Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished reading all the posts on the "other" forum and someone mentioned that this one is going to be all polystone except for the belt which will be leather (unless there was one other item mentioned); that seems incorrect right off the top considering that the light-up features, at the very least, must be plastic.

I really would prefer that the entire "Vader" and base are polystone (with the exception of the light-up parts) and it did look like Igo was having a bit of hard time lifting it in the Sideshow Live video; Susan also commented that it is heavy.

I just finished reading all of the posts in this forum as well and have to agree with what everyone has said. This piece is definitely more dynamic than the other one but both have their strong points. I don't know how long it will take this one to sell out if the eventual in-hand pictures and comments from buyers show that it will be well-received but I would rather take a chance now and ensure that I get one rather than miss out due to a rapid sell-out once it starts shipping. As others have mentioned, if it has issues, it can always be returned for a refund.

I had been going back to the order page since it went up for pre-order in January of this year and kept on leaving it due to having too many other pre-orders going at the time. I am just really hoping that it turns out well...and that is the real stressful part...

Ordered.

I wouldn't be surprised if the lightsaber and most of the things on the base are plastic. As whenever they have items/accents on a base, there's a good chance plastic will be involved.

It's true. They are both telling a different story.....

Iron Studios Vader: "If you only knew the power of the Dark Side. Don't make me destroy you."

Sideshow Vader: "Figaro qua, Figaro la, Figaro qua, Figaro la, Figaro su, Figaro giu, Figaro su, Figaro giu!"

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I was disappointed that Popcultcha wasn't carrying Vader (I did beg but I guess they can't) shipping from Sideshow directly has become a killer but I've got to have it.
This is the Vader I've waited for.
I had the PF on preorder but I cancelled it. After a while I just thought it looked silly. I'm glad other people are happy with it, I knew I never would be.

DarthD I'm making progress despite life but I'm going to be making 3 boxes for the top shelf. I originally was gonna just use a14.5' 2x4 but finding one straight seem impossible, then I was gonna do 2 7.5 boxes but I've decided on 3. No need for supports these shelves already hold me.

I have a link in my sig to my build thread. Should be framed out by Sunday.

Oh right uh I'm not sure where I'll be putting the IS Vader lol. I may put all my Vaders in a PAX.

IMG_5542.jpgIMG_5543.jpg

DarthD I'm making progress despite life but I'm going to be making 3 boxes for the top shelf. I originally was gonna just use a14.5' 2x4 but finding one straight seem impossible, then I was gonna do 2 7.5 boxes but I've decided on 3. No need for supports these shelves already hold me.

Oh right uh I'm not sure where I'll be putting the IS Vader lol. I may put all my Vaders in a PAX.

View attachment 359510View attachment 359511

that looks serious ! :lol

maybe put that into a separate thread.. I would follow that built there

View attachment 359510View attachment 359511

What are you using for shelves?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What are you using for shelves?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now I use PAX but my room is all messed up while I build these. I have a build thread in my Sig.

If you mean over the 2x4s I will be using the absolute thinnest material available because I'll be overlaying it with flooring. It will likely be this in the photo. It's rubbery. I'll look around to see what else is available but this is a great idea as it goes down like flooring and using 1/4 round in the back can finish it off. The frame will likely have Formica covering so I can have it all white but nothing is permanent till I use it as I want to be positive on my color choices.

Honestly I can likely put 10 PFs and the shelf won't flinch. I already axed Using support beams. I laid on it lol.

Anyway check the build thread and keep watching to see what I do.

Now I use PAX but my room is all messed up while I build these. I have a build thread in my Sig.

If you mean over the 2x4s I will be using the absolute thinnest material available because I'll be overlaying it with flooring. It will likely be this in the photo. It's rubbery. I'll look around to see what else is available but this is a great idea as it goes down like flooring and using 1/4 round in the back can finish it off. The frame will likely have Formica covering so I can have it all white but nothing is permanent till I use it as I want to be positive on my color choices.

Honestly I can likely put 10 PFs and the shelf won't flinch. I already axed Using support beams. I laid on it lol.

Anyway check the build thread and keep watching to see what I do.

Kind of flooring, thickness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm unsure of its thickness but it's very thin but very durable. It's gonna sit in top of whatever I cover the framing with. I looked at even the thinnest plywood but it's too heavy. Maybe the 1/4 MDF at HD that I use to build my custom 1/6 Cantinas. It's very light. No need for thick heavy as the shelves are overly supported. Here's the flooring it's called Denali on the Floor and Decor website and I've seen it in person. Was gonna do my upstairs where the shelf is but it is as too thin and rubbery so I know it well.

After this you will have to post in my build thread or Vader will chop me.

IMG_5393.jpg

I think this is the only Iron Studios piece that has not been made available to Popcultcha here in Australia, so if I want this I'll have to order direct with Sideshow.

Everything from their 1/10 line, 1/6 Dioramas and 1/4 Age of Ultron pieces were made available to Popcultcha, but all of which weren't with Sideshow.

I wonder if some sort of deal was made between Iron Studios and Sideshow to sell the Vader exclusive in markets outside Brazil.

Yes I rang them about this as I thought for sure they would be getting it. Suxs as I have never ordered with sideshow.

Shipping notice! Is what I wish I had. [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Back