Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why IP and War Machine don't have a weapon in that hand is completely idiotic.

So for someone on the fence about this Mark 42, Baggio, you suggest him? How do you feel about the pose? In some pics it seems like he's learning forward too much, and looks kinda silly.

Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

So for someone on the fence about this Mark 42, Baggio, you suggest him? How do you feel about the pose? In some pics it seems like he's learning forward too much, and looks kinda silly.

If your on the fence then i'd personally advice you to wait a little longer for Sideshow's MKIII and MKVII Maquettes (whenever that will be) :lol those armours are probably everyone's resounding favourites so you cant go wrong if your looking for a definitive Iron Man piece. Buying the MK42 for the sake of it doesnt sound like a good idea...besides, the MK42 suit itself is of an acquired taste and not everyone likes it...i actually prefer the MK43 over the 42 personally and it would'nt surprise me if Sideshow pull out another variant and change the 42 into a 43 but with an Avengers Age of Ultron themed base (just like they did with IP and War Machine)

The 42 pose isn't as bad as what you think it looks like in the pics...yes, from a certain angle you could say he's leaning forward a little but in all fairness i think it adds to the dynamics of the pose...

ce6a22f6429b2e2d05e554eba165d835.jpg

i actually rate this piece quite highly from all the Iron Man collectibles i've owned. The fact Sideshow nailed the correct colours was what really attracts me to the piece...which is partly the reason why i dont own the XM or the Iron Studio MK42's anymore :(

Another point to factor in is that this MK42 is the perfect companion piece alongside the IP Maquette so again, maybe wait until you hear some news regarding Sideshows next installment from their 1/4 scale line...what about the MKII Maquette? that one looks pretty cool :dunno

6b8408d612284de9b7727f43bedc2ab2.jpg

Not a fan of the MK2 unpainted unfinished prototype version. There's something about it that just feels...well, unfinished. And I'm probably one of the few that really likes the MK42 armor. It's a very different color scheme, inverting the red/gold, but it works wonderfully.

I wonder what the hold up is with the MK3 and MK 7. Seems like those were announced ages ago, but we haven't heard a peep in a long while.

Decisions decisions.

Not a fan of the MK2 unpainted unfinished prototype version. There's something about it that just feels...well, unfinished. And I'm probably one of the few that really likes the MK42 armor. It's a very different color scheme, inverting the red/gold, but it works wonderfully.

I wonder what the hold up is with the MK3 and MK 7. Seems like those were announced ages ago, but we haven't heard a peep in a long while.

Decisions decisions.

Let me decide for you then :) if you want an iron man that's gonna be amazing then look no further....

6ab37f2007e6749e34ccc7ce5c9ff8f1.jpg

cancelled this one... not my favorite armor... I have too many IM maquettes and I felt like I just dodged a bullet with the Iron Patriot. My IP is not perfect but better than most I've seen.
I was going to get the Life Size bust and the King Arts IM3 headset to go with this MK42 maq but the IM bust went back to sideshow for being too lumpy too.

Let me decide for you then :) if you want an iron man that's gonna be amazing then look no further....

6ab37f2007e6749e34ccc7ce5c9ff8f1.jpg

about iron studios//////////i bought mark 42 from iron studios,noone see it.its nOT 1/4 scale -its 1/5!and has a lot of paint problems and wrong colors,whatelse?
we have mark 42 2 years before sideshow statue,that is something

I don't like that Imaginarium either. The pose is odd, the way he attaches to the base feels cheap, and it looks like he's standing in front of a billboard.

Wonder if SS will skip the 43 and go straight to the 45. I mean, after they release the ones they announced ages ago.

about iron studios//////////i bought mark 42 from iron studios,noone see it.its nOT 1/4 scale -its 1/5!and has a lot of paint problems and wrong colors,whatelse?
we have mark 42 2 years before sideshow statue,that is something
IS Mk 42 is not 1:5 scale :cuckoo:

It's 1:4 scale and measures up almost exactly with SSC's Iron Man ground punch comiquettes that are 1:4 scale, and the helmet is the same size as the IM/IP maquettes which are both 1:4.

:goodpost:

Yes, IA pose and base not that impressed for now. But its painting job is really outstanding.
Anyway, IA upcoming product has very good improvement. Stay tuned!

11205071_679891462144863_3862629754286617554_n.jpgea495657jw1es5xl08xauj20xc18gdsh.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430565722071.jpg11113957_851855834908506_7722698102960447065_n.jpg

IS Mk 42 is not 1:5 scale :cuckoo:

It's 1:4 scale and measures up almost exactly with SSC's Iron Man ground punch comiquettes that are 1:4 scale, and the helmet is the same size as the IM/IP maquettes which are both 1:4.

:goodpost:

its not te same.i have the iron man maquette and war machine-its defently not the same.it has same scale like snake eyes and timber from sideshow.

Back