Iron Studios - 1:4 movie Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's amazing to me how much it looks like it has mixed media components, especially the vest. It think it looks great, but I agree that an optional shorter base to be displayed as a standalone piece would be a nice addition. I realize that it's intended to be displayed as a dio with the rest of the characters, but the size of the statue will all be in the base (much like Sideshow's Spiderman). I think it will look awkward displayed with more museum 1/4 statues where the scale is all in the character and less in the base. Frustrating that this is the only 1/4 option we get for Bucky, at this time. I'll be thinking hard about this one.

Seriously, the clothing sculpt and detail on the fabric parts is incredible. I'm inclined to believe they're scanning reference models in a 3D scanner for that stuff, it's so good. I do agree with others that he looks a little chunky though, I think his vest /jacket should be tighter on the body (it was crazy tight in WS). Not entirely sure about the hair either, but overall a very very impressive sculpt.

Just saw the pics. My two big takeaways -

1) base is big (but I think I can live with it)
2) head sculpt looks small and and the likeness needs to be improved (this may be the factor on whether or not I order this)

Besides these 2 things, I think the rest of the statue looks great, especially the details on the metal arm, the suit, and the gun.

I think once it's displayed as a diorama u will all love it.* I have faith in is.
I don't doubt that the whole diorama will look absolutely brilliant but who has the space to display that? I don't even have room to display Buck here with Cap. Buck's width is 30 cm , depth too. If you wanna build the diorama you'll need like 1 m depth! XD

... Strangely enough, I am not really feeling this. The base is just straight-up ridiculously huge, nobody needs all that wasted resin adding ten pounds to the piece.

Bucky appears overweight, with none of the sleek grace he displays onscreen. In fact, he looks downright pudgy. I know he had bulked out a bit between the two films, but this is.... well, a bit too much.

yay, $800-ish bucks saved. I think.
Well, he looks a bit chubby coz he looked like that in CW. He didn't have the sleek grace from TWS coz he put on much more weight and kinda went overboard imo. He even said so himself. Also, the CW vest was kinda poofy. I mean, look:

cap1.jpg

All this time I was mainly hoping for Iron Studios to make him less buff as he looked in the movies but sadly they didn't. I don't think it's their fault though. They went for movie accurate and it IS. :( I just happen to prefer his TWS physic and outfit and the fact that his face is nore angular coz of less weight. XD

Out of the six in this diorama this is probably the only one I may pass on.

Currently I just don't have a strong enough connection with the character, either in the movies or in the comics.

Though that may change when I finally see Civil War next week on Blu-Ray (I haven't gone to the cinemas in years).

****ing hell. This is the best 1/4 diorama movie statues ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToT why couldn't they be 1/6 ... then it would have been so much easier to find a place for them and I could get Bucky and Sam and Stevie. ToT But no, they just had to be 1/6 and damn 76 and 70 cm respectively ... T_T and expensive ...

Well, he looks a bit chubby coz he looked like that in CW. He didn't have the sleek grace from TWS coz he put on much more weight and kinda went overboard imo. He even said so himself. Also, the CW vest was kinda poofy. I mean, look:

Yes I am aware that he went through changes between TWS and CW. That does not change my perception that this is an unflattering pose, he's way too bulky, his head is too small and the likeness isn't even close. I did not expect an exact likeness, as we did not get that with their other Marvel statues but this isn't even close.

Had this been of the quality shown by the IS 1/10 scale Winter Soldier, it would be a day-1 PO. That statue was beautiful!

Yes I am aware that he went through changes between TWS and CW. That does not change my perception that this is an unflattering pose, he's way too bulky, his head is too small and the likeness isn't even close. I did not expect an exact likeness, as we did not get that with their other Marvel statues but this isn't even close.

Had this been of the quality shown by the IS 1/10 scale Winter Soldier, it would be a day-1 PO. That statue was beautiful!

I think you need your eyes checked. I showed this statue to many random non statue collectors. All thought it was amazing and perfect likeness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Face likeness is really nice. To me, the statue comes across a little too "posey" - - almost like he went to a photography studio and got professional pics done. Maybe it's the way the leg is so extended--sort of like something I'd expect from Spiderman. A bit exaggerated.

Hmm. I'm not too sure I can agree with you there.

The likeness of their 1/4 Captain America and the proto for their Falcon are top notch at that scale. Nothing much if at all that have been recently put out by other companies imo comes close.

With regards to the 1/10 version. Sure the body shape (and possibly the pose) may be more to my liking, but the head sculpt imo wasn't all that great. You could get away with an average headsculpt as more than half his face was covered with the mouth mask and the dark masking paint around the eyes.

Though I'm not too familar with many of their pieces below 1/6, most of their pieces below 1/4 when it comes to full human face / headsculpts have imo been quite poor. But then again you can only do so much at those scales.

And I believe the only statue that could be deemed to have an exact likeness is the 1/2 scale Prime 1 Studios BVS Superman. Alot of statues may come close, but.....

Yeah but the 1/10 WS statue had the mask so you couldn't really tell how good the face sculpt was.

Also, to me the 1/10 is great but there was a bit too much going on for my taste. Like, too many folds and flowing hair and too much detail for such a small figure. I dunno how to explain that ... detail is usually good but that one had just too much of everything. The 1/4 is much better with this. The textures look incredible and they managed to make it look interesting despite the outfit being absolutely boring. It's just that TWS Buck >>> CW Buck in terms of visual appeal. :(

I think you need your eyes checked. I showed this statue to many random non statue collectors. All thought it was amazing and perfect likeness
I agree, the likeness is actually really good. As I said before, Iron Studios did their best to be as movie accurate as possible it's just that Seb did indeed look like that.

Oh and btw, IS just posted this at their Instagram:

LUXUSFIGUREN-HOT-TOYS-AVENGERS-AGE-OF-ULTRON-SCARLET-WITCH-FIGUR-9.jpg

I knew that the pieces were supposed to be displayed together, but I was never too sure if they actually connected.

Well I guess that that picture answers that question.

Now hopefully they'll show Cap soon. If he's gorgeous, I'll get him and Buck, if not, I'll pass on both.

I hate to say it, but given the size of this baby, I may have to pass. If it doesn't fit in a Besta, I have nowhere to put it. Stupid base...

I hate to say it, but given the size of this baby, I may have to pass. If it doesn't fit in a Besta, I have nowhere to put it. Stupid base...

It will fit in a Besta. Even one with doors. As long as its a two cube high one. With one or two issues of a sort.

The first and probably most important is that you won't be able put any statue of 1/4 scale beneath it. Before I got my custom acyrlic display made up for my Iron Studios Mark 43 I put him in a two high Besta with doors, and could only put my Sideshow 1/2 Iron Man Bust or 1:1 Iron Man helmets below it. (Because of the Glassvik doors I actually have the very same issue with my Sideshow Superman and he's 50mm shorter).

The other issue is that with doors (Glassviks in my case) it visably splits the base of the statue into two by the black bevels of the doors. But for this particular statue that may be a pro :wink1:

Well, the statue comes separated from the base so one could always do some custom bases. If I get Buck and Cap, I might do that.

Yea I really want Scarlet Witch to get made. Still just waiting ...
I'd kill for a Scarlet Witch ... *__*

Back