Statue Iron Studios 1/4 Iron Man Civil War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this on order and I am really sad to see the delay but cannot wait to have him.
PS - Love your SIG Chapter2099 - Saw their last ever show in the UK

Thanks a lot, man.

I was hoping to see them when they toured the states again, but obviously, that never came. Such a tragic loss, something I don't think any of us will be completely over. He was one of those musicians of our generation that when you hear him sing you think "there will never be another voice like that again."

Thanks a lot, man.

I was hoping to see them when they toured the states again, but obviously, that never came. Such a tragic loss, something I don't think any of us will be completely over. He was one of those musicians of our generation that when you hear him sing you think "there will never be another voice like that again."

He had an irreplaceable voice but I think LP will continue in some form. My brother in law worked for LP , he was Rob the drummers private security. He was really close to the band so the loss felt close to home. We were lucky to be invited back stage for the last gig they did in the UK and I even got to go onto stage. The band were super generous and gave me lots of memorabilia which I will treasure forever. A great experience but saddened with the loss of Chester. I hope you get to see them if and when they re form.

He had an irreplaceable voice but I think LP will continue in some form. My brother in law worked for LP , he was Rob the drummers private security. He was really close to the band so the loss felt close to home. We were lucky to be invited back stage for the last gig they did in the UK and I even got to go onto stage. The band were super generous and gave me lots of memorabilia which I will treasure forever. A great experience but saddened with the loss of Chester. I hope you get to see them if and when they re form.

I can't imagine an experience like that. Cherish that (and obviously, you do.)

Thanks for sharing, and nice talking to a fellow LP fan. :rock

Just got an email from Sideshow, Iron-Man delayed til April-May.

Maybe it's a good thing. Maybe a factory was putting out sub par work and they are re-doing the whole piece:dunno. The other pieces are so stellar and Iron Studios does tend to be ambitious like using car paint on IM. Plus all the lights.

As much as I want this. I'm fine with delay. Need to save up the money. And As long as it comes out perfect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's almost a 1 year delay from its original or rather first ETA date of June 2017!!! As this was expected around the same time as the Cap in the series (which itself was delayed a few months).

I actually don't mind the delay at all. I'm eager to see it in person but I'm in no rush, once it gets here it'll never leave. The diorama has been fantastic so far so the last piece has to be up to par.

Maybe it's a good thing. Maybe a factory was putting out sub par work and they are re-doing the whole piece:dunno. The other pieces are so stellar and Iron Studios does tend to be ambitious like using car paint on IM. Plus all the lights.

As much as I want this. I'm fine with delay. Need to save up the money. And As long as it comes out perfect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly!

Aside from the actually agony of the wait, it many times works out for the best. You have more time to allocate funds, make space and prepare.

Unfortunately though, I think it dampers hype as time goes on, especially when the QC doesn't live up to your expectations. It's happened to me a few times. Not a great feeling to pay all of the money and not be impressed.

My thoughts exactly!

Aside from the actually agony of the wait, it many times works out for the best. You have more time to allocate funds, make space and prepare.

Unfortunately though, I think it dampers hype as time goes on, especially when the QC doesn't live up to your expectations. It's happened to me a few times. Not a great feeling to pay all of the money and not be impressed.

True, true. After all these are Civil War movie pieces. But there's a thread on the other statue forum that raised the question whether a perfect statue exists. IMO the definition of perfection is subjectve but for its price range and production work I'd say yeah, I've got two Caps and a WS that I consider flawless and the other pieces it's nitpick stuff. Had a meltdown over the WS delays but LOL now I don't remeber that so much.

IS can drive you mad but the IS Darth Vader is one of the happiest overall threads I ever read when he started shipping. So I figure IS must have their reasons and if it is a factory issue or Chinese New Year coming up maybe there is nothing IS can do.:dunno

Am so hoping IS got some Infinity War licenses$$$

True, true. After all these are Civil War movie pieces. But there's a thread on the other statue forum that raised the question whether a perfect statue exists. IMO the definition of perfection is subjectve but for its price range and production work I'd say yeah, I've got two Caps and a WS that I consider flawless and the other pieces it's nitpick stuff. Had a meltdown over the WS delays but LOL now I don't remeber that so much.

