Iron Man Mark II Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious if the plans are still in works to make the 5-6 premium formats that were teased in the video on the first page of this thread? Anyone know? If they make all of these I'd probably just wait for the MKVII.

That's a good question. I would think that would be dictated by how well the current ones are selling. If they feel they arent selling well, it could be a long while before we see the other teased versions...if ever...

I agree. The sales perspective seems to be completely in their hands. For example the Batgirl PF sold easily even though it's a small step downward in character importance to the line as others like batman, catwoman, joker, harley. It's gone because they had a great design and executed it. Selling Iron Man products should be a home run every time with the popularity of this character. Even me, I've seen the reviews of the sloppy paint on the MK42 and I'm still tempted to get one. Just because I will eventually want an Iron Man in 1/4 scale to match the hulk maquette. if the Iron Man PF line catches a snag I don't think it will be because of a lack of interest.

I think their best bet would be to leave the movie iron mans alone for awhile and do some comic ones. That way, they don't have to listen to people about the exact color matches and sculpting the piece based on something 3D rendered.

Instead they could pic a comic armor and build the statue so it is easy for them to both paint and assemble.

latest

I think their best bet would be to leave the movie iron mans alone for awhile and do some comic ones. That way, they don't have to listen to people about the exact color matches and sculpting the piece based on something 3D rendered.

Instead they could pic a comic armor and build the statue so it is easy for them to both paint and assemble.

Completely agree. A comic style is actually what I'm looking for to go with the latest Hulk and Captain America.

Last edited:
They should be able to paint any IM statue correctly without sloppy black lines, colour runs and pathetic attempts at battle damage.

Still got my fingers crossed for a decent result on this armour. All silver shouldn't be hard to execute.

Lot of companies doing better Iron man statues at the moment, it's not like years ago with only Sideshow. They need to do quality products to sell now and even with those there's a lot of competition. I'm still waiting for the Mark III but I have no hope left for a good statue.

I would think that would be dictated by how well the current ones are selling. If they feel they arent selling well, it could be a long while before we see the other teased versions...if ever...
doubt it, i would think mark iii and vii is more popular by default.

Yeah, I had plans to add an IM to my collection but I gave up. There are other characters I would rather have.

Yeah, I had plans to add an IM to my collection but I gave up. There are other characters I would rather have.

SS has yet to prove they can get the I'm to be near their proto

Hmm no news on this statue? I feel like its constantly being pushed back.. this only makes me worry that there are major problems with this release...

This could be a top notch iron man statue with an amazing base only if they get the paint right. I have the xm mark 7 and iron studios mark 43 on preorder and would love for this mark 2 to be in the middle of the 2 but given its by sideshow it's going to very likely be a flop story. I hope not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is no shine to the paint on that MK 2, easy pass. in the movie it is the shiniest of all the suits so it should be almost chromed.

i'd love to be wrong, with a great pose and a stellar base, it could be a great statue.

however, given Sideshows track record with MK 42 and Iron Patriot, i have no faith that it will be anything but a let down.

The more I look at pics, the more this piece looks off. I mean, why is he in attack position while on the Gantry?

It's beginning to look more and more like he's actually losing his balance and his arms are up to prevent a fall. :lol

3ejumusy.jpg

Back