Iron Man Mark XLII Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch, after botching the Mark VII Life Size Bust, they will nail this one,
since I am not a fan of the look of the faceplates on this and the Iron Patriot/WM Mark II. :(

I certainly hope so...although purchasing the MKVII lifesize bust myself, I wasn't blown away with it as I was with my MKIII or War Machine busts...however, the Iron Patriot and MK42 busts look killer to me so I cant wait! :yess:

Caved in and ordered. What's the worst that could happen? :violin

PS: Please, don't answer that.

Nah, I will. It's likely that this will not live up to the pictures and final product will be disappointing. Not only that, shortly after release, Sideshow will have this on sale with double rewards.

However, I hope Sideshow has learned its lesson, a hopefully this lives up to its potential with not QC issues. It's way past time for Sideshow to smarten up.

Good luck with your purchase man.

Nah, I will. It's likely that this will not live up to the pictures and final product will be disappointing. Not only that, shortly after release, Sideshow will have this on sale with double rewards.

However, I hope Sideshow has learned its lesson, a hopefully this lives up to its potential with not QC issues. It's way past time for Sideshow to smarten up.

Good luck with your purchase man.

Do you think Legacy has to approve Sideshow IM products before they ship out? Or do they see a polished proto, give it the okay and never think about it again?

Do you think Legacy has to approve Sideshow IM products before they ship out? Or do they see a polished proto, give it the okay and never think about it again?

Proto fo sho. No way they got time or interest in checking the actual inventory. Lately I don't think even Sideshow checks their products before they ship out. Andy there got a Mark VII bust with clearly two different color schemes. Like, how do you miss that?

Proto fo sho. No way they got time or interest in checking the actual inventory. Lately I don't think even Sideshow checks their products before they ship out. Andy there got a Mark VII bust with clearly two different color schemes. Like, how do you miss that?

Agreed, there's way too many horror stories to recall tbh. Legacy is as guilty as SS is then, and it's clear they don't care as long as the cheques keep rolling in.

Last edited:

Tell me about it! :slap and when I brought the question up with Sideshow as to how this could've happened, I was told mine was the only case :horror Okay, in the end I got my issues sorted but situations like these could be avoided so easily with attention and care by those in control of QC...nowadays I'm not even sure such a position exists at the company as most pieces just get the green light to ship out regardless :huh

Agreed, there's way too many horror stories to recall tbh. Legacy is as guilty as SS is then, and it's clear they don't care as long as the cheques keep rolling in.

I think Legacy's involvement inregards to Sideshow pieces are purely down to sharing information (blueprints, design info, etc) from what was used in the actual movie...as far as their involvement into paint apps go, I don't think they get involved at all :( We've all seen how well the team at Legacy can paint all the prototypes ie) MKVII LSF, MKVII lifesize Bust, Hulk Maquette, MK42 Maquette and so on...Therefore having the official label of Legacy on my IM collectibles means completely nothing to me...your basically just paying the extra for their name to be printed on the statue base and that's all. I mean how hard is to ask the factory workers in China to paint the Iron Man faceplates in a more metallic gold? :dunno Its no good showing us all how good Legacy can paint the proto when what we receive will look light years away from it :(

A couple of examples of Legacy Effect's paint apps...

2171c36c0b9304ef037ff13a6e7d35bd.jpg

8772e10d450a7a18aa3971d48d61836b.jpg

d3bf90c2b9b11c6ecfff8e04a5c97f00.jpg

07b75624c6b906dc56ea7a25da7a1ead.jpg

Last edited:
Tell me about it! :slap and when I brought the question up with Sideshow as to how this could've happened, I was told mine was the only case :horror Okay, in the end I got my issues sorted but situations like these could be avoided so easily with attention and care by those in control of QC...nowadays I'm not even sure such a position exists at the company as most pieces just get the green light to ship out regardless :huh

I think Legacy's involvement inregards to Sideshow pieces are purely down to sharing information (blueprints, design info, etc) from what was used in the actual movie...as far as their involvement into paint apps go, I don't think they get involved at all :( We've all seen how well the team at Legacy can paint all the prototypes ie) MKVII LSF, MKVII lifesize Bust, Hulk Maquette, MK42 Maquette and so on...Therefore having the official label of Legacy on my IM collectibles means completely nothing to me...your basically just paying the extra for their name to be printed on the statue base and that's all. I mean how hard is to ask the factory workers in China to paint the Iron Man faceplates in a more metallic gold? :dunno Its no good showing us all how good Legacy can paint the proto when what we receive will look light years away from it :(

A couple of examples of Legacy Effect's paint apps...

2171c36c0b9304ef037ff13a6e7d35bd.jpg

8772e10d450a7a18aa3971d48d61836b.jpg

d3bf90c2b9b11c6ecfff8e04a5c97f00.jpg

07b75624c6b906dc56ea7a25da7a1ead.jpg

Where the hell do you find these photos.

While I am not a big fan of the Mk42 design, this bust looks amazing
Excited to see how it turns out.

This bust is a good opportunity to wow some of us who have become a little disenchanted

While I am not a big fan of the Mk42 design, this bust looks amazing
Excited to see how it turns out.

you mean "the proto looks amazing.":lol Very interested with every new IM piece SSC releases to see which one breaks the streak of being a decent IM release without QC issues...

If they can get the brush metal look done right this will be amazing

I am sure the brushed metal look will be left out. They had the brushed metal finish on the thigh armor plate on the Mark VII LSF on the prototype piece. That never made it to the production piece as they were painted a standard silver color.

I just got 5% and 10% off from Sideshow Iron Man Mark 42 Life Size Bust and Sideshow Gladiator Hulk. I don't really need it. So if anyone is interested, here are the code/s. I believe it it's just one time use. Will expire on November 25, 2014.

SIDESHOW LIFE SIZE BUST MARK 42 IRON MAN 5% off

UPS05OFFPYJY4E
UPS05OFFKBFEUY

SIDESHOW GLADIATOR HULK 5% off
UPS05OFFXXM87J

SIDESHOW GLADIATOR HULK 10% off
UPS10OFFLMA4SW

Take care!

That's nice of you. I'd be tempted to get this bust but after that Mark VII fiasco, I'll never pre-order another life size bust from SSC again. In hand pictures first or no buy.

been really tempting to get the mark 42 bust. i did not read the mark vii fiasco, so far. just want to pair another 1:1 bust with my HCG batman. but really caught up with preorders. Still undecided, either -- 1. Sideshow Lifesize Mark 42 bust 2. Sideshow Gladiator Hulk 3. EFX Cap shield.

but hopefully, the discount might help for other people. take care!

Sux for people who already PO it and miss out on the discount.

Back