Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Read Harry Knowles review. Possibly fan boy wet dreaming but he makes some interesting observations...

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/62211

As for this not having enough Iron Man in it, I think it was a brave move. They're really exploring the character of Stark and developed a well rounded hero more so and more successfully than WB have managed with Batman and even James Bond.
I was bugged out about him removing his RT though...we'll see what happens on Avengers2.

And yeah the tissue paper IM suits was a bit bafflingly inconsistent...don't forget in Avengers, the MKVI was chewed up inside the turbine of the Shield Hellicarrier and was still operational. Haha

Iron Man 1 has loads of Tony Stark though and so does Iron Man 2, I think the lack of Iron Man suit has always been an issue. I think we almost get more suit action in the Avengers than we do with all three Iron Man films combined. This movie's biggest sin for me is the comedy, while funny in places there is far too much of it, Shane Black has done a good job in the past balancing comedy with drama with scripts like Lethal Weapon and The Last boy scout, but this film has Tony not even being that upset when Pepper plummets to the ground.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was so disappointed the same way last week. Feeling much better now, especially because I will not have to shell out crazy money for 'all' the armours and figures shown in the movie. That's the only respite. :)

Iron Man 1 has loads of Tony Stark though and so does Iron Man 2, I think the lack of Iron Man suit has always been an issue. I think we almost get more suit action in the Avengers than we do with all three Iron Man films combined. This movie's biggest sin for me is the comedy, while funny in places there is far too much of it, Shane Black has done a good job in the past balancing comedy with drama with scripts like Lethal Weapon and The Last boy scout, but this film has Tony not even being that upset when Pepper plummets to the ground.

I was thinking the same thing when I was reading posts here.

Iron Man 2 doesn't really have that much Iron man in it.
seems like these movies are more about Tony Stark overall.

I loved it. It had a few WTF moments (ending) but I saw that coming when someone fell. No war machine suit......

You know what, you're right? We only saw IP and not one second of WM 2.0 did we? huh

oh well, loved the movie, going back to see it this morning.

Basically if you're a big comic book fan and don't like it when a movie deviates from the comics, you'll hate it. Otherwise you'll probably like it.

Why would they do that?

I Would love to see an interview where they explain the reasoning behind the Mandarin.

Like most I was highly disappointed with the film as a comic book fan, as a movie goer it was good. I could have dealt with a lot of other inconsistencies if they could have kept the Mandarin, the Mandarin. While funny parts came of the turn of events it was a huge let down. He was a badass Mandarin until they made this huge "plot" twist. It's like they tried going the Batman Begins route with Ra's but failed miserably because there was no "real" Mandarin. While this may be better than Iron Man 2 it's not better by much IMO. As the start of phase 2 I'm not that excited. I think that Thor will bring it back for me though.

And while I enjoyed the after credits scene, it had nothing to do with the next film like the other films have done. Kinda lame. I was looking for a sneak peek at the story line for phase 2. Whether it be the Guardians movie or whatever.

Last edited:
i think having the suits fall apart easily was a good way of showing how fractured Tony Stark's mind was after the events of New York. instead of taking his time making sure his armors are good for combat, he just makes more and more thinking that would be enough. he even lied to Pepper when she asked about the mark 42, saying it was number 15. at least thats how i interpreted

Spoiler Spoiler:

totally agree with you.

Folks, please remember that THIS JUST CAME OUT in the States and many people have not had a chance to see it yet. Use spoiler tags if you are going to give anything away.

:duff

New director = fail

IM3 = Weakest IM film yet

They tried to make it DKR (which IMO didnt even work DKR) and they did an ever worse job than Nolan did.

the opening scene of TDKR is 10000000000000x better then this whole film.

this movie does not even compare to TDKR.
the Dark knight trilogy still the best super hero movies ever made.

all hopes now on MAN OF STEEL.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hearing lots of disappointment for this film. I am so not interested in seeing it, especially after how crapy IM2 was. Too bad, because I love the original IM!

Spoiler Spoiler:

the more I think about this the more I get pissed.

This poster !!!!!

False advertising !!!

yeah.... or this? :lol:lol:lol

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-3-The-Mandarin-Banner.jpg

Back