Statue Iron Patriot Quarter Scale Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a similar photo of IP from the movie that Jaws posted, and it is clear that the paint app. is more movie accurate. I am little color blind so can someone tell me if the movie paint app is closer to the final production paint? The more I look at it, it is not bad? The proto pictures were also done in a professional environment with lot of lighting effects. These final production pictures look like were taking in a regular lighting area and with regular camera. That's why better to wait for in hand photos.

The SS pic Jaws posted is photoshopped/enhanced to high heaven. Spotlight on the front but the rear is almost pitch black. Anyone's guess at this point.

Got my shipping notice on this. 3-5 weeks and we will know how it turns out.

giphy.gif

I think it looks good... Sure it does not shine... Did it in the movie??? But it looks good.. Sure the Cheadle face sculpt is not the best... But who in their right mind is going to display it with the Cheadle face anyways.. Even if it was perfect... You display that Face Armor DOWN!!

Don't get the hate... But then again I am not getting it. But I think it looks fine.. Is it the not super shinny paint that has most down? I mean I have seen Iron Man statues out there that are too shinny. This seems more movie accurate.. But I could be wrong.

I think you're right... The suit in the movie was not really shiny ( like the HT one , which I have) Some people don't like it, but I think it is movie accurate C'mon it's Legacy Effects!

Depending on the whether this piece delivers in the QC department and everything goes smoothly, a custom forearm rocket will be on the cards for sure!

wow! wasnt expecting him until another 2 weeks! :horror my processing email shows as Monday the 20th which is next week! Damn these statues are coming thick and fast! At least i'll get refunded for my Reeves Superman PF next week so that'll help with the finances lol ;)

Lets hope this is an Iron Man related statue that Sideshow can finally get right after a string of bad QC issues on the majority (if not all) of the recent Iron Man related releases :pray:

Andy, what costs more: the statue or the custom forearm weaponry? Also, will it attach via magnet and require the forearm to be modified with an accompanying magnet?

Andy, what costs more: the statue or the custom forearm weaponry? Also, will it attach via magnet and require the forearm to be modified with an accompanying magnet?

:lol the custom forearm rocket will undoubtedly be cheaper than the statue Eric :) what i'm planning for is to have just the rocket part sculpted and then it can attach to the forearm. How it will attach is yet unkown but once i receive the statue next week i'll have a better idea on that aspect. Hoping the actual arm comes detached but the more i think about it, i reckon both arms will be permanently attached :(

Hope he turns out good for u Andy

Thanks Pau, appreciate that buddy :)

Back