Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its with every statue.. its the quite before the storm.. its just that long period from production till release.. im not worried at all,.. this piece will kick some serious ass :D

Agreed. And will sell out quickly afterwards.

How are you guys deciding between this one and the Sideshow piece? I know this one costs $150 more and has a much smaller ES with an action pose versus Sideshow's regal museum pose...it is really a tough choice.

Also, no EX for either of them?

Sent from my SM-C115W using Tapatalk

How are you guys deciding between this one and the Sideshow piece? I know this one costs $150 more and has a much smaller ES with an action pose versus Sideshow's regal museum pose...it is really a tough choice.

I think Iron Studios pose, switch out options, sculpting, trump SS's. Nothing against it and I couldn't care less about ES but the first time I saw the IS's Vader I knew I finally found the 1/4 version I've been waiting for.

Plus the plastic helmet of SS's Is a deal breaker for me.

I chose both! While a financially foolish decision, it was a much easier one :) I've had the Sideshow for quite some time and still think it's a great piece. The IS Vader is a great contrast so it doesn't feel redundant to have both to me at all. I figure with the first Vader PF, I will have representation from ANH, ESB and ROTJ. I'm cool with that.

Both for me. I ordered Sideshow before IS came out, but with shipping, fees and low value of SSC Darth Vader why bother to sell. These days cost $150.00 to ship a piece like this coast to coast. SSC Darth Vader not greatest piece but a nice one.

While I think this debate has been beaten to death... The SSC Vader has just a very cheap feel and look to it on a horrible pose looking awkward up to the sky....

The IS looks just far more superior in every way to me.. Yes I would prefer a simple stance pose over an action pose.. but this is bad ass looking and after Rogue One it makes a lot of sense

Very good points! I will reread both threads; thanks for the suggestion.

I agree that the plastic helmet would bother me so that was an important point. I'm still not certain that this Vader won't also have the plastic parts, however.

Now, of I go to re-read the threads.

I chose both! While a financially foolish decision, it was a much easier one :) I've had the Sideshow for quite some time and still think it's a great piece. The IS Vader is a great contrast so it doesn't feel redundant to have both to me at all. I figure with the first Vader PF, I will have representation from ANH, ESB and ROTJ. I'm cool with that.

I don't think there is anything wrong with having multiple pieces if you are able to. That sounds like it will be a great setup and they are different enough that each tells its own story. [emoji6]

It's true. They are both telling a different story.....

Iron Studios Vader: "If you only knew the power of the Dark Side. Don't make me destroy you."

Sideshow Vader: "Figaro qua, Figaro la, Figaro qua, Figaro la, Figaro su, Figaro giu, Figaro su, Figaro giu!"

Iron Studios Vader: "If you only knew the power of the Dark Side. Don't make me destroy you."

Sideshow Vader: "Figaro qua, Figaro la, Figaro qua, Figaro la, Figaro su, Figaro giu, Figaro su, Figaro giu!"
Ahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

LMAO.... so true!
(And I'll own both)

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO!!

I'm so glad I sold that piece of $**t [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

:lol:lol

its with every statue.. its the quite before the storm.. its just that long period from production till release.. im not worried at all,.. this piece will kick some serious ass :D

Just blowin' through because I'm not getting this, but if I DID collect SW just based on the CW 1/4 scales I picked up from IS, I'd be fighting to get this Vader. Even thought about getting this Vader because I was so d@mn impressed with the CW pieces. Just can't get whatever I want tho....

If it helps - sounds like the "no pics" is same as I felt last winter. Pathetically looking for a few *bleep* pics. IS just seems to be like that - not much PR. Since they are in Brazil and have the 3 concept stores, maybe they don't need to have a lot of pics up.

It's like you don't hear ANYTHING and then stuff gets delayed (my Winter Soldier was delayed 2-3 times) and then there's the first Insta pics and then this box shows up and Holy ****!!! Srsly amazing:thud:. Don't see why Vader would be any different than the Batman and CW pieces. I'd be real surprised if Vader isn't completely mind-blowing. Congrats to those getting him - I almost did. I just can't unless I hit the lottery.:(

He's here at CCXP last year - don't blink or you'll miss him at 3:00. (All of the CCXP vids have *issues* like candy color fonts but it's something:cuckoo:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HegvbRwIi7s&t=180s

Very good points! I will reread both threads; thanks for the suggestion.

I agree that the plastic helmet would bother me so that was an important point. I'm still not certain that this Vader won't also have the plastic parts, however.

Now, of I go to re-read the threads.

Just keep in mind that Iron Studio aren't afraid to use plastic etc.

I've currently got 22 Iron Studio pieces, and they will use plastic for certain parts when 'necessary'.

Just keep in mind that Iron Studio aren't afraid to use plastic etc.

I've currently got 22 Iron Studio pieces, and they will use plastic for certain parts when 'necessary'.

I've got no problem with certain pieces being plastic i.e. Weapons, accessories. It makes sense to avoid breaking. I just prefer most statues to be polystone.

I just finished reading all the posts on the "other" forum and someone mentioned that this one is going to be all polystone except for the belt which will be leather (unless there was one other item mentioned); that seems incorrect right off the top considering that the light-up features, at the very least, must be plastic.

I really would prefer that the entire "Vader" and base are polystone (with the exception of the light-up parts) and it did look like Igo was having a bit of hard time lifting it in the Sideshow Live video; Susan also commented that it is heavy.

I just finished reading all of the posts in this forum as well and have to agree with what everyone has said. This piece is definitely more dynamic than the other one but both have their strong points. I don't know how long it will take this one to sell out if the eventual in-hand pictures and comments from buyers show that it will be well-received but I would rather take a chance now and ensure that I get one rather than miss out due to a rapid sell-out once it starts shipping. As others have mentioned, if it has issues, it can always be returned for a refund.

I had been going back to the order page since it went up for pre-order in January of this year and kept on leaving it due to having too many other pre-orders going at the time. I am just really hoping that it turns out well...and that is the real stressful part...

Ordered.

I think this is the only Iron Studios piece that has not been made available to Popcultcha here in Australia, so if I want this I'll have to order direct with Sideshow.

Everything from their 1/10 line, 1/6 Dioramas and 1/4 Age of Ultron pieces were made available to Popcultcha, but all of which weren't with Sideshow.

I wonder if some sort of deal was made between Iron Studios and Sideshow to sell the Vader exclusive in markets outside Brazil.

Back