Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back! I thought it was great. It was unexpected, and I really appreciate that. Loved the tone. Loved making Tony really fight for it. Even liked the Mandarin. And that was pretty darn surprising, though I figured it out pretty quickly. It's great to be surprised by a movie. I think general audiences will really love this. I'm sure the nerd rage will be great on this one, but I thought it was a great step to go in after the last movie.

Just saw it. Good movie overall. I think Avengers spoiled me with its amount of action scenes. Less action scenes and less Tony in his suit made me appreciate the movie less......at first. Its not all about action in the 1st place. Great story told here. It had its moments where it fell short but it was still good. 8/10

More detailed analysis from me:

I'm a huge Iron Man fan, and have been since I was little. He's pretty much my favorite superhero, so I was ecstatic and how great Iron Man 1 was. Iron Man 2 had it's moments, but it's hard to deny that it's not as good. But this one... I definitely think it was back on form. The great thing about this is that there's so much about it that's unexpected. Here are what I think is great about it:

Spoiler Spoiler:

It rocked!

SO MUCH BETTER THAN PART 2!

Not perfect like the original Iron Man but I really liked it. Anyone else miss the Iron Man "voice" though? In part 1 he had the coolest voice but it's just Tony's voice now, even when in the suit, it's not enhanced anymore. Oh well. I still really miss the original Roadie too.

Overall I was really surprised how good it was. A solid 8 / 10 for me.

Last edited:
I know alot of people are complaining about not having Tony in the suit all that much, but honestly he is so good at being Tony Stark that I almost enjoy him out of the suit more. Yeah the action scenes are absolutely awesome, but It is nice for a change to not have it be all action the entire movie. Anyways I liked it alot. Better than the 2nd but not as good as the 1st.

Just got home, and my Wife is already plotting how we can go and see it again tomorrow morning (she's a keeper).

Absolutely loved it. By far IMO the most / best action scenes of all three. I can not believe how much they showed The Mandarin and how little they showed Killian in the previews, only to have it turn out as it did - LOVE it.

I was on media blackout for the last month, and felt surprised at almost every turn. I really hate watching a movie and thinking "oh I've seen this, I know what happens next". Not at all, which made it even better.

Does Mandarin ever say "empty life or a meaningful death"? If he did, I don't remember it. His character in the end was great.

I loved how Tony sometimes had the suit on, sometimes had just a glove, sometimes he controlled the suit without ever being inside. The scene where he gets hit by the semi truck - awesome.

This one was also definitely the most graphic. My 7 year old, who has seen just about all of the super hero movies there are, got scared 3-4 times by the "Extremis People". People on fire, people getting limbs cut off. It was a bit much for him, but all the way home he kept saying how awesome it was.

LOVED the final battle with all of the suits and Tony bouncing all over the place....but now that I've seen the movie, IP and Tony Stark are the only must have figures from the movie. Maybe the Mk 42 but that's it. Disappointed that Igor didn't have a bigger role.

tumblr_ml9d4y9KiO1s72pxio1_400.gif

I've seen this exact footage in a documentary about pachycephalosaurus dinosaurs and the debate on whether or not they rammed their skulls to compete for mates.

As far as the film goes, I enjoyed some of it, but was also disappointed a bit.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Well... I don't know guys... did we watch the same movie?...
I mean... Tony Stark was great... all of the jokes were great...
But man... the storyline sucked *****!!
And the Mandarin... seriously... WTF???
Awful, awful, awful... there was like 10 minutes of actual Iron Man suited up in the whole movie... what a joke!
Thumbs down for me...
:yuck

I've seen this exact footage in a documentary about pachycephalosaurus dinosaurs and the debate on whether or not they rammed their skulls to compete for mates.

As far as the film goes, I enjoyed some of it, but was also disappointed a bit.
Spoiler Spoiler:

While we're on the subject of Nolan's Batman......."The Clean Slate Protocol"???

I was really disappointed by the entire film if I'm honest. I enjoyed the first two immensely albeit for different reasons.

My random thoughts on IM3:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
This movie was an awful letdown. There is one point in the movie where some fans will be like "Cool I like that" For me that point was like a giant middle finger to the face. Oh well **** happens.

If you simply think PTSD is being a 'scared little pansy' then you've just labelled those soldiers who have served in combat scared little pansies too.

The biggest problem this movie is having is people thinking it's a popcorn flick and not actually reading deeper into it.

Honestly it went from fun to beyond silly...
Spoiler Spoiler:

THis makes Iron Man 2 look like a masterpiece... man, am I disappointed!! Ugh!!! :banghead:

Back