Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odds are this will probably double or triple in price once it comes out. So if you don't pull the trigger you might regret it later.

If I didn't hate selling statues so much I would buy an extra or two. Too much risk involved with rough postal handling and bad apple ebayers.

Odds are this will probably double or triple in price once it comes out. So if you don't pull the trigger you might regret it later.

While I didn't PO to sell mine later, I could definitely see this happening. It's got a very low ES when you consider the character and 1/4 scale seems to be the scale of choice for a lot of collectors nowadays (although I see a lot of 1/3 pieces showing up). For me, the pose is awesome. Just a raw ferociousness to it that captures the evil. I don't recall seeing that in a Vader statue. Here's hoping the production pieces deliver what the prototype is making us drool over.

I'll never open mine.... uh to inspect then rebox. Isn't that what all sellers say 5 years later.

Yeah "opened for inspection" basically means used/displayed for however many years.

Oh, I'm definitely opening mine for inspection. & I'll keep inspecting it for years on end, while it sits on a shelf :yess:

Mine will be inspected daily. I suspect at random times from early AM to late PM. With such a randomized schedule, it only makes sense to leave it out for "continuous and indefinite inspection."

C'mon just a couple updated pics please IS. Still have yet to see this in full with the other arms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I intend to display it saber swinging, but it would be nice to have nice looking alternate options. The only pics I've seen are zoomed up and I really can't make sense of how those arms work with the lunging forward pose.

I'm 99% sure I will never use the switch outs. The aggressive saber pose makes this piece IMO

Nobody is this secretive....I'm still concerned. Usually by now there are pics all over the place.

Nobody is this secretive....I'm still concerned. Usually by now there are pics all over the place.
This is an Iron Studio release. Every release I've seen from them has this big timelapse when we hear nothing (between it ships from China and then arrive to USA/Brazil).

This is an Iron Studio release. Every release I've seen from them has this big timelapse when we hear nothing (between it ships from China and then arrive to USA/Brazil).

This is true. (Though oddly enough I believe the Falcon and either the Black Panther or Winter Soldier arrived here in Australia for actual release earlier then the US).

This has occurred for every piece released from their Civil War line.

I believe out of the five released so far, I myself was the first to post on this board in hand pics for three of them.

Well, yeah. Ran into that with the Civil War pieces. Again, tho, I was frustrated 'coz I'm used to Sideshow and even XM presentations - pics all over. Iron Studios doesn't seem to think along those lines. Maybe it's because they have their own stores. Few pics, short tiny videos. Not the PR I was used to.

Don't think they are being secretive it's just - they ARE in Brazil, making limited edition stuff. So maybe in Brazil it's a really easy drive to a concept store and if you are a foreigner - LOL you are lucky you can get these gorgeous imported pieces at all. But IS has responded when I e-mailed. And IS does seem to care about what it is doing - the joins for my CW pieces IMO were amazingly clean, smooth, finished - beautifully detailed hands and BP claws (I hate poorly done hands on figs).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd1YTHaS_BA

I think with pre orders not selling out IS would benefit from releasing some new pictures of this. Actual full image photos with all the arms in place. The close-ups make me think it doesn't look great with the swap out. I'm growing impatient. Hope I'm wrong

I think with pre orders not selling out IS would benefit from releasing some new pictures of this. Actual full image photos with all the arms in place. The close-ups make me think it doesn't look great with the swap out. I'm growing impatient. Hope I'm wrong

Hope you're wrong too and I'm sure so do the rest of the others here that PO'd.

Back