Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would IM 3 a 2013 release? and if show I wonder how it would coincide with every other movie involving the character

Favreau said after the Avengers so I'd imagine after 2012 so it'd be either 2013 but most likely 2014. Downey claims that it will film at the same time as The Avengers in one interview so who knows.

Favreau said after the Avengers so I'd imagine after 2012 so it'd be either 2013 but most likely 2014. Downey claims that it will film at the same time as The Avengers in one interview so who knows.

ah, I see. I hope it'll come 2014, and I really hope they dont screw up the mandarin character up.

They might. IM2 felt rushed. As you were watching it, there were definite parts rushed and edited quickly because Marvel Studios wanted to stick to the release date already published. They push Favreau to complete it to the point that even a week before International release he was tweeting that he was still working on it. I could see them pushing him to get it out so that they have a tentpole after The Avengers and having him force it.

The reason we have a sequel is because we have saddo's that go and see it umpteen times becuase they have no other way of filling thier time. It makes it seem like the film is doing well well in fact its just a small band of ppl seeing it againa and again.:pfft:

:thud: This coming from an Avatar fan is just amazing!

He's not an avatar fan, he doesn't even like it. He just uses a name and avatar from it. :dunno :cuckoo:

I'm not crazy about all this 3D business either. But don't they usually have it in both formats? It is nice to have the option to see it in 3D if that is your thing.

He's not an avatar fan, he doesn't even like it. He just uses a name and avatar from it. :dunno :cuckoo:

I'm not crazy about all this 3D business either. But don't they usually have it in both formats? It is nice to have the option to see it in 3D if that is your thing.

2D is my only option. the nearest 3D IMAX theater is an hour away

I like the movie but I was caught up in the hype at the time. I'm a Terminator fanboy and I couldn't think of a username. I'd literally just got in from seeing the movie when I signed up to the forum. It was fine before all this Avatard crap started but I wasn't to know the movie was going to spark a massive group of haters.

I think the Science vs Magic/Religion storyline could be a good one. And since they are in the cross over mood now, they could even throw in Dr. Strange to help Tony fight the Mandarian. That would also open up the door for a Dr. Strange film, if anyone would go see it :lol

I do think if the Mandarian is the villian, he'll need a "Darth Vader" to go along with him. Favreau has already said the Emperor has had a big influence on how they want to tackle him, so him having a 'fighting henchman' like Vader was would make sense. So that guy, the Crimson Dynamo for example sake, would be the main bad guy of the film blowing up stuff, but is actually working directly for the Mandarian. And so the final fight would be like RotJ. Vader first and then the Emperor. I just don't see the Mandarian being able to support an entire movie from behind the scenes without another villian doing the dirty work.

Lets also not forget we could have a nice Hulkbuster story either in Iron Man or the Avengers. A Hulkbuster armor would be freaking sweet to see on film. Hulk could even be an opening scene fight. I know many feel Scarecrow's cameo in TDK was disapointing, but I love it. It really helps bring in that comic book feel to me. How many times does a comic open with a quick little encounter like that? I feel that just adds to these 'worlds' and makes the audience realize that once 'character x' has been used/defeated in one movie, that they cand still be around and used again later. :dunno

I still think Iron Man 2 was great, so as long as Favreau is on board, I'm sure it will be good. :)

I wish Favreau could just stick with film stock instead of going digital, which means the likelihood of 3d.

However, that's the smallest concern. They should concentrate on making IM3 better than its predecessor. And please, if they're going to force more Avengers tie-ins into this film, then the should really go the Rambo naming route and call the flick 'The Avengers year one: Iron Man part 3" or something.

Crimson Dynamo's basic character was merged with Whiplash's to create Vanko so I'd say that ship has sailed. Unless they use some other incarnation of Crimson Dynamo (there were multiples) but somehow I doubt that is where they are going.

We didn't actually see Vanko die though, so if they wanted to he could be back. Especially if they go the magic route, would be simple to just teleport Vanko out of there.

I wonder if they will go with an Armor Wars sort of plot as well. IM2 showed other countries working on it, and Hammer might still have the tech perfected by Vanko. Could be interesting to have the Mandarin and someone like Crimson Dynamo as the main villians, but also have a bunch of other suited up grunts. Could be interesting if he had to defeat them without killing them as well, perhaps to avoid international conflict?

can someone (mike) explain to me what the stealth armor does, and what makes it different from the other armors? aside from it's awesome look, what sets the stealth armor apart from his others?

Well depends on the model of Stealth. Model X, Mark I has no weapons but has a scan probe, a reciever, X-Ray Scan and high tech cameras. It was basically a spy Mark. The Model X, Mark II has "Chameleon Mode" which was possible by having light reflecting panels on the armor which changed the way light was seen on it causing him to go "invisible". This one has repulsors but only enough energy for three or four heavy blasts as emergency measures. The Model X, Mark III has a Unibeam as a weapon and ECM Scramblers.

What you would probably see on screen is a variation of the Plastic Ghost Armor, Model XXVII, Mark I that he used against Black Panther. It has Repulsors, a limited Chestbeam spotlight with infrared and a electromagnetic pulse. The armor is invisible to any form of detection, including night vision, infrared, and enhanced super-human senses because entire outer surface of the armor is like a movie screen projecting images of the surrounding area onto the armor's surface which causes the "invisibility".

We didn't actually see Vanko die though, so if they wanted to he could be back. Especially if they go the magic route, would be simple to just teleport Vanko out of there.

He turned his chest arc into a timebomb. If you teleported him out you'd essentially be teleporting a bomb to you. Not to mention that you'd be assuming that Vanko was important enough to keep alive and going by what Favreau has set up the Mandarin to be, a kind of international kingpin, I don't see him caring that Vanko was dead or alive because his job wasn't complete.

:lol And Hot Toys just wishes there were that many in the films to milk us dry!

I too think Vanko is toast. Otherwise you could say Iron Monger could have been saved at the last minute too. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Rourke and Bridges back, but I doubt they would bring them back. But if I've learned anything from Horror movies, unless you really see the villian die, he can always come back. And even then that doesn't stop some of them :lol

That would be kinda cool too see Tony face them both at the same time... :lol With Mandarin in the background pulling the strings so to speak.

Back