Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I for one wouldn't really want to see Tony vs War Machine... I think the end of IM2 has kinda set it up that they are in good understanding and probably would fight back to back instead of against eachother...

Besides yet another armored suit vs armored suit thing could be repetitive.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Mandarin in some form. I haven't read any of the comics so I wouldn't be to upset if they change the magic thing into something more technological. But if they can find a believable way to portray him with magic powers then it's ok too.

We are getting the Avengers first anyway, and since Thor is in that, there will be somekind of magic involved already so it's not that it will be strange to this movie universe.

On a kind of related note though, the guy who helped Ivan escape prison in IM2, was credited as Ten-Rings-thug or something... So since he works for Hammer, is it kinda safe to assume that the Mandarin is already somehow involved and even has Hammer working for him or something?

the guy that you're referring to as the Ten Rings thug is IMO, not the prison guard, but actually the guy who hands Ivan his passport and plane tickets to France. At least, that's what i think

The 'Thor' movie will be a critically 'meh' at best a minor commercial success, a la 'Ghost Rider', 'Hulk' and the latter installations in the 'X-Men' series.

I guarantee you. :lecture

thats meant to be a possible future baddie Mandarin but they are not sure becuase the first two have been techno-based and it more magic. Favenroe has said he's gonna waht happens with Thor and see if its possible

:lol Favreau is afraid to deal with magic and you want him to include cosmic entities.

I have a feeling that if they start working before Thor it'll be someone else armored or Mandarin armorized as they did in the most recent cartoon. If they start after Thor then that is the best chance you have as at a Mandarin more like the books. Favreau seems pretty hellbent on using Mandarin for his last contracted film and depending on whether you listen to RDJ or Favreau the start time is either next summer or two years following.

I wonder if RDJ will stick to the role and whether or not Favreau will sign another contract to direct more or if they'll get a new helmer.

Ah but Thanos is much more interesting than Mandarin and we could see Tony go into outer space LOL. Another suit for Sideshow to produce.

I'm not sure who else they would use for the next movie other than Mandarin. I don't want to see Stark vs. Rhodey and I don't think the Living Laser or the Ghost will cut it (although the Living Laser would look kinda cool). What other non-armored villians are there? Madame Masque? I'm pulling for Mandarin.

Re: Iron Man 3

https://www.filmschoolrejects.com/n...-jon-favreau-talks-3d-imax-for-iron-man-3.php

"In an interview with MTV, Favreau spoke a bit about the future of the franchise. He said that he wanted to use 3D for Iron Man 2, but it just didn’t work out. He would however, like to go 3D for Iron Man 3. He also noted that he would have liked to look at IMAX, but the cost was just too much to go either 3D or IMAX. As well, Favs noted that his cinematographer Matthew Libatique likes to shoot on film, and both were impressed with the look that film gave to the first Iron Man."

Glad to see there isn't a "D" attached to the end of the title...
:lecture:lecture

I'm pretty sure they'll add it by the 2013 release date...

2iue51f.jpg

~~At least they're not trying to pump these out like the Twilight movies.

I'm still waiting to hear any confirmation of Jon Favreau's involvement. There's a lot of rumors that he's had a falling out with Marvel over them low-balling him on pay, interfering with development, artist differences.... One story on Cinema Blend said Favreau was furious that Marvel turned IM2 into an infomercial for The Avengers, and the story for IM2 suffered. Also Favreau had wanted to direct The Avengers but Marvel didn't want to pay him a salary befitting an A-list director.

Interesting if it comes to pass...

Could Iron Man 3 be the end of Marvel movies for a while?
Iron Man 3, due out in 2013 will not just be the third and final Iron Man film, but according to director John Favreau, it will wrap up the story of the Avengers, Thor and Captain America as well as possibly being the last Marvel movie for a while.
With Marvel’s absolutely manic rush of comic book related films, it’s almost impossible to imagine a summer without one, but with Ant Man, Avengers, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man 3, X-Men First Class, The Wolverine and possibly a War Machine movie on the table, there will be plenty of Marvel thrills between now and 2013.

Simply because this idea is in it’s early stages, the concept of how it will happen is slightly hazy. Favreau has however talked to Kenneth Branagh who is directing Thor and also met with the cast. He has also spoke with Whedon, who is directing The Avengers, in passing. This is definitely a promising sign if all these creative minds are being consulted before Favreau begins this endeavor.

Interesting and I could see where they might take a summer off of having something in the works. Thats a lot of movies and making fans wait would actually help a bit from the overload. Saying all that it would make me a bit sad.

Back