Iron Man Mark II Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what the deal is... even Hot Toys couldn't get it right.

I still think Raquel did a better job with the pose:

s-l1000.jpg

Gloss doesn't really make non metallics look metallic though, it just makes them look wet. You could try buffing it to see if it will add a bit of shine, but if you want a true chrome look, a repaint is probably required. Although have we seen production pieces for this yet? The final finish might be better in hand, never say never..

You might want to consider more of an aluminum tone rather than chrome, I have no idea how to apply the brushed effect in a convincing manner though, that is above me for now. I am sure there are tutorials out there with plenty of methods however.

this ever gonna sold out? or became like others that will onsale lol

Still on the fence of whether or not I am going to keep this or cancel. I find myself wishing there was more of a "chromed" look to this piece.

this ever gonna sold out? or became like others that will onsale lol

Depends how it turns out, I think most people have wised up to these IM pieces now and wait for in hand pictures. The price jumps started around the release of this one also which didn't help.

Back