IS can drive you mad but the IS Darth Vader is one of the happiest overall threads I ever read when he started shipping. So I figure IS must have their reasons and if it is a factory issue or Chinese New Year coming up maybe there is nothing IS can do.:dunno

Oh please no :thud:

I don't know that I could really say no to that, but I'm pretty much out of space once those 6x 1/3 Justice League pieces come out in 2019.

As once those come out, as it is I'll have to pack away my duplicates of Iron Studios Team Cap:dunno

Oh please no :thud:

I don't know that I could really say no to that, but I'm pretty much out of space once those 6x 1/3 Justice League pieces come out in 2019.

As once those come out, as it is I'll have to pack away my duplicates of Iron Studios Team Cap:dunno

LOL.

IMO hardware stores and a good electric drill/screwdriver. Vertical space. It's a lifestyle.

Those mini-fridge boxes tho:horror

But *realistically* I'm gonna guess maybe with so many characters, if IS does Infinity War characters they will be smaller like BP and GOTG. Which for me is kinda too bad as the 1/4 is so spectacular. But I probably wouldn't buy everyone they might put out - so if I am restrained I could still handle a few more pieces for now.

IW or not for me, re the CW pieces, unless it's an emergency I'll never sell. Still get *feels* owning something like these.

You sound like me in some ways. Personally, I feel I really over analyze the statues I get and I get really disappointed if they're not perfect by my standards, which I think is to your point. It's all subjective, IMO. It's one of THE most frustrating aspects of this hobby for me. I dare say I have OCD.

You sound like me in some ways. Personally, I feel I really over analyze the statues I get and I get really disappointed if they're not perfect by my standards, which I think is to your point. It's all subjective, IMO. It's one of THE most frustrating aspects of this hobby for me. I dare say I have OCD.

Nah, I think if collectors didn't enjoy the fantastic details, a great sculpt or portrait, or a clean paint job - IMO what's the point of even the artists or digital artists and sculptors working to turn out something like IS Darth Vader or the Court of the Dead?

I could get a NECA plastic fig cheaper (not that those are bad for the price). IMO we should be paying for something that thrills us and we feel a *glow* of satisfaction about. Not faintly irritated or worse.:(

Of course what bothers people is subjective - but IMO it's a real truth that all these companies including IS cannot let up on their QC checks AND matching prototype to production. At least with the CW 1/4 scale pieces, as much as I could I compared prototype and in-store pics to what I received. If there are differences they are so small - my own pieces may as well BE prototypes:clap. A hairline wobble on Falcon's gauntlet where there is red edging IMO does not count for me LOL. (it does tell me the gauntlet was hand-painted!)

I only notice because I go over all my pieces a few inches from my face. Partly looking for flaws, but it's also sort of an ownership ritual. Like, "ok, you pass, you are now mine". And a lot of times they sit close to me for a bit so I can enjoy them close up before getting them situated. I get nervous moving pieces so it's nice to have them close and enjoy the details.

If that makes me OCD or weird, so be it.:cool: For this kind of money I d*mn well am going to enjoy every centimeter of a fig.

I only notice because I go over all my pieces a few inches from my face. Partly looking for flaws, but it's also sort of an ownership ritual. Like, "ok, you pass, you are now mine". And a lot of times they sit close to me for a bit so I can enjoy them close up before getting them situated. I get nervous moving pieces so it's nice to have them close and enjoy the details.

If that makes me OCD or weird, so be it.:cool: For this kind of money I d*mn well am going to enjoy every centimeter of a fig.

I can't disagree with you there. :rock :rock :rock

I agree. We spend our hard earned money on these, so it's nice to be able to appreciate them for what they are and feel like we got our money's worth.

Wow. Probably wont see it Stateside until Infinity War hits at this rate. Wonder what the hold up is.

Back