Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many have even gotten him? I just ordered mine last weekend so I haven't gotten any sort of shipping notice yet. I don't know if they just got a partial shipment or if they are shipping all orders now.

From Facebook:

11407294_816133621810971_4475426501229782746_n.jpg

I don't see how that even came from the same factory as the other pics posted here. I've gotta wonder if that's even real. I could have painted that when I was 6 years old.

if that's the only pic from facebook, I call fake. It's prolly some Neca toy or vinyl figure or something.

I think I'll do some similar close-up pictures of the Mark VI Maquette. Just to see what they look like. I have a feeling that the quality has taken a turn for the worse, but obviously the level of detail of the new armors is higher as well.

I think I'll do some similar close-up pictures of the Mark VI Maquette. Just to see what they look like. I have a feeling that the quality has taken a turn for the worse, but obviously the level of detail of the new armors is higher as well.

please do. i have the mark VI but have never taken pics that close though i dont think it's nearly that bad. andy, can u take some closeups?

Horrible.

Not many, for good reason apparently. :lol

I really don't know why they insist on the black style panel lining. More often than not, it makes the piece worse.

But then again, I've seen it done extremely well by under 13 year olds/beginners building Gundam model kits.

Though when I got my Hot Toys mark 42, it had somewhat similar panel line issues, but to a much lesser extent.

But the difference for me was how it was applied. That being last and with no top coat etc, I was able rub off any excess panel lining simply with my thumb, and sometimes nail, without any damage to the piece. Most likely due to it being casted/molded to a smooth surface of plastic/diecast rather than the rough polystone surface.

Back