Iron Man Mark II Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's what I call a brushed metal effect! :lecture a teaser pic of the MKII maquette painted by a pro by one of the guys at Legacy...this is how the MKII SHOULD look!!!

6apyje5e.jpg

bube4uzy.jpg

I hope it comes out good because I plan to get one.

I originally was going to stick with War Machine / Iron Patriot to go with my captain America collection.

I could justify adding this a piece if I was sticking to that plan but I seem to be interested in all the 1/4 maquettes now :lol it's addicting!

Andy if you're trying to depress me further, it's working :lol

Don't be down Eric :( here, have an ice cream on me to cheer you up :1-1:

tumblr_mmvicqkgGy1qzk2upo1_500.gif

I hope it comes out good because I plan to get one.

I originally was going to stick with War Machine / Iron Patriot to go with my captain America collection.

I could justify adding this a piece if I was sticking to that plan but I seem to be interested in all the 1/4 maquettes now :lol it's addicting!

Resistance is futile my friend :exactly: you need to get them all :lecture :lol

I REALLY wish they would release some production piece photos for IP!!!

I wish they would release something...anything!? :gah:

:lol Good one Andy! Not even delicious ice cream can save the day in this unfortunately.

Are you still planning to get all these SS 1/4 pieces then dump another truckload of money to have them custom painted properly and add the custom mini gun to IP?

:lol Good one Andy! Not even delicious ice cream can save the day in this unfortunately.

Are you still planning to get all these SS 1/4 pieces then dump another truckload of money to have them custom painted properly and add the custom mini gun to IP?

:lol I think your not gonna b a happy bunny until XM have released their MKVII right?! :exactly:

Yea, it's Iron Man bro so I've got to commit to the entire line ;) as for repainting them, well I'd rather not as you know how pricey it can end up getting but I always like to add a little sprinkle of customizing if it's needed...and yes, that'll include adding a mini gun to IP's arm :rock

How will the 1/4 Maquettes turn out? It's anyone's guess buddy but as with most Iron Man Collectibles released by Sideshow...prepare for the long journey cos it's gonna get bumpy :horror :horror

19dvkgyb3zkd5gif.gif

:lol I think your not gonna b a happy bunny until XM have released their MKVII right?! :exactly:

Yea, it's Iron Man bro so I've got to commit to the entire line ;) as for repainting them, well I'd rather not as you know how pricey it can end up getting but I always like to add a little sprinkle of customizing if it's needed...and yes, that'll include adding a mini gun to IP's arm :rock

How will the 1/4 Maquettes turn out? It's anyone's guess buddy but as with most Iron Man Collectibles released by Sideshow...prepare for the long journey cos it's gonna get bumpy :horror :horror

19dvkgyb3zkd5gif.gif

Lmao @ that gif!

Honestly, the XM piece has nothing to do with any of the SS releases. Contrary to popular belief, I want SS to release amazing Iron Man products so I continue adding to my IM collection. Their Mk 6 & War Machine maquette are my 2 favorite IM statues.

The problem is that even working together with Legacy their IM releases continually have been subpar release after release, and there's been nowhere else to turn to for Iron Man Collectibles. It's become a question of, "can I be happy with this product even though it's a mess?" and that answer is a resounding 'No' personally, though there are many who'll answer 'Yes' because there's no alternative.

I'm looking forward to seeing your custom repaint and add ons my friend, you always do top notch work and I have no doubts you will continue to showcase some of the best IM Collectibles we've ever seen.

Last edited:
Lmao @ that gif!

Honestly, the XM piece has nothing to do with any of the SS releases. Contrary to popular belief, I want SS to release amazing Iron Man products so I continue adding to my IM collection. Their Mk 6 & War Machine maquette are my 2 favorite IM statues.

The problem is that even working together with Legacy their IM releases continually have been subpar release after release, and there's been nowhere else to turn to for Iron Man Collectibles. It's become a question of, "can I be happy with this product even though it's a mess?" and that answer is a resounding 'No' personally, though there are many who'll answer 'Yes' because there's no alternative.

I'm looking forward to seeing your custom repaint and add ons my friend, you always do top notch work and I have no doubts you will continue to showcase some of the best IM Collectibles we've ever seen.

Great posting Eric and totally get all your points brother. Let's face it, when it comes to Iron Man collectibles Sideshow have totally cut corners...but like not small corners...we're talking massive corners! :lol take for example the Arc Reactor fiasco on their MKVI Legendary Scale Bust...not only did they attach the AR the wrong way round but they went as far as changing their pics on their order page to show the AR the wrong way round and saying that's how it should've looked like :slap :lol in all fairness, the bust turned out really nice but what a piss take by Sideshow! Then you have the lack of metallic finishes on most of their collectibles, notably the MKVII lifesize bust and then this MKII maquette, when it has already been proven by Legacy themselves that you can acheive the brushed metallic look :dunno :slap

With that said, they are still for me the number one supplier for my favourite character and without sideshow my collection would just consist of a few comic and movie PFs...their MKIII LSF is still for me the definitive Iron Man collectible out there

2ehagude.jpg

and the MKVII LSF is about to ship anytime soon so I can't wait to see how that's turned out!

I'm gonna stay positive bro...like you mentioned, the MKVI and War Machines we've both owned are iron Man collectibles at their very best so sideshow can pull off some great statues when they want to...the MKII so far looks like the only one which needs a better paint job as I'm actually really digging their Mk42 and Iron Patriot statues...

pyqume2e.jpg

and we've still got the MKIII, V and VII still to come! :yess:

Also thanks so much for your kind words Eric...means a lot my friend :1-1:

19dvkgyb3zkd5gif.gif

oh my god! that is fricken hilarious!!!

oh my god! that is fricken hilarious!!!

Do you mean the gif or the Sideshow Iron Man gaffs? :dunno :lol

Wrt to the LSF, for sure Andy and for 2 grand it better be :lol

My fingers are crossed buddy :) by the way Eric...not sure if you know yet but Sideshow have just listed the Hot Toys OP figure :rock just PO'd the EX!!! I remember you saying you wanted one too...get it!!

utunu6at.jpg

Just cross finger when PO these Ironman. Either they turn out wow, or arggggh

Back