Iron Man Mark XLII Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will admit that my post that got removed may have been a little dig at SS/Legacy. But it was was nothing I haven't read before. Oh wells.

This may seem bad but my primary reason that I come to these boards/forums is to read all the comments. Yes, sometimes especially the negative comments.

As when whenever I'm interested in a particular piece, I look it up to see if there are any problems etc to sway me either way in purchasing the item. If I'm really interested in a item, negative comments won't have an impact, but it's still good to know.

This is of particular relevance as I reside in Australia and reading peoples comments months before the item arrives at my shores are of great interest.

I looked at the deleted messages - mostly one word pejoratives. Feel free to discuss what you may feel are short comings of the item, but be articulate in your comments.

Let me get this straight, b/c my post was deleted and reading those new rules I'm not understanding why.

So instead of saying, 'The production piece looks nothing like the proto' which got deleted, you'd prefer to read a detailed assessment and comparison of why the production piece looks nothing like the prototpye?

I have no problems doing that, but at the same token admin/mods can delete that post and cite it as 'nit picking' or 'intentionally crapping on (insert manufacturer's name) product'.

I genuinely would like to know how you want members here to articulate negative critiques of production pieces because this one is going to get a crap load.

Very disappointing from what we can see.

The brushed metal brass effect was never going to be delivered but replacing with a flat paint is poor, imo.
They couldn't even try to make it look shiny/metalic?
The other huge concern is every part highlighed with light looks uneven/lumpy. We can only assume the whole surface area is in the same condition.

The prototype was beautiful and possibly encouraged a lot of pre-orders. If we actually got what was promised I would have no problem with the $1,000 asking price but for what has been pictured here? No chance. Not for my money anyway.

This had the potential to be the best IM collectable ever produced and I'm not a fan of the armour. Unfortunately, I think, it has failed.

Just noticed my original comparison has been put back up.

Thanks Dave :D

Sideshow need to either put more effort into the production or less into the, frankly misleading, prototype.

Wow, can't believe they deleted the msgs. :ohbfrank:

I started typing my thoughts on the bust again (yeah, all negative) but what's the point. You know things start going downhill when you can't be open about your opinions and criticism. I'm even concerned they might delete this one too, now.

Wow, can't believe they deleted the msgs. :ohbfrank:

I started typing my thoughts on the bust again (yeah, all negative) but what's the point. You know things start going downhill when you can't be open about your opinions and criticism. I'm even concerned they might delete this one too, now.

You can :)

I think comments like 'looks awful' or 'That's crap' will be removed.
Just state/highlight what concerns you and there shouldn't be a problem.

Hi guys.
I'm new to the collectors scene, having just a couple of hot toys 1/6th Marvel figures so far. The quality of them blew me away so when I saw the Life Size Mark 42 bust I had to have one, so I stuck a pre-order in. It was only then that I decided to look up some more info, stupid I know. I found this thread and what appears to be pictures of an inferior product to the one I was hoping for. I knew it was never going to be as glorious as the prototype, but at least somewhere close to it.
Criticism is definitely needed, part of me hopes that the pictures and lighting are just bad quality. I'm doubting it though.
Anyway, I'll still proceed with my order and I will let you guys know if I'll buy a sideshow/legacy piece again without checking these forums first.

Welcome to the forum bamboodia.
Look forward to your inhand review and pictures.

Fingers crossed it looks better in person for you, and others :D

Hi guys.
I'm new to the collectors scene, having just a couple of hot toys 1/6th Marvel figures so far. The quality of them blew me away so when I saw the Life Size Mark 42 bust I had to have one, so I stuck a pre-order in. It was only then that I decided to look up some more info, stupid I know. I found this thread and what appears to be pictures of an inferior product to the one I was hoping for. I knew it was never going to be as glorious as the prototype, but at least somewhere close to it.
Criticism is definitely needed, part of me hopes that the pictures and lighting are just bad quality. I'm doubting it though.
Anyway, I'll still proceed with my order and I will let you guys know if I'll buy a sideshow/legacy piece again without checking these forums first.

Welcome to the forum and hope to see your in hand review. :welcome

Does anyone know anything about getting custom paint jobs. Is it usually a good idea? Especially when above occurs?

Or is it just not worth the time, money and effort?

Does anyone know anything about getting custom paint jobs. Is it usually a good idea? Especially when above occurs?

Or is it just not worth the time, money and effort?

Custom will probably cost you a pretty penny unless you luck out. If you have the coin to burn I don't see why it wouldn't be a good idea to get the collectible painted professionally the way it should have been done when you bought it.

A few hundred would be just the start for a professional repaint.
Looking at those pictures a repaint would, obviously, improve it but the issues look to be more than paint.
As I mentioned, the way the lighting highlights the finish is worrying, don't think there's a smooth/clean surface on that Bust.

The red seems ok?

But the two golds appear to be somewhat swirly in nature. Doesn't appear to be very clean at all.

Look where the light catches the red here, right hand side...

attachment-2.jpeg

Looks like a rough finish to me :huh

Back