Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uncaptioned-an8kV-50f866b1e1710.jpeg

Jarvis will be stolen and converted to Ultron, remember now, no Hank "wife beater" Pym in Avengers 2.

Maybe IM3 remote suits plotline served a greater purpose.

The lolcats will come home to roost.

:exactly:

You should see what I do when I have some spare time. :lol

They have too much time on their hands, you have too much time in yours. :lol

Good explanation why Mandarin wasn't as messed up as everyone thinks...

https://ronriii.tumblr.com/post/50492140064/aldrich-killian-is-the-mandarin

Thanks. The article there pretty much concurs with most of my already formed opinions, therefore I enjoyed it :lol

It's funny to me that people get so bent out of shape that the real Mandarin wasn't a beard stroking evil stereotype asian villain like the 60's original, but Nick Fury not being anything like his 60's spandex with white leather accessories, caucasian classic version ruffles not a single feather.

I guess I just don't understand the selective outrage about characters being updated.

Thats not what people were pissed about. It was taking an awesome and threatening terrorist warlord villian that they advertised and turning him into a joke to use an Edward Nygma knockoff instead

Thats not what people were pissed about. It was taking an awesome and threatening terrorist warlord villian that they advertised and turning him into a joke to use an Edward Nygma knockoff instead

Agreed. I didn't give two ****s if he was asian, had flamboyant Chinese patterned robes and was connected to a dragon. They could have gone in the direction they had hinted at with the first film with that terrorist group and I would have been fine. But the mood of the film changed to me when the twist came into it...it was completely silly (and I didn't find him funny at all...toilet humor just doesn't really cut it for me anyway). Not every aspect of it was terrible, and it was an interesting idea just not executed in a way to my liking. It wasn't just that for me....the first scene to set up the villain felt like something out of Big Bang Theory or something. I didn't think Robert Downey Jr's lines were nearly as funny (and he seemed to be bored with his role in this movie). And I'm not a fan of little kids acting like a hero's little sidekick. I know it's supposed to be cute and have some sweet, life-changing impact on the main character, but it rarely works for me as a viewer.

Back