Statue Iron Patriot Quarter Scale Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, on a side, I agree. Better show them ahead of time.
On the other side, I think: someone actually picked up the finished piece, that is clearly quite different from the proto, and said "yes it's good enough, let's ship it out and take some pics".

It is an improvement from SS. They must realized they are getting competition in Marvel statues for sure. Hence, they are doing so. We shall see, if they improve their qc or no.

Yeah, on a side, I agree. Better show them ahead of time.
On the other side, I think: someone actually picked up the finished piece, that is clearly quite different from the proto, and said "yes it's good enough, let's ship it out and take some pics".

this is the absurd part. Rather than go back to the factory and give them hell for such a crappy product (and forcing them to re-do it right) they say "oh well". Another company had almost half of the headsculpts on a particular statue redone because they were flawed, so it can be done.

attachment.php

Seems you're getting a rock in a doggie bowl base with the Mk 42 & IP.

Canceled my order. It was an iffy order already. These days I need ss to win me over. To many pieces are out there

cmon sideshow sucks!!
everytime horrible delay-
super fail colours IRON MAN LEGENDARY WTF,VERY IMPROTATNT

now this crap,i dont know.keep going.

best quality -prime 1 studio ,nothing else

I think it looks good... Sure it does not shine... Did it in the movie??? But it looks good.. Sure the Cheadle face sculpt is not the best... But who in their right mind is going to display it with the Cheadle face anyways.. Even if it was perfect... You display that Face Armor DOWN!!

Don't get the hate... But then again I am not getting it. But I think it looks fine.. Is it the not super shinny paint that has most down? I mean I have seen Iron Man statues out there that are too shinny. This seems more movie accurate.. But I could be wrong.

LMFAO @ the responses in this thread! Absolute gold gents! :clap :rotfl :lol

Can't say I'm surprised at how crappy this turned out, Sideshow's Marvel Iron Man line has been cursed for 5 years running and it continues to gain steam with zero signs of changing and ever improving.

Their last 3 Marvel IM releases of 2014: Mk VI bust, Mk VII bust, Mk 7 LSF - all complete train wrecks.

Horrible.

I thought the IM 2 maquette was considered an overall success wasn't it?? I know their were some issue with chin paint but those who got good ones seemed to be happy.. I know I wish I got one but it's gone out of my price range. Were their more issues?

Just watched some videos... Yeah that mess up with the chin is pretty bad... I still like the piece overall but that Chin could drive my OCD crazy.

Last edited:
I thought the IM 2 maquette was considered an overall success wasn't it?? I know their were some issue with chin paint but those who got good ones seemed to be happy.. I know I wish I got one but it's gone out of my price range. Were their more issues?

Just watched some videos... Yeah that mess up with the chin is pretty bad... I still like the piece overall but that Chin could drive my OCD crazy.

Yea the mark vi had some chin issues but it blows all of the recent IM pieces out of the water. If we got that quality I would have kept this and ordered mark 42.

MK VI is very nice. Mine had chin issues that weren't too bad, let him go though and planning on replacing him with the more iconic MK III.
The pose on that is perfect imo. Hope the production piece delivers, for a change.

The paint on the proto had a definite sparkle. Silver flecks could be seen in the paint, giving it a metallic look, which is missing on the production piece.
Just looks very flat like the 1:1 Bust turned out.
Agreed the Cheadle portrait is just an added bonus, pretty pointless bonus if it's to crappy to display though.

Last edited:

Hey Jaws! I'm not sure if I'd call the Mark 6 release a 'success' as it was plagued with qc issues, most notably the chin as you're aware of. There were other issues mentioned in IM-related threads such as dead LED's on arrival and the faceplate misalignment, but the chin was the issue that affected the majority as far as I've read. Granted, like any statue IF you happened to get a good one then yes, you'd probably consider it a success lol.

Yea the mark vi had some chin issues but it blows all of the recent IM pieces out of the water. If we got that quality I would have kept this and ordered mark 42.

Have to agree. Chin issues aside, the paint app is very good. The pose is iconic, simply perfect. The base is well done, an environmental base that coincides with the film and there's no unnecessary doggie bowl under it.

Back