i like this statue, i am not big enough of a fan of either the winter soldier or Sabastian Stan to spend this much on it. Iron man and Cap are enough for me, if they make widow or spiderman i'd buy those. I have Cap and plan on buying Iron Man if i dont buy SSC's new iron man PF that hasn't gone up for PO yet.

I'm kinda surprised it hasn't sold out by now. I looked at Iron Studios site and they've doubled their price on Cap.

Well, predicting sales is tough - WS may be my fav but overall WS can't match Captain America or Ironman in overall popularity (even tho he's popular as characters go). He was low stock at SSC and then not. Plus the edition sizes are different. Maybe some folks got Cap and then saw the quality and are now going for a companion piece while they can? Me - I did that in reverse ordering Cap after Bucky:cool:

The one that surprises me if there are any Falcons left at Popcultcha. Haven't checked lately but Falcon is so impressive.

But yeah - rising prices for this dio. I've even seen a pic of WS priced at around $1000 in some shop???. All I know is looking at "the guys" and even across a room just so stunning. IS has really ruined me and turned me into a "poly statue snob":lol as all statues should be this good.

Edit: And....Bucky is waitlisted at SSC. Long gone at Popcultcha. Glad I have my guys 'coz looks like the exchange rates? re Europe and Australia are not as nice as they had been I guess. Don't usually track that stuff. Ebay prices are up$$$:horror Maybe there are places in Europe you could still get him retail.:dunno

Meanwhile, some cell pics of my work-in-progress cabinet...getting there. Still tinkering with the lights tho am actually liking the Costco puck lights for now. I wanted sort of a bluish light effect - more or less. Not really really bright. 'Coz it's Civil War! Lots of shadows. Even taking cells pics ithese figs are *freakily good*. Incredible. Worth every penny and all the *angst*.

Iron_Studios_quarterscale_CW_figs.jpg

Iron_Studios_quarterscale_CW_figs2.jpg

Iron_studios_CW_wintersoldier_falcon_quarterscale.jpg

Iron_studios_CW_CaptainAmerica_Black_panther.jpg

Iron_studios_CW_Falcon_Blackpanther.jpg

SO totally BADASS. Thanks Iron Studios!:clap

Last edited:
As much as i like this statue, i am not big enough of a fan of either the winter soldier or Sabastian Stan to spend this much on it. Iron man and Cap are enough for me, if they make widow or spiderman i'd buy those. I have Cap and plan on buying Iron Man if i dont buy SSC's new iron man PF that hasn't gone up for PO yet.

I think folks should get what speaks to them enough to open the wallet! Like I've admired a few of the Court of the Dead pieces but I was asking myself REALLY? Do you really want the piece that much???? Same with IS Vader - part of me wants to order because of the awesomeness - but REALLY? I don't really collect SW - just an HT here and there. I woudn't mind a Predator but the wallet isn't bottomless.
IMO the new Red Sonja is gorgeous but - Infinity War is coming....

Sometimes I regret passing on this, but I just couldn't decide if I truly wanted him, and for that price...

I'm hoping we get another IS Bucky/WS piece that I like more.

Sometimes I regret passing on this, but I just couldn't decide if I truly wanted him, and for that price...

I'm hoping we get another IS Bucky/WS piece that I like more.

Someone still needs to do a "classic" TWS Bucky 1/4 (movie version) and Cap (IMO Sideshow's doesn't count). Yeah, at times I regret not getting SSC's Kier, but can't have everything. Or at least I can't.

But I'm happy with my CW pieces. Just a bit terrified if what MIGHT come down the road for IW $$$$$:lol

I still think there's something off about the proportions of this statue. His head looks too small, or his arm looks too wide/deep. Can't quite put my finger on it.

I still think there's something off about the proportions of this statue. His head looks too small, or his arm looks too wide/deep. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Arm circumference I think especially the upper arm, but for me perfect as IMO it gets across the power of a defining characteristic of the character and also it's a cybernetic arm. To me it looks like the movie arm especially when Bucky is escaping and also the CW behind the scenes footage.

I love this piece. Funny i was so down on the hair IMO needing a finer sculpt and now it's one of the things I think was best done along with a feeling of movement in all these dio pieces. Pricey, but a real joy to have.

Yes, I agree, something is just off enough for ME that I can't justify buying it. His arm looks insanely massive. I haven't watched the movie(s) in a while now, but was it really that big?

Really? I don't think anything's off with him. *stares at WS* Head's the right size, arm's the right size. He's perfect. :dunno

The only reason his arm 'looks so massive' is coz it's shiny silver and the rest of his body is black so of course it's gonna stand out more. If it were thinner it would look too thin with that body. Seriously, it's as it should be.

latest

And correct me if I'm wrong but I think they had to make a new metal arm for Civil War coz Seb bulked up so much that the one they had before did look too thin.

Yes, I agree, something is just off enough for ME that I can't justify buying it. His arm looks insanely massive. I haven't watched the movie(s) in a while now, but was it really that big?

Weeeellll for me, without measuring and then calculating proportions re this sculpt,

yeah, basically. I mean for me, staring at the sculpt above me on the desk and thinking about it, if the arm mass was less for this hard material, static sculpt it wouldn't look like a powerful cybernetic arm, it'd look like one of those WS fan jackets or Tshirts where the sleeve has an arm pattern.

Probably is less noticeable but the 1/6 HT Bucky has a powerful arm too. I know, because I bought a *pricey* 1/6 civvie outfit and the jacket wouldn't go over that arm, period:lol. Then I had to rip out another sleeve re the arm for another 1/6 kitbash. Just a fast look at a couple pics - IMO the arm is accurate, translated to poly and accounting for scale. Like Cap's shoulders that are srsly wide.

JB_civilwar.jpg

I agree. His arm does look big to just glance at the figure. Then when looking at the others that arm might be a little bit large, but Falcon and Black Panther both have some serious guns.

Back