Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boooo my ceilings are 10' but upstairs they are 8' vaulted so unfortunately starting at 8' eliminated any chance I have at building those shelves. The PAX fit because the wood is like 1" thick but the shelves need about 6" x 4 for the horizontal pieces. The worst ever.

I was gonna do 2x6 top and bottom then 2x4 for the 2 middles so that's 20" leaves only 76" for 3 openings and 28" each is too small with some PFs hitting 27"

This is with no shelving platforms which can add up to another inch or 2.

IS Vader will just have to go on the PAX.

da155e0ac7cf336632f2ce696baf12db.jpg

I fear no measurements as I just built some big recessed shelves. 18 inches deep, 28 inches tall and 10 feet wide. Bring it on, Iron Studios Vader! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet room! Awesome way to handle the corner too!!!

I couldn't handle the dust on those pieces though, need some see through windows.

I've had many pieces on display and they never have dust yet some furniture does. My upstairs just never has dust really but downstairs does.

Ok Darth Dennis I totally ripped all my other side of the room out. I'm ready to start soon but I'll be doing it a little differently. I attached a little sketch I did but what I doing since the walls start at 8' tall and I want 3 rows is this. I'm going with 2x4s then I'll use 2x6 or larger overtop. It will give the appearance of thicker shelves and allow me to hide the LED Bars up top or each row. I can also do the laminate flooring or rubberized and nail in 1/4 round. The top shelf will likely be 30" to accommodate all the larger items and the 2nd 2 rows I think will be around 25-26" each for all the normal PFs. All will be about 24" deep. It may be overkill on depth but I like to pair my 1/6 with my PF if I ever have both. When my Transformers come I have a huge empty wall on the opposite side for 3 Pedestals or by then I'll likely have another idea lol just want to adulterize the room a bit. Who knows maybe one day there will be books up there... ok not

Oh yeah I'm doing all this for the IS Vader yeah so it's a good post. I'll make a build thread soonIMG_5452.jpgIMG_5457.jpg

Ok Darth Dennis I totally ripped all my other side of the room out. I'm ready to start soon but I'll be doing it a little differently. I attached a little sketch I did but what I doing since the walls start at 8' tall and I want 3 rows is this. I'm going with 2x4s then I'll use 2x6 or larger overtop. It will give the appearance of thicker shelves and allow me to hide the LED Bars up top or each row. I can also do the laminate flooring or rubberized and nail in 1/4 round. The top shelf will likely be 30" to accommodate all the larger items and the 2nd 2 rows I think will be around 25-26" each for all the normal PFs. All will be about 24" deep. It may be overkill on depth but I like to pair my 1/6 with my PF if I ever have both. When my Transformers come I have a huge empty wall on the opposite side for 3 Pedestals or by then I'll likely have another idea lol just want to adulterize the room a bit. Who knows maybe one day there will be books up there... ok not

Oh yeah I'm doing all this for the IS Vader yeah so it's a good post. I'll make a build thread soonView attachment 358494View attachment 358502

I like it! Looking forward to the build thread!

Lol rib

Yeah I am hoping to get it done ASAP. My Voltron is shipping this week. It's a long build with kids and life but my wife's like make a plan and do it. I'm like uh yeah with all the techniques and choices I'm near finished with that and will be starting to plan the lighting. Can't be pulling that thing in and out lol although I'm making it so I technically can.

I have this on pre-order as well. I really wish they would release full photos of all the arm options so I can get an idea for what looks best. Regardless, I'm excited for this piece.

I thought what we saw on SSC live was a production piece?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Why no pics out there!? Getting concerned this one may have been over-hyped...by us. And I have it on pre-order. It seems to have disappeared.

Why no pics out there!? Getting concerned this one may have been over-hyped...by us. And I have it on pre-order. It seems to have disappeared.

It has not disappeared, there have been no new pictures because it has not been released yet.

da155e0ac7cf336632f2ce696baf12db.jpg

I fear no measurements as I just built some big recessed shelves. 18 inches deep, 28 inches tall and 10 feet wide. Bring it on, Iron Studios Vader! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is Awesome! I would love to see some more pics of that room. Looks like you have other items right on the edge of the camera view. I am very impressed. Very nice job.

That is Awesome! I would love to see some more pics of that room. Looks like you have other items right on the edge of the camera view. I am very impressed. Very nice job.

Thanks! Maybe I'll add to Phastroh's build thread. Even though my basement is now a little over a year old, might still be fun to see.

its with every statue.. its the quite before the storm.. its just that long period from production till release.. im not worried at all,.. this piece will kick some serious ass :D

Back